Reviews for The Bringer on a Million Horses Rides
Marves chapter 4 . 6/7/2013

It's either the happy ending where Cloud got to see his loved ones or the one where he didn't and dammit as much as I want to believe the former, my heart tells me the latter is truer.

So much angst. Thanks for the treat!
Marves chapter 3 . 6/7/2013
The action just sucked the breath right out of me!

This is such a roller coaster of emotions I'm going through because who to root for and gosh why did things have to end this way? Sniff sniff.

I don't even know how to feel about anything.
Marves chapter 2 . 6/7/2013

I don't even know who to root for. Everything is just so sad and wrong and unfair. But I love it!

What a breath of fresh air. I can already tell I'll be rereading this again and again in the near future. Nothing like an interesting piece of fiction that's well written. The scene in the corridor with Cloud singing softly as he slew the troops sent in to stop him left me speechless for a moment till a single word finally escaped me:

Marves chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
I'm just blown away by the quality of the writing. Ya don't come across good stuff like this often. The suspense! The suspense! You've weaved it wonderfully. Dead man walking. Will Barret survive the gunfight? Wanting to deface that statue of Reeve...Reeve who had once been a friend. AVALANCHE...what has happened? I can only guess that Reeve betrayed them in a way that lead to Tifa's(?) death(?). That's what I expect to find out in the next chapters, but I hope you surprise me!

I'm not very good at "helpful" reviews so I hope you forgive me. All I can say is that this first chapter is just solid. I'm right in the midst of the ruined Edge and I'm thrilled to see there are a few more chapters to read.
OneThousandCuts chapter 4 . 9/15/2012
Interesting ending.

Tseng's point of not knowing whether or not they're in the Lifestream seems most adequate. Could anyone even be capable of knowing, at least at first? After all, if the Lifestream is constructed of the consciousness of those who have gone before,the world on the other side might not look or feel too terribly different on the other side. It may even be a sort of distorted mirror image; a sort of alternate reality.

Anyhow, this was by far intellectually meatier than what I'm accustomed to seeing...well, anywhere. Not so common to find a good story like this where there aren't discernible "good/evil" lines drawn; where one can empathize with the characters without becoming polarized.

All in all, quite an enjoyable read.
Skiestrife chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
I don't know what really happened, like you said, there is not right interpretation of what exactly happened, but I would like to think that somehow Cloud got sent back and was reunited with his loved ones, that the machine was not intended to destroy the world, but just to make whoever was in it's proximity traspass the barrier into the lifestream.
CameoAmalthea chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
I read this all in one sitting, it was quite addicting. My thoughts:

I wanted this to have a sound track. In my mind I saw it it tones of red and black, and there would be music in the background of it all to fit the mood but I can't quite describe it. This piece was very emotional.

I suppose my only question is why 40 years in the future? Then if you're going to have everyone in their 60s and 70s, why are they still there and where's the new generation of people who should be there? Although I suppose bringing in new characters would defeat the purpose, and part of the purpose was to have Cloud and Vincent fight to the death. (That was awesome, by the way).

Other thoughts, I like how you write Rufus, and the whole monologuing too soon trope worked well. Very gruesome. The image of monster Cloud reminds of something from an 80s Anime or something.

Sorry if this review isn't very good.

Out of curiosity, is the subtext Rufus/Reno?
Cynical Eye chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
This Cloud somewhat reminds me of Souta. Who are they to say he is wrong? What is the world worth when paired against absolute oblivion? A rare moment when the sides are black and white but hazy in their ends.

****, Mengde. Thank you for respecting Rufus as a character like you do. See my new profile for some brief thoughts on him (well, they are on your stories, actually, but...).

Dark Hikari Twilight chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
I enjoyed it even if it was short.
Rumah chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
I was hoping this would be much longer because of how damn good it was. But sadly it isn't. Loved it. Love you for writing it. I want to give it a big hug and squeeze it till it pops. Thank you for writing this. I loved everything about.
Raven Crimson chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
Are you kidding me? This sounds like the beginning of an EPIC story! You can't end it here! You can't! :'(

Like... for real. The premise, plot, execution were too damn good to finish here.
VulcanElf chapter 4 . 9/11/2012
I was almost going to fill this comment with obnoxious theories about what the ending meant, but then I decided not to be a total douchenozzle to everyone else who drops by to leave a message. ;)

I'll just confine myself to saying that this was tremendously entertaining, and I love that there are unanswered questions in the end. Rather like a grim throwback to the original game. Thank you for writing this, and thank you for sharing.
Cynical Eye chapter 3 . 9/9/2012
It is curious the logic that dictates Cloud using his latent Jenova abilities. While you and I have discussed the nature of Calamity before, the question begs:

Are all pieces of Jenova (cells) autonomous wholes that can work and, eventually, recreate her fully? Or does it take a threshold amount of matter to work? Is Cloud giving into Jenova or actively controlling the cells in his body? Interesting. I like what you've done.

Someone should really write down your own Lore and beliefs for you.

Not it.

Oh, right. FACE.

Skiestrife chapter 3 . 9/8/2012
Wow! It's all I can say.
anime-dark-fairy chapter 3 . 9/8/2012
hmmm very interesting. I loved the fight, it was really well written :) Looking forward to more