Reviews for A Potted Black Rose
Dragonjek chapter 17 . 5/11
Or Hermione will be the first to group up straight with Harry, befriending him first instead of another girl. Rather canon-like, really.

It's a pity you seem to have abandoned this-I rather like it and see a lot of potential-but I've enjoyed what I've read.

Seeing more of Harry from Bellatrix's POV would be nice-we know what Andromeda and Narcissa think of him, but as someone who hated him before now, but is now pledged to him and he was able to get her out of Azkaban... it would be an interesting perspective.

But how things are with Harry is what I'd most like to see. What does he think of all the changes in his life? How does his time with the Dursley's still scar him? Do the other children ever notice that there's something wrong with him or that he sometimes behaves abnormally? How does he feel about his betrothed, or about the way they all seem to be grouping up separately? The only time I recall any kid named in conjunction with Harry is when Luna and Susan played with him (probably the first time he ever played with another child in his life), so we don't really see what he thinks of any of them, or what he thinks about being married at all. Because he's a boy and they're girls, does he feel excluded from their cliques? Or does he drift from group to group, sort of bounced around between them?

I often see Harry's perspective skipped over in these sorts of stories. Authors get so caught up in arranging his life and setting up for his eventual time in Hogwarts that not much attention gets paid to what Harry thinks now as his life is changing-for that matter, not much attention is paid to the girls. I'd like more of that-even here with Tonks she was mostly just used to give a description of how the not-Harrys are adapting to each other.
FlowerChild23 chapter 17 . 5/11
lol. oh man. this is funny. poor harry.
Dragonjek chapter 13 . 5/11
I'm relieved at some of what you've done here. Albus wasn't in the know about a good bit of what's going on, and didn't think Sirius was innocent in the first place so wasn't trying to cover anything up by skipping the trial. A manipulative character is fine, but suddenly making a character evil out of nowhere? That puts a nasty mark on a story.

Although that doesn't explain or excuse his actions at the Dursleys. Which was, just, damn.
What was he thinking, sending a Bombarda strong enough to destroy the entire house _at the person holding Harry_? The only thing that might possibly soothe over that wrong would be if he panicked and overpowered his magic. Although that's hardly enough to excuse casting such a lethal spell in the first place. I'm surprised that he couldn't figure out why Fawkes burnt him, though. He's pretty intelligent.
Corneliusduke chapter 13 . 3/7
This is not bad, I do like the Harem stories. They are way more interesting. I do hope that Arthur can control Molly. They need to work with the Blacks (although I think that the Weasly's are blind to Dumbledork's manipulations). It would be a nice change for Arthur to be able to see through Albus for what he really is. I hope for the best in these stories (unless you hand over this story to a friend to complete?).
Hope you come back to this re read 4 times already
Great story. Sorry it's on hiatus.
MegaHeracross214 chapter 17 . 2/1
Goblins aren’t Beasts they are Beings.
Ranmaleopard chapter 17 . 12/25/2017
This is just really interesting and I can't wait to see what happens next. Please continue
nitewolf423 chapter 17 . 12/13/2017
This story is awesome I'm sad it's on hiatus I will be fav/following it in case you pick it back up but if it is adopted please let me know by who
EmmSea chapter 14 . 11/25/2017
This's a good story, but it desperately needs a proof reader.
Corneliusduke chapter 14 . 10/22/2017
I like this so far, very well done. I also like the idea that Tom Riddle might actually be dead. Maybe you have to be pure-blood to make a horcrux, which he is not, and that makes sense too. Having rouge death-eaters & Dumb-l-e-d-o-r, would be enough for Harry!
ClaireR89 chapter 14 . 9/14/2017
Why did you use lestrange. Wasn't her marriage annulled/cancelled
Drew86 chapter 17 . 8/21/2017
Please don't stop! I really enjoy reading this story. Hope to read more chapters soon! Faithful readers await!
Drew86 chapter 7 . 8/21/2017
Dumbledork is a right bastard!
furface294 chapter 2 . 5/9/2017