Reviews for Spire
Demon Queen 0831 chapter 10 . 11/16
Maker preserve me... This was an amazing story to read. The immense and intense emotions that you stir within a single chapter is astounding. Now normally on this sight I can remember I am reading Fanfiction because most of them have a feel to them thst gives it away, but not this the characters and places were do perfectly written it felt more like a storyline from a Dragon Age 2 DLC. I could see the scenes and places come alive in my mind with no effort. The relationship between Fenris and Hawke was so beyond perfect. The times they would argue I could hear it and when certain things were said I would cringe. There is no words or anything really that can tell you just how immensely I enjoyed this! Thank you so very very very much!
Maker Keep You!
Osprey Eamon chapter 11 . 8/6
This is a wonderful story and I've really enjoyed reading it. Hawke and Fenris' relationship was so incredibly perfect from the fluffy bits to the fights. The supporting characters were brilliant too, especially Dalos, though that might have been because he was given the most time to shine.

If there's one thing that bothers me it's that we never see how Hawke gathers so much influence among the other magisters so quickly; though I suppose a lot of it might be down to Damia and her allies playing off Hawke's reputation, and that a lot of it is just reputation and notoriety which has the potential to become political capital but hasn't been.
ScribbledInHaste chapter 11 . 7/26
I know you wrote this quite a while ago now, and may not even be checking comments on it, but I just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Thank you very much!
Momo6840 chapter 11 . 5/2
AAAAHHHHH! Oh my gosh! This story is amazing! I've read many fanfictions over the past few years, and none have drawn me in so much as this one. The storyline is intruiging, filled with rich detail without being overbearing. The way you connected Hawke to the Imperium, masterful! It seems fitting everything Danarius worked for falls into the hands of not only his killer, but his former slave as well, in a twisted sense. The Relationship between Hawke and Fenris, it fits the pair, full of angst and passion, and fits them to a T. All I have to say is, well done, and thank you for writing something so awesome!
AmberJF chapter 11 . 4/15
that story was completely amazing. An all time favorite for me for sure. I felt like I just finished watching a really long, amazingly imaged and written movie. Hope, freedom, longing, home, safety, comfort, hate, fury, I mean seriously. Was their an emotion or theme you didn't manage to squeeze into this? I LOVE this story. I also CAN'T BELIEVE you got me to actually like Minrathous, and even MORE shocking I can't believe you got me fond of Danarius' mansion -even a little. I loved the emotions you swirled when they were free and I love how you almost turned Hawke abomination that she overcomed. This was an amazing journey to read through. Thank you for writing this.
AmberJF chapter 8 . 4/14
I really always loved the idea of Fenris and Varania recounciling. Or starting anew. Besides, their relationship may as well be like Hawke's and Carver's. I can see Carver and Hawke getting along with Varania well enough. Family should always stay together, or at least not hate eachothers guts to the points of death and betrayal.
AmberJF chapter 7 . 4/14
You have quite the talent for making each chapter beautiful and emotionally rich, as well as giving clear detailed images for our minds. I absolutley love this chapter. How you slowly built the background characters from fearful slaves to characters. Few people define Tevinters slaves with much personality other than completely terrified. The suspence and imagery in the situation with injured Fenris had me "on the edge of my seat" but I was touched that everyone worked together and have all truly begun to trust Hawke. I adore Palla, Ara, Marcus, Aria, Dolas and the others. You show that they DO have a heart, life and feelings. It makes me myself want to try to encase them in a shell and protect them all.
AmberJF chapter 3 . 4/13
That lightening scene really painted amazing images in my mind and I could do nothing but smile gleefully at the "calm after the storm" moment. You did good in building up the moment for her to put on her Magister Mask. The seriousness, dred and hope as they dock. Going to read more now!
AmberJF chapter 1 . 4/13
Wow, you managed to deeply hook me into the emotions I had assumed would be simple angry, hurt Fenris and indignant Hawke. No, you scooped and carved the emotions that truly makes it sting at the thought of Fenris calling her Magister. Heck, I've never felt such pain and venom in such words from ANY other Fenris story. It made Hawke/Me feel such hatred and discust. From Fenris, the last thing Id ever want to be called is Magister. Even slaver or demon have a better ring after reading that. Yet you ended this chapter on an enlightened, somewhat beautiful note that Fenris gives her his freedom. How you managed to jam and detail such feelings into 1 chapter is beyond me.
8oclocksleeper chapter 11 . 4/5
Beautiful story. This is simply one of the best I've read. Thank you for this!
8oclocksleeper chapter 1 . 4/5
I love the dynamic you created between Hawke and Fenris in this chapter. And it is refreshing to read work with this kind of plot (the AUs were getting repetitive), and it is so well-written too. I'm looking forward to reading the rest!
Guest chapter 11 . 12/25/2014
I wonder how long it took Eppie to realize she never got to ride a horse
Reilovernat1213 chapter 11 . 6/10/2014
Undoubtedly one of the best stories I have ever read. I have already said lots in my other reviews but again, what an utterly marvelous fic from start to finish. I am forever a loyal fan of yours and absolutely anything you write. It was an honor to read such a thrilling adventure filled with emotional moments, gripping scenes, and just an overall beauty. Thank you for writing this. Take care.
LostSpace chapter 6 . 6/9/2014
A lot of issues related to Fenris' time with danarius are covered in this story and yet they seem to strengthen the bond with Hawke as he works through being a "slave" for her in situations similar to, but by relationship, different than with danarius. I like how you worked through this. And while you explained in chapter 7 some of the ways in which Dalos and some of the other slaves gradually became aware of Hawke as a better magister, maybe even good, I think it would have added to the story if scenes could have actually shown some of these, and similar, events happening. I'm also unclear as to the value of having the gratitude of another magister and why another magister would find it of value enough to cause them to provide assistance. Additionally, I'm curious as to how Hawke got all of this support from some of these other magisters. It would have been a good addition to the story to include a chapter going into Hawke developing some of these relationships more fully. But, I'll circle back to the important part - this is a good story and came from an idea I would not have expected to have worked out so well.
LunaStories chapter 11 . 5/25/2014
This. This is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read. It was everything I needed and is just-if not more-than what I expected out of a prompt like this. I really really liked it. I was hoping you would write another one like this (or at least I'm hoping I can find another story as good as this) because I especially love the Slave!Fenris and Magister!Hawke meme (More than I think is healthy xD). Amazing and stunning, definitely something I will be re-reading in the future.