Reviews for A Potted Black Rose
1sunfun chapter 17 . 9/30
Nice and interesting story.1sunfun
lordblink chapter 17 . 9/16
Well, I do hope that this story will someday pick up where it left off, and continue to develop to its fullest potential. Until then, keep up the great work!
debsel chapter 17 . 9/12
please continue this story soon!
AmeliaJane14 chapter 17 . 7/28
I'd love to see Harry being forced to interact with all of the girls! Haha, little boys don't want to hang out with girls no matter how poor their upbringing! I can just imagine everyone's faces when Harry gets on a broom for the first time! Fantastic!
bigfan22 chapter 17 . 7/14
Excellent story. I really hope you continue it, because a Harry raised by the Black sisters would def be a fun read. Great job and I hope we get another update soon.
Currahee506 chapter 17 . 6/8
JamyJanna chapter 17 . 5/31
i would really like to see this continued!
loleo chapter 17 . 5/28
Ok, it is an interesting read and I hope it will be more interesting in the future. A harem for Harry is nothing new, but with so many girls? Are you not going a bit overboard here? Thirteen girls for Harry, when the wizarding world is such a small world? That is too much... in my humble opinion. Ok, you are the author, but... thirteen girls? And no real place for Hermione to fit in. Maybe with Padma, the future Ravenclaw and Daphne. Both girls like to read and learn - if you read the books carefully.

But... what I don't understand is, why must both siblings of the Delacour and Greengrass families be betrothed to Harry? By the Patils I understand: In India it is normal for families to marry their twin daughters to one man, if he can support both with money and homes. Other you could write, that Parvati will not be in the contract, if Padma is the one. And also, why not give one daughter, Daphne or Astorie for the Greengrass family or Fleur or Gabrielle for the Delacour family to Harry. Why must both daughters from one family be the future wifes? That I don't understand. Reduce the Doubles and Harry will have to marry not so many girls.

Also, think some more thorough, please, for the only male in this future family of Harry: He will love a big family with many children, that I think is a given if you write some of his charactertraits like that of the books. But how can he be fair to all his wifes? He is dead to the world, if he will be comforting and love all of them without to offend one or more of the girls on a regular basis. In your story, Harry will only live a future life in being there for his wifes and will not have any free time to express his OWN personality and wishes for his OWN future with so many brides.

Or will he be the future "motherhen" and be a at home father and his wifes will go out into the world, make a career for themselfes and a difference in the wizarding world? Will they hold the seats in the Wizengamot and rule for him there? And what for Harrys future profession? Will he be a healer? Or a spellcrafter? An inventor or the manager of his three Lordships? An auror or maybe a cursebreaker is out of the question, because of the risc he would take in this profession. He could be dead to early and that with so many wifes...

And where in the quotation came Nymphadora to be a future wife for Harry? Had I lost something by reading the chapters? I had thought, Dora is only there, because she is - or was - the hostage to Dumbledore and because she is the daughter of Andromeda and Ted. In which contract is Dora the betrothed to Harry? Or from which contract came Angelina? Maybe you should at the end of the chapters write a list, which girl is contracted to which family.

And why didn't you speak up to Arthur because of the contract from Dumbledore and the taking money for his children? Please, could you write it so, that Harry don't need to marry Ginny? Or that she is the last to marry and will have the last bit of money or right to Harrys time with her. And that other than the money for the schooling nothing will go into the Weasleys coffer or vaults. I hate that boring, stupid, intolerant fan-girl. She is a hussy, a tramp, who want only fame and money from Harry and not Harry himself. Other than Bill, Charly and the twins, nothing good comes from the Weasleys. Maybe Arthur, if he was a little more tolerant to ideas other than originated from Molly or Dumbledore. Molly is only "motherly" towards Harry because of the maybe future marriage with him and her daughter - is my opinion for the original books from J.K. Rowlings.

And what of the titles Harry holds: The Potter, Black and Rosier lines, ok. But what of the Peverell, the Gryffindor and the Slytherin lines and their seats on the Wizengamot. Because, there must be seats, they are very old names and if the Peverell and Gryffindor line fused with the Potter line, after all there must be the old seats for them, too. They would not suddenly be lost because of some marriage. The four founders would not have no seats and rights in the ruling of their past world, that is my thinking.

All in all, Harry would in reality be Lord to six lines and not three. You had those names and old Lordships written in his statement from the Herald and if I am correct, old lines can fuse with new lines but don't loose their old seats in the house of Lords. They would hold both seats and that would also give Harry six seats in the Wizengamot. And the names of the "old" Lordships would be sitting at the end of the name in official documents and would not be lost. Old names like Gryffindor or Peverell would hold too much prestige to loose for any man that married a daughter of that line, if there were no sons to take the family name. That means, Harry is really the Lord of all six lines... officially and presented by the Herald.

Thinking of that, Dumbledore would know of Harrys line as the Gryffindor and Peverell heir. And he would hold so much more prestige and power with ruling over the seats from those old lines, as he unjustly placed himself as Harrys "Regent" and "Guardian" ... before the Black sisters came into the picture of Harrys life... I really hate that man... in the original books and most of those fanfiction-stories...

Also, it would make some of the betrothal contracts more reliable, if they came from those old family lines and old Lordships, too. They would also give the future wifes some titles to hold, other than Lady Potter, Lady Black and Lady Rosier. If there is a Lady Gryffindor, a Lady Peverell and a Lady Slytherin, that would mean six contract wifes... and not thirteen... Ok, and not to forget, Luna has a way out of her contract, as it was a contract of convenience to hold some secrets for Andromeda, Narcissa and Selene after their first meeting together with Harry. One future wife less.

Without some siblings and Luna... and perhaps Angelina and D
Nymphadora... Harry would have to really marry Susan Bones, Daphne Greengrass, Fleur Delacour, Hermione Granger, Tracy Davis, Padma Patil with titles as a Lady of a house from an old and reliable contract ... and *uagh* Ginny as the titleless wife. But you could forget about Astoria, Parvati, Gabrielle, Angelina, Dora, Ginny, Luna as Harrys wifes. That would be a relative manageable number of wifes instead of thirteen... AND WHERE CAME ANGELINA AND NYMPHADORA INTO THE STORY?
Blazeb79 chapter 17 . 4/22
Great story, can't wait for more.
HufflepuffWitch chapter 17 . 4/8
Interesting story though I'm unsure as to why so many wives and why siblings are included (that's a little incestuous in my book) can't wait to see where you go with it please update soon!
reallyfreakingnerdy chapter 17 . 3/4
Overall, great concept. Unfortunately the chapters are so short it never feels like it's going anywhere.
firebolthallow1572 chapter 17 . 1/23
I like see this get update soon please?
Hivedragon chapter 17 . 1/8
Awesome story, excellently written. Poor Harry he is going to whipped before he even can have any deviant thought thoughts, though with caretakers as Narcissa and Bellatrix they probably are going to give him a big spinal cord. There is one thing that confuses me where did Angelina come from did I miss something in the previous chapters? Looking forward to your next update.
ViceCaptainOmeada chapter 17 . 1/6
Delightful story so far, well written and not too over the top.
sailormoonserenity99 chapter 17 . 12/23/2014
Oh poor harry, so many future wives. Not good news for the other boys.

Please update soon, such a great story