Reviews for In the Bleak Midwinter
jacobn chapter 14 . 9/1/2013
Um. First of all - I love this idea. I actually had an idea for a blackout before, but didn't write about it. Maybe I will because yours was so well written and amazing!
Second of all - everything was amazing. From how you wrote the characters to the story line. All amazing. Kuddos! :)
Spirish16 chapter 14 . 8/8/2013
Finally! Although I must admit I'm really glad you didn't make this into a kiss and make up story. They had a lot of baggage, and I'm glad that you took the time to have them sort some of it out. Loved the scene a few chapters back where Mac admitted she might settle for second best. It seemed so believable that she didn't want to be stuck in limbo with Will forever.

I was so angry with Wade when I was watching the show and it got to this part, and I think I felt just as angry reading this. I was sad when Mac thought she was just getting what she deserved, but honestly, if I was her I'd be feeling pretty shitty about myself too.

I'm curious to see if Will will ever realize that he bruised Mac on accident, or if maybe Charlie will end up telling. I loved Mac's reaction to finding out Will had hurt her. I see the actors in my head while reading fanfiction, and Emily Mortimer is so small compared to Jeff Daniels that accidental bruising is practically unavoidable. It happens to me sometimes with my dad just because he's so much bigger than me. And honestly, if we were making the argument that Will shouldn't have bruised her, we should be making the argument that Mac shouldn't shove him up against walls or hit him with magazines. It goes both ways.

Love how you've added a caring Jim to the story too. I love the dynamic between Jim and Mac. This is such a well written story. Hope you get around to the last chapter soon!
TheAuthorx chapter 14 . 7/4/2013
Please please please please please please finish! Seriously, this is amazing!
Bigboy3264 chapter 7 . 6/19/2013
OOOOMMMMGGGGG THIS IS PERFECT!!!!!!!its actuslly the bed time for me now but seriously, how can i stop in the middle of the story!!! oh god...i have exam tomorrow...
cant wait to see what happens next! i may keep reading now!

AWESOME!!!!!!
writingalone chapter 14 . 1/21/2013
Still waiting (not patiently anymore...tap tap tap) for the final chapter! I love all of your writing and think you need to drop out of school, quit your job, and write fanfic full time.

With love and admiration,
your impatient fangurl Gina
iworkwithpens chapter 14 . 11/12/2012
Oh yeah...you put Wade in his place Will! I loved what Mac said to Wade in the show but this was pretty darn good too! Happy New Year Will and Mac!
One chapter left to go? Filled with fluff and happiness please?!
lilacmermaid33 chapter 14 . 11/12/2012
Okay, so you've convinced me that this could be wrapped up that quickly. I concede!

I LOVE seeing Will blast Wade like that ... I'm glad Mac did it on the show, but I would've loved to see something like this too. It's so sad that Mac could believe even for a minute that she deserves this. I'm so glad Will managed to set her straight and tell her everything. And of course I love the kiss.

That scene could have gone so wrong for Will, though, if Mac didn't take it the right way. I'm glad she did!
millie.zhang chapter 14 . 11/12/2012
Bravo Billy! *applause applause applause applause applause*

You wrote all of the characters really well. Wade is a typical smug and bastard...Finally he is dumped!

You can't imagine how much I love the part he got rid of him...that whole speech " It was about this guy who wants to run for congress, but with too many minors on his record from college and a pretty shabby list of cases as a litigator, he had nothing to make him noticeable to the people that mattered. A pretty rubbish resumé, you might say…" OMG! I really love this one! Perfect job Will! I admire him so much!

And his confessions to Mac and the hug...oh so sweet...*melt melt melt melt melt*

and of course i wanna shout out i love the ending kiss!woo-hoo!

Yes you are right Will should have kissed her at New Year's. Anyway I just hope Sorkin can let Will and Mac kiss at some point in Season 2!

So sorry to hear that you'd be away for a few days...we'll wait for your coming back in December:-D

Good luck with your studies:-D
Katycat1970 chapter 14 . 11/11/2012
"and it's posted a day early especially for KatyKat70, who has had a very long day" awwww - bless... thank you very much... how lucky are we?

Well - this is a lovely read before I head off to bed... :) and I knew you couldn't go through with the "maybe a sad ending and Mac might leave!"" Happy happy days...

Fantastic chapter once again matey - WADE IS FINALLY GONE! YAY, YAY, YAY! (I feel like singing 'Ding dong the witch is dead')!... and you have no idea how much I love that Will was the one to set him up... bloody brilliant writing! Macho Will - really love it!

LOVE this line - the way Will described her..."So he meets this woman. She works in media and she's beautiful, intelligent, funny, social gold dust, and yet tragically vulnerable." my first *Sigh* moment folllowed by many sigh moments for the rest of the chapter...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous chapter... Great writing as always matey - absolutely LOVED this chapter and will wait patiently for the next chapter - it's going to be a full chaper of happy fluff - has to be!

THanks again for posting... :)
x

ps- you're right at the end there about New Years Kiss - he could have given her a little peck on the cheek eh?
Late-For-Dinner chapter 14 . 11/11/2012
This was a beautiful chapter. So glad that Will helped get rid of Wade. And the ending was just the sweetest. Love this news year's resolution. :) Looking forward to the finale chapter. x
forjustaminute chapter 14 . 11/11/2012
melts...

thank you for the excellent story!
teanc09 chapter 14 . 11/11/2012
What a good way to start the New Year - a clean slate. Well done!
Amy chapter 13 . 11/11/2012
Ohhhhh nooooo still no happy, sexy end! Jesus Christ you get as all really nervous over here :) plllllllleeeease let there be a really long making-up chapter :D
millie.zhang chapter 13 . 11/11/2012
WOW this chapter is great!

I feel sorry for Mac a little...but anyway hope she can get over this...or Will can help her get over this

I love that Jim hugged her. So nice.

Good luck with your coursework matey:-)
iworkwithpens chapter 13 . 11/11/2012
Oh finally Will sees the error of his ways! Love Jim telling him off and telling Will he used to be nicer because he was with Mackenzie. Good job Jim! Ok, if you must study and get other things done I suppose we'll let you...I really hate it when real life gets in the way of fan fic!