Reviews for To Catch The Wind
Lizzie83hp chapter 4 . 5/1/2013
I'm very glad that I took the time to catch up on this, haha! I very nearly forgot how much I love this story - the characters, the plot and your writing are all wonderful, and I hope you can update this one soon! :)
FaeBreeze chapter 4 . 1/27/2013
Fantastic!
ReadingBlueWolf chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
I really enjoyed the way you explained how she felt out of place. I felt like that so often as a child and the way you described it, I really remembered the emotions and felt for her. Okay, Jacqueline is really interesting. I can't even imagine being in her shoes. No memory of anything but her name. Wow. I liked that you had people step up to take care of her. I have a feeling I know who's behind it, but nonetheless that's a really nice touch you put in there. And I like the fact she's staying with Melody. She might be yearning to know who she is, but I want to know just as bad! Oh my gosh! Was Amelia one of the ones in the car?! Where are you going with this story! I'm dying to know! This is really good! I can't wait to read the next chapter! Or maybe Amy is someone already in the story. Oh goodness! This plot is set up really well! Great job!
Legendary Biologist chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
I'm not familiar with the fandom but the first chapter has started out quite intriguing! And I like your writing style, especially how you paint the scene, such as the car accident - the sound of the boom and the twisted metal. Jacqueline is quite interesting because the blood checks etc couldn't prove who she is, and she's also amnesiac. Also, she was living together with Melody and got treated as if she were Melody's sister... And there's a bit of cliffhanger in the end too!

This line is kinda touching:
She yearns for something more. Something that shows her who she really is.
SkywardDiamond chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
This goes back and forth between past and present tense a lot, but you've probably heard like 20 RT'rs say that to you already, so me saying it probably isn't helpful.
As someone totally unfamiliar to canon, this story is still really interesting, and I'm left wondering what this girl's deal is. I guess sometimes there's an advantage to being fandom blind... There's more mystery us.

I certainly enjoy your writing style. It's quick and sharp and gets a person thinking. It was a bit of a 'too good to be true' moment when the girl ended up being the sister that our main character never had (that she was just musing about in the beginning) but, well, it had to happen for the plot, I'm sure.

Anyway, I particularly liked the way you described the heat in the beginning. It really made the girl's surroundings come to life. And I like the main character and the way that she's described. I can relate to being like that in some ways. Nice job!
MessengerOfDreams chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
I am one of the five people on Earth that haven't the slightest clue of what's going on in this Doctor Who show, so bear with me!

I really loved how you divided this chapter into informative parts to sort of catch us up on what's happened; it's a really successful prologue-type feel, even if not intended. It's exposition that feels natural while still being, for the most part, blatant exposition. I can't say why, but it fits.

As for what I consider the basics- characters are well developed, the dialogue is concise and clean, which also works given the story, and I'm interested in finding out more. Job well done, I'd say. Sorry it took me five hours to say this much; I've been literally running nonstop since this morning. Hope you enjoy this anyways! I know I enjoyed my part.

MoD
RedheadedMarina chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
I'm not very familiar with this fandom, but you have an intriguing start to what seems like it will be a very interesting story. Both Melody and Jacqueline come across as very real people. Melody's alienation towards others and feeling cut off from her parents rings true. Jacqueline being so brilliant and so beautiful is on the edge of disbelief, however, I have a feeling things will develop to explain exactly why this is. And, if she was the focus of a TV campaign to help "find her identity", then I can see why she would have so much positive and negative attention when she began school.

No spelling or grammar issues that I can see. Looking forward to reading more!
Miss Shad chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Review Tag:

Another intriguing Doctor Who fic from you! Like "Last of the Time Ladies," this one grabbed my attention despite my not being a Whovian. And if it's a spin off or whatever of LOTTL, all the better...

Again, your writing skill is great; however in your A/N you ask if you had any problems with your tenses, and I spotted one near the end of this chapter: "The device seems able to lock and unlock any door, which is neat but not all that useful (as well as having questionable legality), so she rarely takes it out of her bedside drawer. But sometimes, when the fire within her is burning too brightly, she takes it out and inspects it for any clues to who she really is. She never finds anything." This is all present tense, but it needs to be changed to past tense like the rest of the chapter.
The Dancing Iguana chapter 4 . 9/20/2012
I'm trying to imagine how the Doctor figured out that the sonic worked so good on carnivorous fruit, actually no, I don't want to know... Now I'm wondering if the carnivorous fruit tastes good, but that's only a byproduct of my hunger (which, according to my friends, is almost always present in my life)... They called the sonic, unlocker... Weird... Well, to be fair, it does unlock things and well, it stopped looking like a screwdriver the moment the Doctor got bored and asked himself Why a screwdriver couldn't be a little more sonic...?... That chameleon circuit is never going to be (or is it to get...?) repaired, there are more possibilities in me fixing my horrid sleeping habits (people keep telling me that sleeping a total of nine hours in three days is bad... Personally, I don't find it that harmful...)

Melodrama, melodrama everywhere!(well, in the life of the persons that actually go out of their houses...) But then again, life would get boring without a little melodrama and theatrics every now and then...

Understatement, love that word, and to be honest, sometimes I use it way too much, pity there isn't an actual word in Spanish that has the same meaning, my life would be more funny if there was... And now that I think of it, no one actually knows the meaning of 'wibbly', you just kind of use the sentence and make a meaning out of it (something I love about English, you can just go around inventing words, and things still, well sometimes, make sense, because you can use the rest of the sentence to form a meaning to a word...)

