Reviews for Meretricious
Nessa chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
First fanfic? Congratulations! This was brilliant :D Well done, I think I nearly broke a rib laughing!
Nessa chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
Oh my god so funny and so awesome! Well done and keep writing awesome stories :D
NarutoRox chapter 1 . 5/9/2014
Lol, very funny, and very in-character for all. :)
221BluePoliceBox chapter 1 . 3/27/2014
lol this made me laugh :)
sevenpercent chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
Giggle- yes- I've ALWAYS wondered why Lestrade sais that in response to Sherlock's use of the word. I do actually know what the word means- and that got in the way of my thinking. if Greg didn't know- and why should he?- then your story is the perfect answer. Well done!
gabbygirl89 chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Great story! Loved it!
Inaieu chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Loved it (I always loved the original scene as well!)
Anna chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Lovely little story P:) We chatted awhile ago and i'd just like to say our conversation made me realize i was not doing okay...so as you said "out of the darkness and into the light (something to that extent) you helped me more than you realized . For the longest time i told myself i was fine but something about our conversation stuck a cord and made me think. So despite you saying i just replied to your review to a well-written story about self-harm and told a complete stranger a bit about my life...you helped me a lot.
So thank you for helping me in more ways then you thought...i was very depressed for the past 4 months and now i am slowly but surely getting out of the darkness and enjoying the light...
sincerely,
amirizar2003
JillianWatson1058 chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
This is absolutely lovey! Made my day!
High-Functioning Ginger chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
This is wonderful! I'm so glad somebody "ficed" (is that a word?) this! I always wondered why the hell he said "And a happy new year." This is a perfect explanation wrapped in a fun little fic! Loved it. :)
Haelia chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Wonderful! Thank you so much for this little piece of insight; it's great to have it expounded upon this way. I really heard John's voice throughout this entry - you captured it perfectly. Lestrade's portion was quite visual too - for some reason I was really struck by the way you described him sliding back from his desk and it played out quite realistically in my mind. Little details like that always floor me when people nail them just right, which you did, and which is so rare. Poor Lestrade! "Happy New Year"... One can hardly blame him - who else but Sherlock would use a word like 'meretricious' in common conversation? Goodness. Thank you for posting this, it's positively brilliant (in the immortal words of John Watson). Looking forward to further stories from you (hint, hint).

All the best,
H.
Pyreflies Painter chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
K,

I am absolutely thrilled that you have finally initiated on writing for this fandom. Firstly, I'll just take time to say 'welcome'.

Secondly, commendations on such a great effort! I adore the plot, especially on how it has made such significance over those little, precious moments in the series. Indeed, I have not read anything focused on this moment during 'The Great Game'– until now and I am pleased you have given the scene justice and expressed its value.

I find that you have written in John's voice wonderfully so. It is very much like him; I can sense the warmth in which he speaks of Sherlock (even when he writes of his irritation) and the telltale way of his blog entry is reminiscent of the actual books from Watson's perspective. Moreover, the fanfic flowed and there was no rush. Congratulations on such a brilliant effort!

I merely wish that you continue on writing for us, for this has been a great debut!

–Pyreflies Painter
Chrystal06 chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Great :)
Arty Diane chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
That 3 line conversation was a part of my birthday card! Nice story and happy fic writing! ;)
LastSaskatchewanSpacePirate chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Oh my goodness, this is absolutely stunning. You've managed to capture John's voice perfectly. Of all the blog entries I have read here, this is admittedly one of my favourites. Very very well done! The ending made me laugh out loud. Poor Lestrade. I really hope you're going to be writing more Sherlock fics! If this one is any indication, the others should be really impressive.

Namasté and happy writing!