Reviews for Valley of the Shadow
anon chapter 4 . 6/21/2014
Rusty or no, this was really quite lovely! I find myself reading and occasionally re-reading your Little Women fic and always enjoying your writing. You capture the tone and style so well that it almost seems effortless! I'm really intrigued by this particular plot, and can't wait to see what path Jo and Laurie will take going forward. She seems to have gotten to a better place then from the start of the story, but I can't imagine she's ready to stop punishing herself entirely. Happy writing! :)
scifiromance chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
This is very well done so far.
Emerald Zen chapter 4 . 6/10/2014
JO AND LAURIE TOGETHER IN EUROPE! How fabulous is that?! I simply loved this chapter...Jo's changed, but you've done it so realistically that she keeps having to remind herself...lol. I do hope she and Laurie have it out...and maybe get into a couple of fights/arguments before they become BFFs again. I mean, you just do Jo/Laurie tension so well...And that this will continue with them falling in love...here's hoping.

PLEASE UPDATE SOON!
Guest chapter 4 . 6/7/2014
Oh do continue with this! It's absolutely splendid.
Allessandria chapter 4 . 6/2/2014
I had given up hope that you'd ever update this; but I'm so glad you did! You haven't lost the LMA touch. i hope you update again very soon. I am dying to read about their next interaction:-) .
Lord Mortensen chapter 2 . 5/15/2014
Please update soon! you have 1 yearwithout update this fic! I like this fic!
Guest chapter 3 . 12/23/2013
I loved that! totally marmee:) hope you update!
Guest chapter 2 . 12/23/2013
good chapter
NiftyFic chapter 3 . 10/22/2013
Loving it - keep going please!
the queen of slurking chapter 3 . 9/4/2013
I love this story. At first I missed it, because I was so keenly skimming through the archives. Then a second look showed me I'd missed this one.

Anyway. I love the concept of Jo doing penitence, and I think you've done a lovely job of her metamorphosis to demure and ladylike. It's very much a contrast to the one we know. I'm glad Marmee is picking up on it. I'd like to see Meg's reaction.

One suggestion, if I may: don't have Jo shift back to her usual self too fast. Europe will undoubtedly be wonderful - I'm keen to see how this demure Jo gets on, what with the much-coveted sights of Europe - and I'm sure she'll change somehow. Still, she is in the stages of grief and blaming herself, so please don't be too quick to have her snap out of it. As said before, the habits she's trained into herself have begun to take root, so it'd be odd for her to swing back to her usual self. Other stories I've read (and they probably number in the hundreds now) have sometimes had a character in situation A and then they snap to situation B within a few chapters; it's just too fast and feels forced.

I like how Laurie is being kind of pushed away - I've long liked the heartbreaking elements of a story - and I don't feel that you've exaggerated it. He seems quietly despairing and I like how he comes to feel unwelcome in the March house, simply because of Jo's changes.

Overall, a good plot and beautifully written. The characters feel quite close to canon, and it's a realistic plot.

I look forward to your next update.
Cathynyc chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Please update soon. I have been waiting for the next chapter. A great storyline .
James Birdsong chapter 3 . 5/25/2013
Excellent three chapters
Emerald Zen chapter 3 . 5/17/2013
I'm so thrilled that you updated and it looks like you'll continue to write stories for this fandom! I'm loving where you are taking this story - its so logical that Aunt March wants to take Jo to Europe...hopefully Jo will regain some of her spirit and drive her a bit crazy...AND oh...will Laurie and Mr. Laurence be joining them there?! I hope so, it would be awesome to see Jo and Laurie in Europe :)
yodumbledorewheresmyletter chapter 3 . 5/17/2013
I'm absolutely loving this story! Please update!
Cathy m chapter 3 . 5/17/2013
Great story line! I can't wait until the next update!