Great, now I'm getting a bad vibe from Kevin, don't know why, don't ask, it never leads to anything, you know, asking me why I get bad vibes, I know as much as you do, no wait, that's wrong, you know more, you're the author after all... And a very sneaky author at that, sometimes I can guess a lot of things from reading a chapter, but no, no, no, you're very sneaky and the hint thingy...

People, you need to learn that coincidences are never coincidences... Of course the Doctor doesn't know that the sonic can actually serve as a compass to find the TARDIS, why would he, he's to busy running around to actually think the sonic is capable of such a helpful feat.

Completely out of context, I was supposed to start school today, but weird things happen (more like the director being an arse and not making her mind about things) and I didn't started school, so I went to work (which is not as grand as you may think it is, after all, I'm working at my mothers office, so it's not that much of a real job, apparently, me doing nothing of usselness in my house gained me a job), and I decided that I prefer school than work because school is only in the morning meanwhile work is in the morning and in the afternoon (but that's a complete useless thing for you to know, problem is, that it's 2:30 am, I'm not sleepy, and I'm bored... And that leads me to my second useless fact for the day (or night, depending on your point of view) if you ever had one of those monkey plushes, (if you're thinking about the ones with the humongous limbs and tail, that you kind of put them wherever you want because it has a weird thing, which name I don't know of in English, on their feet and hands, those are the ones I'm talking about) you should know that throwing them into te air will be funny because the limbs will go all wobbly, and that's how I've spent most of nigt, well the part that wasn't spent in writting this little review)

I will said Adieu, because, well, this thing is ridiculously huge, even for my standards, keep up with the amazing/excellent writing in all of your stories (I never got to review Temporal Discontinuities, because I'm a lazy arse) and as always, sorry for any horrid grammar and/or spelling mistake...

PS: Ooh! I almost forgot to tell you how much I love top hats... (Lord, these reviews should have a word limit for the sake of every unfortunate writer that gets one of my reviews...)
Lizzie83hp chapter 3 . 9/14/2012
Ooh, I'm now sincerely regretting taking so long to finally read this - it's absolutely exquisite! The whole story so far is very intriguing, and I can't wait to see what you've got planned for upcoming chapters!

And I must say, I'm enjoying how Melody/River here isn't quite the same as River, because I feel your version of her is far better than the real one. I can't stand River on the show any longer, but I love her here!

Eagerly awaiting the rest! :)
The Dancing Iguana chapter 3 . 9/11/2012
I'm writting a review like the good reader I'm not, because you're such a good writer, and apart from writing this amazing story, you updated when I was the most bored and in the need of something new to read (something new to read concerning a new chapter of any of the stories I have in alert, because, seriously, those never update as much as I would like them to...), but, my boredom it's to blame on the fact that Mother blackmailed me into working for the last week of summer (I'm not complaining, the pay is good after all...), but work is as boring as watching a flower bloom, and even then, I think I'll be more entertained watching the flower (but that's not the point, because, lets face it, I'm never going to get to the point...)
Well, the point is (for the love of hats and everything that is cool, I'm atually talking about The Point!) that I was very happy when I saw the mail about your update in my inbox (which I, shamelessly admitting it of course, check more than Jacqueline (or Amy, depending on your view of things) checked her email (apparently, I'm in the need of a social life, but let's face that too, my social life is consist in me going to school and thinking that people is way too stupid for their own good... I'm such a hermit)...

Ohhh Doc, things never go according to plan, do they (maybe they would if he was wearing black slacks with accentuated off-white pinstripes, but thats a little joke to myself...) And talk about awkward meetings and things the Doctor is going to explain (but really not explain, because no one ever really understands what the Doc's saying, and they're just left there standing, even more confused and wishing they haven't asked in the first place) that's one of those meetings with explanations-not-really-explanations I'm looking forward to reading...

To this point, my iPod's battery is almost non-existant, so, I'm being forced to say Adieu (just because I like, and at the same time I don't, like French...) keep up with the excellent job/writting, and I leave you to ponder on life...

PS: The same as always, grammatical mistakes and/or horrors are there because my teacher is doing a rubbish job at teaching English, point all the horrors if you feel like it, I won't be... Sad about it...? (and that's what happens when I forget words, the little bastard will probably come to me after I post the review because that's how Murphy's Law works... So, lets just ignore it...)
The Dancing Iguana chapter 2 . 9/3/2012
Haido!

I'm reviewing, don't expect another one, I'm not a reviewing kind of person, I tend to ramble too much when I write and never get to the point (which, if you ask certain authors, is nonexistent), and besides, as I almost always say, I talk Spanish, not English (I consider my English rubbish)... Anyway, as I was going to say, amazing story, characterization, plot and everything, and that goes to LOTTL too, I was going to leave a review in that story, but I never got off my lazy backside to actually do it, meh... And with a nonsensical end for a almost sensical review (does that even make sense, I don't know if I expressed myself how I was supposed to) I leave you, to ponder on life... By the way, if I had more information I would start making assumptions on where is this story going, but I need more data, it's bad to start without the right amount of data, weird things happen when you don't have enough data...

I say adieu, before something else pops into my head and I start typing about it, even if it doesn't make sense or isn't related in anyway to my prior ramblings, like hats, I love hats (what did I told you, even thought it's more like what did you just read because we are not talking you're reading what I typed...)

Sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes, I'm better at Spanish as you may already know...

Keep up with the great/excellent/amazing job at writing these stories 8D

PS: I told my reviews were obnoxiously long... But you know what, meh... I don't care