Reviews for Raking The Coals
bardsgrl4evr chapter 15 . 1/25/2016
Now this is some quality FF for the Boondock Saints! I loved Walking Through Fire just as much. Wonderfully written and true to character. Brava!
sprite76 chapter 15 . 10/11/2012
Like I'm gonna let this thing end without sounding off on it. Ha!

I'm glad there was a happy ending. I couldn't see it ending any other way, but that's just me. I think i would have felt unfulfilled or unsettled had it ended differently. The same thing goes for Kunty and Johnson. I like the insinuations of what would happen to them in the big house once they got locked up.

It was sweet but surprisingly not bittersweet seeing Quinn say a final goodbye to the twins. I believe the characters had each developed enough emotionally and mentally to come to grips with how things were but also how things could never be. It was good to not see anyone regressing at this stage.

I like Eunice but would have liked a bit more of her earlier on; I almost forgot about her until she got out of the car. But I think she'd be a good character to pursue if the author chose to pen an epilogue.

I would have liked maybe one last scene with Rusty and Quinn and maybe Duffy though, since she was introduced at the very beginning of "Raking" but wasn't a key player. You know, just to put all our minds at ease about her well-being through the violence/injuries her parents experienced.

I'm also glad Quinn didn't tell Kuntface whether she spit or swallowed. She's a nice charcter but I don't need that image of her in my mind.

PS-Ais, it means a lot that you acknowledge what I try to do. But seriously, I say pretty things BECAUSE THEY'RE TRUE and I support you because I don't see a single VALID reason why you don't deserve it. You deserve pleasant things just like everyone else, and it's what I do for my friends. :) Just ask Chels later if u don't believe me. ;-) Lucky you!
DeDe324 chapter 15 . 10/9/2012
OMG Kunty is SUCH a creep! Haha. This chapter was well worth the wait. It had me on the edge of my seat for most of it, but I'm glad you managed to tie up some loose ends if you will without making it a little too clean. And I think I actually like that you didn't have them kill Kunty, better this way. Awe! Romeo's back! Loved that little piece of interaction. I think it was very true to the character. :) The good-byes were perfect. It was nice that you had them fairly matter-of-fact and didn't drag them out in anyway. I love how you have had Connor be pretty willing to let her be happy. I think it's true to his character as was such a good ending. I think an epilogue could be fun, depending on what you did with it. It could be me being greedy though. This is a good ending, but if you have a teeny bit more in the chambers, I say go for it!

As always, thank you for the love! I feel the same about you, if not more so! You are wonderful and I love you dearly! Talk to you soon, I'm sure! :)
DeDe324 chapter 14 . 9/30/2012
Bahhhhh! I should have seen this coming! I should've known you wouldn't get rid of Kunty that easily! AHHHHH! I loved the scene with Quinn and Murphy, even though it was a heartbreaker. Poor twins. They just can't catch a break. :( Ooooo! Why did they let Quinn leave alone? Someone should have gone with her. :( Poor Red. Only one more chapter left and I have absolutely no idea what you're going to do. I love and hate that haha. I really enjoyed this chapter and I've loved going for this ride with you. I'm so sad it's ending. Write more BDS in the future, yeah?

Haha, the BDS quoting was fun! We have to move onto 2! Don't you hate when chapters don't cooperate? But I love how this turned out. You know I'm always around and I whine to you just as much (if not more, haha). I'm glad things are looking up and I'm around anytime you need me! Love you lots!
sprite76 chapter 14 . 9/29/2012
Well you just KNOW i'm not going to stay silent after that. First, if this ends with that little redhead swimming with the fishes i think i'll shit myself. Not after everything she's survived! Not when she has a little girl! And CERTAINLY not by the hand of that f-ing KUNT(sler)! (Ahem, please pardon my language.) But Quinn should quit smoking or she's just committing herself to death anyhow.

I just know the guys will get her back but i fear we will see the demise of one or more of them in the process.

Damn, now I'm wondering if Connor will go down fighting for her or if maybe Murphy will, even though it would tear Connor apart as he would no longer have his father, brother, OR Quinn in his life. Some people are just destined for suffering no matter what, you know?

What really has me worried now too is that Flynn and daddy Frank are involved. Shite!

