Reviews for Potter Who and the Wossname's Thingummy
Auto Cerebral Star chapter 5 . 3/17
Note #2 makes so much sense... XD
Auto Cerebral Star chapter 1 . 3/15
10 out of 10 would recommend, based on the first chapter alone. I almost never Favorite stories after one chapter, but this? This is something special. This... is absolute, unmitigated genius.
Sorry - did I say "this"? I meant "you".
RL103195 chapter 40 . 2/12
rereading the chapter, I remember it. I strive to be like your doctor! he is the best and most lovable.
RL103195 chapter 40 . 2/12
Hello! As always, I wanted to thank you for updating! I just hope that the fic is not abandoned. I appreciate its uniqueness and especially its combination of wit and humanism that is intrinsic to both Dr Who and (to a lesser degree) HP.

I also love your Harry, when he asks the same questions I would. I understand "ne crede diem", but amissum? amitar? oh, I'll just google, unlike poor Harry, who is stuck there.

Now I remember I read this chapter months before, with the well-tempered "off to jail we go's" being too unforgettable.

ForrestUUID , you are the best fanfiction authour I've read at portraying an atmosphere/feeling, and I hope that you'll update again, but even if not, thank you so much for this beautiful work!
This feels like "if Groucho Marx wrote Harry Potter fanfiction."

It's *absolutely fantastic*, I love it.
Jillian A.K chapter 17 . 1/23
My thoughts, in no particular order:

This fic was recced to me, so I started reading. I've been enjoying the doctor's reactions to things, but got impatient for Harry to get control back of his body. Not that seeing the Doctor run around isn't awesome, but it's really coming at Harry's expense. Not so much the education, but he's missing out on forming his own friendships. So I was going to jump ahead to see how long before he did get his body back, and that's when I realized the story is incomplete. Not that I'm blaming you, but I think it's rude of reccers not to warn for that sort of thing, and I should have known better than to take it for granted.

Um. I guess my only real problem with the story is what Harry is missing out on. Maybe The Potter can confess to his friends that it's two of them in the body and ask them to keep it a secret?

I'm guessing he got sucked into Harry's body while trying to remove the scar Horcrux. He succeeded (because I am ever-hopeful), but he got sucked into the psychic vacuum he left behind? And the amnesia is because a Time Lord consciousness can't fit inside a human brain. Eg: Donna. And because if he didn't have amnesia, the story would be over too quickly, lol.

I think the way you write the doctor's perspective is amazingly accurate; it reminds me of that early scene with 12 right before he questions Rory about the coma patients. OTOH, his perspective is a little exhausting. It may be my fault though, because I've been reading this story straight through without breaks. No, on second thought, that's your fault, lol.

How many chapters do you anticipate this story being? Does it only cover 1st year, or all seven? And can you add dates to the beginning of the chapters? So much happened I didn't realize that in-story, it was still September, until you wrote that missing scene. I guess I should have realized it was still pretty early when the Troll didn't happen yet.

I like seeing Hermione and Neville make friends with each other, Harry, and Ron, without the need for trauma in her case, or waiting 5 years, in his.

I also like all the academic references/quotes. How many/which are made up, and how many cribbed from real life sources? Not that I really expect you to go through them one by one.

It's now the wrong side of midnight and I'm too tired to think what else to say, so I bit you adieu.
expectopastrami chapter 40 . 12/10/2019
A wonderful way to have the Doctor at Hogwarts! it feels very true to the original work without having the obvious problem of having a mad Time Lord around- stick him inside a wizard sans autobiographical memory
CureCaligraphy chapter 11 . 11/21/2019
Since I just read on your profile that you're interested in how much your readers actually know- I've read all the Harry Potter books, seen almost all the movies and did read the atrocious play.

As for Doctor Who... let's just say I'm not exactly an expert. By which I mean I watched like 3 episodes of 11's adventures about two years ago and since I watched a bunch of Good Omens compilations, YouTube decided to recommend me more David Tennant. I got curious, watched a few Doctor compilations and now I'm here.
CureCaligraphy chapter 2 . 11/20/2019
Just- the entire inner dialogue and it's sheer Doctor-ness has me giggling the entire time. I love it. I also have watched exactly one episode of Doctor Who I can remember.
Rl109531 chapter 40 . 11/2/2019
Better than the Illuminati Trilogy while containing everything I liked about it. I love your Doctor, he reminds me of my beloveds. Thanks so much for regular updates!
helpimobsessedjk chapter 1 . 11/4/2019
OK author you are a genius and I don't know what's going on half of the time but I'm really enjoying this fic.
MorriganByrne chapter 40 . 11/3/2019
As always I am just blown away by the cleverness of your writing. I feel as though for every reference or joke I'm half-comprehending there are a thousand more flying miles over my head.
Albertasteinthe21st.genius chapter 40 . 11/2/2019
Grizzmon chapter 40 . 11/1/2019
Well, looks like the Doctor is likihg his vacation.
Grizzmon chapter 39 . 11/1/2019