Reviews for Lay It Down, For a While
Grac3 chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
Your stories are so gorgeous! I love the dynamic you write between the two of them, and the poetry of pain you put into the prose.
Alibi Nonsense chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
...Aw! Poor Loki... I love it. Especially the end part about Thor.
JTReads chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
So amazingly sweet 3
Maia2 chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
If this is you indulging yourself, I wholeheartedly approve. It's an indulgence for us readers too.
Yes, I do see the pattern, but I love how you can have these heartbreaking moments in so many different ways. In ways that never fail to touch the reader (or at least me) in some way.
Thanks for sharing.
Maia.
muddlingthrough chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
Ok sweetie, you should indulge yourself more. This is really good. I really like that Loki choose to run to his brother when he was in deep trouble , even if it was more instinct than conscious choice. I'm also impressed that Thor was aware enough to help, to resist the
no doubt insistent urging of his teammates for punitive measures, or his own likely impulse to return him to Asgard but he also didn't try to hold onto him.
Beloved Daughter chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
Really cool short story! :) Thanks for writing and sharing!
herk227 chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
Now you made my eyes all teary :'(

Thanks for sharing - this was heartachingly beautiful
1wngdngl chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
I liked Loki's perspective in this - the dizzying stream of consciousness, so you didn't quite know what was real. His morbid humor lightened up an otherwise dark tale.

Let's hope that in the end, Thor is more stubborn than Loki oo
StarTrekFanWriter chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Perfect Marvel!Loki and Marvel!Thor. Thank you.
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Loved it
wbss21 chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Freakin' beautiful man. I hope you don't hate me for doubtless cramming your inbox with my long as hell reviews, but I just can't help commenting on each piece you've written. But again, I'm just blown away.

I've told you this before, but I just love how bad-ass you write Loki. For real, the way you write him, it just makes a big old grin spread across my face. He's hilarious in some respects, with how unimpressed and dismissive he is of humans. How he regards them with so much disdain and contempt. I can't help but laugh at it. And what's also so interesting, which you develop with his characterization, is how really hard he is in the face of death, and pain, how he steels himself against it, and how on the opposite end of that spectrum, it's shows of love and care and kindness which actually unravel him and scare him. That's a really important contrast, and one you convey beautifully.

I just feel so bad for both Loki and Thor in your stories. Because Thor so genuinely and desperately wants Loki to understand that he loves him, and to accept that love, and Loki just CAN'T. He just can't believe it. And so it's this tragic back and forth struggle, of one brother trying to give love, and the other unable to receive it. And again, you explore so well the reasons for why he can't. In his fevered state, in his dreams, all Loki hears are voices telling him he's worthless, and unloved, and a useless monster, etc... Loki believes so thoroughly himself undeserving of anything but scorn, that when he is shown love, he can only believe it's a lie. And he can only believe it's the cruelest of lies, because it's something he deep down wants so much, but doesn't think he can ever have. So he looks at offers of it as some kind of torture. It's just so tragic.

The part here I absolutely loved, and wanted to cry over, was when Loki was imagining Laufey's voice whispering in his ear, telling him how worthless he was, and then taking hold of him by the throat, and Loki's real moment of panic comes when he opens his eyes and sees Thor, and he wants desperately for Thor to turn away and not see him. Your wording here was just perfect, when he thinks "he never wanted Thor to see his worth.". Because it just encompasses how little Loki actually thinks of himself, underneath all of his bravado and vicious insults towards others. He's so certain that if Thor saw him in his true form, he would absolutely hate him, and he can't handle that thought at all.

Again, your dissection of Loki's psyche is second to none.

And once more, the ending was just perfect, and brilliant. With Loki for once being rendered speechless, by way of his own actions, when Thor reminds him that it was Loki himself who came to him, who thought of him in his time of need. There's really nothing Loki could say to that, but to admit the truth. So he vanishes away, not knowing how to deal with it. The way you write Loki, you're able to do something really fantastic, where you never make him seem like a fool or an idiot, or a typical, screw up villain, even when he's wrong, or gets shown up some how, because you make the reader understand that all of Loki's mistakes really come from a place of emotional trauma and devastation. You never make him seem stupid, you just make him seem lost. And that's brilliant.

And I just loved the last line, when he thinks "because in the end, there would never be anyone else.". When he acknowledges, if only privately, that he sometimes misses Thor, and wants to be with Thor, and that he knows, well and truly, Thor is the only one he's ever, truly trusted, and felt safe with, even though he tries to lie to himself and tell himself he hates Thor. He knows deep down that, when it comes down to it, Thor will always protect him and keep him safe. So Loki's acknowledging that to himself at the end was just so beautiful and poignant and real. Another, incredible story. I don't know how you do it.
stray.alchemist chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
This is utterly amazing. I haven't read anything so powerful in months.
new moongirl chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Wibble wibble ;_;
zoe alice chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
I think the more self-indulgent you are, the more I like your fics... and I started out liking them a LOT. I don't even know how to break down what I like about this... I just exist in a state of loving it. Breaking my heart over how hard Loki is struggling. Argh.
Indigo-Night-Wisp chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
It's beautiful...

You write a very good Avengers Loki, full of hate and fear and crazy, but with hope for redemption in him still. I love him. :)