But I may be okay with some characters dying (read: NOT Q or Rusty) because characters will do as they will...as long as Kuntsler gets his in the end too. :)

Okay, and i love that line about the speechlessness with Flynn, it kind of made me think of what someone said to me the one time in my life i ever had no comment on something. And here's me still loving that she's smarter than they give her credit for, but wondering why that's the case. They know she's intelligent and she's proven it, so I'm not sure i like that they STILL tend to forget it, even after all these chapters. :(

And here's me also wondering, "do my reviews ever really make sense?" ;-)

This has been the latest edition of, "What's in Sprite's Head After Reading 'Raking the Coals'." Please stay tuned for your regularly scheduled programming.
sprite76 chapter 13 . 9/25/2012
Okay I was thinking about it, and I realized that Connor actually DOES have a set on him, going back to his past actions...so scratch the comment about that, I've decided I'm okay with it for his character. But if Murphy tries anything he should get a 'nee to the 'nads. :)
sprite76 chapter 13 . 9/25/2012
Oooh, right now what's running thru my mind is, what's going on in that head of yours, Ais? With the way you ended that, I want to know what's going on in Flynn's head too! I'm trying not to analyze it because i'll drive myself batty.

Why, oh, why won't you let me peek? Peeking is fun! (And so is peaking, but I digress.)

I'm REALLY GLAD that Kunty went away. Usually that kind of stuff makes me sad but not this time. Haha! I was kind of worried he'd show his fugly face again.

Also, I think that Connor must have a huge set on him to be kissing someone else's wife on the lips with the spouse in question right nearby. I know it was innocent, but still. I've had GFs lose it over that. But I do like his promise to Q and that she accepted it.

PS-Rusty is a really cute nickname for Rosaleigh.

Till next time, fellow Awesomenatrix!
DeDe324 chapter 13 . 9/25/2012
Awe, Flynn's home! I liked the sibling bickering. :) Duffy's so trusting and sure of Quinn. That's sweet. I don't know how many people would be so compassionate regarding their wife's ex, y'know? Especially if that ex is a MacManus, haha. It's really refreshing. Gah, you're killing me with Connor. It's like an internal feud for me. But I like it. It was a really sweet scene with Quinn and Conn. And I love that they still have their easy banter and everything. Great chapter and I'm going to be so sad when this story is over! :'(

Awe, so many sweet words! I'm on pins and needles for the last chap too, haha. I'm having a hard time with it. Granted, I'm also having a hard time actually finding the time to sit down and write it. I really need inspiration to just smack me around a bit. Thank you for the shout! I love chatting with you in all forms of social media and I'm always here anytime you need a push (or shove, haha). Love you muchly! :)
Guest chapter 12 . 9/19/2012
So, thoughts through this chapter:

Ais, you are absolutely, positively, and always welcome. I am really looking forward to it too. It's been a LONG few days so far this week.

Also, i laughed out loud when I saw "Special Agent Kuntsler" spelled out because I immediately saw "SAK" and he IS one-a sack of sh-t!

Haha! You made Kunt's partner "Johnson"!

Score one for the good guys.
sprite76 chapter 11 . 9/19/2012
Yes, okay, fine, you caught me. I may or may not have cried a little when Duffy was explaining Greenly's death to Q. Very nicely done. And...is it okay to want to kick a guy named Kuntsler in the nuts? Or, does he even have any?
sprite76 chapter 10 . 9/19/2012
It was good to see the reappearance of the author's favorite word (super). Always reminds me who created all of this. :)
DeDe324 chapter 12 . 9/19/2012
I'm gonna be honest. You are making me love the character of Kuntsler because you're are making him so hateful. Gah, he is such a miserable piece of man. I love villains. Anyway, brilliant chapter as always. I love protective Duffy. I also love that even when Quinn is down, she's still tough without being unrealistic or whatever. Oooo and Kunty has a protege! Love it! And I like how you revisted Gabriel from the first story. Lovely, lovely, lovely. And brilliant way to have the boys take care of Kuntsler (assuming that's the end of it... who knows what that wily guy will do?). I love what you've done with the story and I know I say it all the time but I think you are just brilliant and phenomenal and I'm one of your biggest fans!

Awe, thank you for your continued sweet lovely words! I feel the absolute same about you ten-fold! Love you muchly my dear!
sprite76 chapter 5 . 9/18/2012
I like that Q stood up to all the guys like that and asserted herself. I'm kind of the same way if someone poses a threat to someone i care about. It made her a bit easier to relate to in that regard. But I feel terrible that she might have to undergo some of the same torture she endured before, after she has healed so nicely!
sprite76 chapter 4 . 9/18/2012
LOVE the agent's name; caught that one right away. Was almost expecting a first name of "Dick" or something... I like the description of Eunice as shapely, too. That's a good word. By the way I meant to write that I also like the inclusion of Rosaleigh in the story. She adds an interesting twist.
sprite76 chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
I love the title of the chapter.