Reviews for Once in a Blue Moon
hpgirl4ever chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
Excellent story! D
grathialiana chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Ive fallen so deep so hard so fast with ur writing. It is so lovely. Great work.
Pyro-Neko-Isis chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Real responses to emotional issues
lo chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
This just made me smile. I really like this get together, you make me really like both characters.
Dyna chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Love it! From the heartache all the way to the explanation and beyond. Heero and Duo rule, at least in my universe they do. Thanks for the lovely Blue Moon story. I knew there was a story to be told about his rare event, and you certainly rose to the challenge. Thanks again for sharing with us. Hugs.
Maskelle chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Hi,

It has been a long time since I have been reading one of your stories and this was a perfect one to begin with. Loved it. I was a bit afraid at the beginning that Duo would end up with someone else but since it's you I don't think you ever could be so cruel. I guess this story shows the importance of takings risks and speaking out:)
Kaeru Shisho chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Quatre very nearly steals the show in this story- without saying a thing! The impact of Duo's sadness really sets in when we see Q's reaction to it: "It's this thing he does. Other people, when you tell them your world – the world you've carefully spent years constructing out of damn near nothing - has pretty much crashed and burned, will rush to offer platitudes and advice and alcohol and I told you so's and then start talking about the last time they had a bad hair day or whatever. Quatre just – listens, and waits, and it's devastating."

Duo's story is just plain heart-wrenching and heartbreaking through and through (except for this funny little reference to AU, and another of your stories where this is the situation: "It made me think that there might be a scary alternate universe out there where he was with Treize Khushrenada.")

Of all the things Duo said, what rang with me as oh, so painful was this final, simple comment: "The thing was – Heero and I kind of were dating. In a platonic, friends – only way. There were people at work who thought we were a couple. I'd never been quite sure if Heero was aware of that."

Not even aware of it...It makes me want to ring Heero's mean little neck!

And what strikes me so hard about this Duo is that he doesn't fall into platitudes (it will all turn out okay eventually.) He was totally taken by surprise and that left him completely devastated. Who could blame him?

Heero, however, does care, because if he didn't you would have to kill off a GW pilot, I swear!

Of his explanation, I liked this: "... I thought you were joking, that it was all a wind-up. I was angry because I wanted it to be real. I wanted you to ask me out, to want to be with me. I don't know." - He just doesn't know, how things went so wrong. He did, at least, figure out how to set things right. Give the poor slob credit there!

And Heero had noticed what his workmates thought about them: "...'It's been six years, Duo. We spend pretty much all our free time together; everyone at work thinks we're a couple; I think our friends do, half the time. I thought if you'd had the least interest in me, something would have happened by now.'"

The last line was just fantastic. The blue part was Heero's eyes. Yeah. Romantic mood with a setting of ocean, the movement of clouds, moon...

Yeah.

-KS
StandingOnTheRooftops chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
I would give this three thumbs up, but I only have two hands. :( Will you settle for me wiggling my toes? :)

Hahaha, I LOVED this. Of course. Very, very awesome. LOVED the misunderstanding!
color2413 chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
Fluff, and high-class fluff at that! Charmingly written and oh so entertaining. My evening is now complete.