Reviews for Part Human
Elise chapter 36 . 9/19
This was so so brilliant. I loved everything. Your writing is great, you explain things so well, the characters are in character (that is so precious you have no idea), the plot was fantastic, I just. Loved. Everything.
I liked particularly how you handled the "Two Doctor" problem. I found it very realistic (weeell as much as this situation can be haha!), everybody's feelings were so well described, the Doctor's jealousy towards himself, Rose thinking "of course they're not the same", her "bigger on the inside" realisation (brilliant that was)... Cherry on the cake was the Rose/Nine memories. I love Nine so much, I still miss him terribly and he is vastly underrated.
Just, thanks you so much for writing this, I am, of course, going to read the sequel, so see you there!
Tarocchi chapter 7 . 8/7
This is my second time reading through this series, and with the second viewing I've really come to appreciate the details you've put into everything. We learn just enough about Kate to feel a bit sorry that she's disappeared. We learn all the details about the baby formula company so that it feels like Torchwood really could exist. You didn't HAVE to put those things in, but in doing so you've made the world that much richer and more believable.

I'm also really looking forward to meeting up with Torchwood 3 again. I had never seen Torchwood when I read this series for the first time. In fact, it was this series that motivated me to watch the first season. I was really intrigued by the characters as you wrote them. In the end, the show just wasn't my cup of tea and I didn't continue after season 1, but I liked the characters, and I'm really excited to see them appear in your story, now that I actually know more about them. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Back to this adventure!
Tallulah99 chapter 16 . 5/27
"Here in Cardiff in particular she was in her element, confident, capable, completely secure in herself. And it was breathtaking."

He us so in awe and so in love and j just can't even deal with how much I am loving this.

The plot is heating up and I can't wait to see where you go with it. All the genetic references are so well done and are making me VERY curious about what's going on, especially with Rose!

I am going to try and be a mature adult and put this down for the 'night' (it being nearly 3am here:/), but I'm diving right back in as soon as I wake up tomorrow...which, considering how late/early it is, will probably be sometime mid-afternoon.

Thanks for all the lost sleep! It's totally been worth it!
Tallulah99 chapter 15 . 5/27
And now! A wild Torchwod reference! Ianto! Owen! Gwen! Tosh! Babies!

Owen versus the Doctor is my new favorite thing

"And as intimidating as I now find you, and I find you extremely intimidating, that's nothing compared to how totally frightening Rose Tyler can be."

That's some beautiful and wonderfully in character dialogue.

I also really enjoy the pieces of Classic Who that you reference. There aren't nearly enough fics that meld the old and new together.

I'm giving myself one more chapter before I call it a night. Here's hoping it's not a cliff hanger!
Tallulah99 chapter 14 . 5/27
"He'd been in love with her almost since the first time they'd met."

My heart just went pitter-pat

I'm impressed by how you dealt with the Doctor's...um 'difficulty' when he woke up with Rose practically on top of him. You could have been dirty, but it was more poignant and amusing than anything else, and that's tricky!

"He really needed to get himself under control before he did something stupid, like roll her onto her back and snog her awake and then shag her senseless"

I gotta admit, I'd be totally on board for this.

Oh my Smaug. They're just so cute together, I can hardly stand it.

He wants her, she wants him, and neither of them are willing to admit it at the moment. This trope is SO my jam.

The scene where the Doctor is being all pleased when he realizes Rose is still attracted to him was perfect. I loved it.

I adored this bit:

"I wrote him back and told him that you weren't interested, you were now living with a devastatingly handsome man with a jealous streak and that if he valued his health he should bugger off."
Tallulah99 chapter 13 . 5/27
When Jackie Tyler decides you're family, YOU'RE FAMILY.

Oh my goodness gracious golly, they're snuggling. I could die. But I won't. Because I MUST KEEP READING.

*props eye open with toothpicks*
Tallulah99 chapter 12 . 5/27
She is so worried about him! I love it!

"It's an alien detector," he answered without looking at her. "It's supposed to detect aliens."

There's my favorite alien smartass.

I dearly love this story you are setting up, both the alien threat and the odd relations ship that the Doctor and Rose are having to wade through.

GAWD, I wish I could just stay up and keep reading! But it's after 2! And there are so many more luscious chapters to go!
Tallulah99 chapter 11 . 5/27
Fierce!Doctor is a particular favorite of mine. I love that he can go from doofy puppy to terrifying Time Lord in a blink. You nailed it in this scene. And 'sexy specs'? Too hot. Hot damn.

Ah, and he still likes to insult humans:)

Nooooo! Cliff hanger!

When my children are wondering why I'm sleeping past noon tomorrow, I'm blaming you.
Tallulah99 chapter 10 . 5/27
'So he held her gently, carefully, as if she were a precious work of art, a fragile flower. Which she was. His beautiful, fragile, precious Rose.'

I'm not crying. YOU'RE CRYING.

'he shot her a very familiar look, one that always made her feel like she had dribbled on herself.'

I can picture that look. It's very clear.

"I didn't want to put you in a position of having to spend more time with me if you didn't want to, and if you didn't want to, I didn't want you to have to tell me to my face."

Okay, *now* I'm crying.

"Of course it is ours. The Doctor and Rose Tyler in the TARDIS. As it should be. I wouldn't want it without you."

STILL CRYING.

Excellent chapter. Really need to sleep. Not going to yet.
Tallulah99 chapter 9 . 5/27
Ooooh! A wild Susan reference appears! Bravo. Love the callback to the classics!

I am so torn up with all the hurt they're all experiencing. MetaTen, Rose, even knowing how much Ten (or I guess Eleven, now:( must still be aching back in the other universe. SO MANY SADS.
Tallulah99 chapter 8 . 5/27
I am so glad she's going to keep calling him Doctor. I'm okay with the John Smith alias (the middle name was inspired and sad all at once), but I want her to eventually see him as the Doctor again. HER Doctor.

And I gotta say, Jackie's parallel between her Pete and the metaDoctor was PERFECT. I love that you drew that conparison. I hadn't even thought of it, but it's so appropriate to their situation.
Tallulah99 chapter 7 . 5/27
"You'd wait up even if he was gone three days."

She totally would, too.

I am really enjoying the slow steps they're taking. Rose is smart and cautious. She does love him, but she's taking it slow until she's convinced. That's entirely in character for her. And you've even done a wonderful job of being true to their 'voices', such as they are.

I'm really not going to get any sleep tonight.
Tallulah99 chapter 6 . 5/27
Oh Pete and the Doctor bonding! I didn't even know I needed that:)

The Doctor going to work for Torchwood is the natural choice. I approve! Right up until they get their baby Tardis up and running!
Tallulah99 chapter 5 . 5/27
Thank you so much for reminding me why I started shipping these two crazy kids in the first place. They're in a strange place, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't wait to get there:)

"allowing the scent to trigger memories he didn't want to forget."

I loved that line. Loved that he would purposefully invoke painful memories just to keep her alive in his mind. Sigh...
Tallulah99 chapter 4 . 5/27
Oooh! I see plot! Yay!

I love the idea of Rise dragging the doctor out for a spot of shopping. And I am SO GLAD you included the deleted bit about 10 giving them their own piece of the Tardis!