Reviews for To Be Her Knight
SilentStarlightSky chapter 3 . 4/17/2015
This was cute and fun. The tabloid bits were very funny. I like your style. Good work! I'm probably going to binge on your other stories now too. :)
Forest Ducks chapter 3 . 9/4/2013
Fitting conclusion for the story, and I love the interaction between Rin and Squall. Your dialogue and peek into Squall's thoughts make the story that much better and makes us feel bad for the boy who just hit puberty. :)
Forest Ducks chapter 2 . 9/4/2013
I remember the day we were cracking jokes about possible tabloid article titles about the gang - so glad they ended up in the story, because I may be a bit biased, but I find them hilarious. :) The conversation between everyone was fantastic, and it definitely played up each of their personalities. Thoroughly enjoyed the chapter. -goes off and imagines Irvine and his fantastic chaps-
Forest Ducks chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
The thing that still makes me laugh like a moron when I read it: "The thought crossed his mind that at some point she had probably seen him naked." Oh Squall, honey, you're adorable.

Loved the setup for the story, and the way you delve into Squall and Rinoa's relationship, particularly their sorceress-knight bond. I think it's a very important aspect of their relationship that a lot of people don't look at too intimately.

Excellent chapter. 3
Emerald-Latias chapter 3 . 9/2/2012
Floundering in a sea of change. I rather like that line.

But yeah, the world I always imagine Squall in post-game is definitely like that because I can see him being pulled in six-thousand different directions while being forced to wear multiple hats (not literal hats, I mean jobs...though the thought of him in cute little hats is always...well, cute!). But that being said, I definitely see Rinoa as his constant, his rock even, even if he is still sorting out all these different foreign feelings in his head as well as his misgivings about not being in total control of himself anymore.

This is my roundabout way of saying that you captured all of these elements perfectly. Not because they all happen to align with what I imagine immediately post game (I can pretty much go along with any interpretation so long as the case is presented with logic and agrees to canon characterization) but because it's so well-developed and nicely written.

Putting this under my faves and looking forward to the other stuff you'll put out! _
Emerald-Latias chapter 2 . 9/2/2012
Admittedly, I let out a muffled scream when the table was discussing what Squall had said to Rinoa. He's taking it surprisingly well though. I was expecting him to storm out. Well, maybe he'll have a few words to say to Rinoa in private but...gosh, I feel so bad for him.

Either way, the 'alternate lives' thing was cute. I know the one for Irvine actually ties into a fic of yours (the name of the girl seems to be ringing a lot of bells), but the rest were cute. Well, the puking involved with Zell's wasn't but you know what I mean. Quistis's was amusing though. She really tends to get painted that way by people that don't know her, do they? Anyway, I'm not surprised Squall blew it in that meeting. And to be honest, I liked that you captured some of the post-game logistics for Garden. I mean insofar as the world and Garden's state after the war. I like the realism and thought brought into it.

Anyway, going on to read the next chapter!
Emerald-Latias chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Eeee. I love the tone set up by this. I wonder what it was that Squall had said or if it was just an 'I love you' kind of line. The part with Zell bugging him made me giggle. Either way, eager to read the next part (and the next one after).
Ronin-ai chapter 3 . 9/1/2012
Thank you so much for joining our challenge and for writing such a lovely story as this. I quite enjoyed it. In particular, I like how you wrote Squall's interactions with Rinoa, with his friends, and with Cid and the investors. I also like how you gradually showed him settling and accepting his role as commander. good story, and really well written. thank you again for participating!
Bebedora chapter 3 . 8/31/2012
Fantastic! I loved this. I always enjoy Sorceress/Knight bond fics, and you did a great job. I enjoyed that yours showed the bond as loving and romantic. A lot of stories have the bond going a little ti the darker and more serious side, and while that's great too, I really liked that yours was fluffier. :)

Again, so glad you are writing again. I look forward to more!

Bebedora chapter 2 . 8/30/2012
Great chapter!

I nearly fell off the couch laughing at all the tabloid rumors! Loved it! You really did a great job capturing the conversation there. I like it when the characters are playful with their banter, it makes then seem more real.

Interested in Quistis' reaction ti Squall's answer...looking forward to your next update.

Bebedora chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
I already love this! I love stories that pick up soon after the game ends...especially because Rinoa and Squall's relationship is still so early on. We get to see all his little awkward moments and thoughts as he gets used to the idea of having a girlfriend.

Keep up the great work, so glad that you're writing again!