Reviews for The Illusion of Control
UnpredictablyRandomOne chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
Excuse me while I wipe the tears away. This was so sweet! Yea, the whole Billy almost dying put a damper on the situation but the way they were all there for him was beyond sweet.

The way Michael took it the hardest wasn't surprising but it didn't make it easier to see how much this affected him. I know Billy's the one that was dying but I think Michael suffered just the same. Not having any control, only being able to sit there and watch as Billy fought for his life could not have been easy.

All in all this was great!
Cathy chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Having no control over a situation just drives Michael crazy. He's so anal about having control, isn't he? And you write that so well.

Thanks for sharing.
penless chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
I don't know what shmoop is, but I think I must really like it because of the mad love I have for this fic. If I haven't already properly gushed over it earlier, allow me to do so now:

First. The obvious, which is sick!Billy. Gawd. Good enough on its own, but it's not just being sick...it's pneumonia! I can't explain it, I just know that it's my favorite. And you do pneumonia!Billy so freaking well. The slow onset is not only delicious, it's realistic.

Second. Michael POV! I love it! You put me right in his head every damn time. I really do believe that he shoulders the burden of responsibility for his team's well being and safety, and you really bring that to light. Job well done! I know I mentioned this before but I love the scene with he and Fay. When she answers the door and he's on the other side I could just see her rolling her eyes. Your dialogue is amazing. Just perfectly put together.

Third. You bring these characters to life. Every word is golden. Golden! I owe you such a debt of gratitude for introducing me to Chaos. Hmmm...come to think of it, my introduction to the show and the fandom was another one of your sick!Billy fics. I'm sensing a pattern. A pattern that I like tremendously.

Please, never stop being so rad.
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Dear lord, you truly do belong in psychiatric care. You penchant for harming Billy must be a form of Munchhausen!

Lovely bit of Michael angst.