Reviews for Sympathy
ThomE.Gemcity-06 chapter 1 . 2/20/2015
I never really thought what a drunk Toby would be like, but now I get that drinking would unfocus his mind and concentration and any walls that he had put up to block out other peoples thoughts would come crashing down and they would all rush in. Poor lovely Toby. Thoughtful of Michelle to want to check on him, but it was understandable how she felt about being around a drunk telepathic. And Oz, always the great friend, focusing on Toby even if it meant not really letting himself process Olivia's death.

This was really well written! Of course, a little sad, but a bit funny too (all the little snippets with neighbors' lives and his opinions on them).

But btw, Pickles and peanut butter is awesome! (especially if you got the right pickles) ... :)
ChibiAyane chapter 1 . 9/28/2014
That was funny and adorable and sad all at once.
WinchesterNimrod chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
awe! This is really good. I like how you mixed the humor in with it.
rivendellelve chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
Great story. i love it. Oz is such a great friend
vampangel33 chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
This was so cool. It never occurred to me that being drunk could effect Toby's abilities. Excellent work! He was so funny and cute! My heart breaks for him.
Lerrinus chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
Totally love how you've captured the Oz-and-Toby dynamic here! Good writing! :-)
sunshinecutiebre chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Awww this was so awesome and sad. It makes send that a drunk toby would do this. And I love Oz taking care of him. They both miss Liz. Thanks for writing! Hope you continue xP
Violet Eternity chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
I just wanted to say thank you for writing this fanfic. I love The Listener and this was so well written and I wish they'd show something like this on the show. So so so good. I'd love it if you'd write more Listener fanfic, I mean obviously only if you wanted to. Really really great job on this
CatzChaos chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Very well written. Would love a second chapter...
Guest chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Thanks for a wonderful friendship story!
Soului chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I'm actually surprised that they didn't have more fall out from Olivia's death in the show, but maybe that's still coming down the pipe.

In any case, I really liked this. Actually, I can see something like this happening. The thing with his gift going out of control when you mix in alchohol makes total sense and I think you handled that element of this oneshot very well. It brought a lighter note to keep the whole thing from becoming ridiculously dark.

There were a few sentences in the first paragraph that came off a little choppy, but then you really got into the story and the flow was excellent through the rest of the story. I know that was probably intentional, shorter sentences often carry emphasis, but I think that the way you used the technique messed with the flow a little. Even if you incorporated a few of those sentences I think you would be a lot happier with the result. That way the first paragraph would flow better and the short sentences that you left alone would actually carry twice as much impact.

Like I said, only in the first paragraph or so. You're at the stage where it's all about improving the little technical details, turning great writing into truly awesome writing. Good job and I hope to see more from you.
inkspell21 chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
This is brilliant. You have the characters down pat.
Neshomeleh chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
I love this one, though I have to admit that I miss the times, when there was more Toby and Oz. I'm a bit annoyed by the whole IIB stuff. But thank you for this short friendship-story.
JN Cory chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Nice story. I liked the insight into Toby and I liked the explanation about the glass walls. They've kind of bugged me and you provided a very nice explanation.
TV Centric Universe chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Great story. This is always how I imagined drunk Toby.