Reviews for Potter Who and the Wossname's Thingummy
Windfall chapter 4 . 3/10
Goddamn it, I learnt more about Brit culture from this fanfic than from all my years of study in dust-clobbed classrooms with ditzy professors.

Love the Wodehouse references, the witty slang, and everything else. Especially the formality of referring to buggers with their Surnames alone, unless contrast due to outperforming progeny and lion expectations.
Is this going to update anymore?
nedjheret chapter 36 . 12/12/2016
This is truly a delight to read. Not only is it riveting, but it's humorous and the characters come across quite true to form. (Except Quirrel, but I can only imagine the horror of writing his lines.)

I do have to ask if you're a frustrated teacher. I keep finding myself jumping for references, so it's been educational as well as entertaining.

Nedjheret
Guest chapter 36 . 11/8/2016
I love this story! Please update soon :D
Warclam chapter 32 . 11/7/2016
I'm attempting to locate where the John Oliver line from this chapter comes from, and I can't. What's the source? And what in the world was the context?
invasionofprivacy chapter 1 . 10/16/2016
Harry, my dear dear boy, you are absolutely BRILLIANT! Stay the same love! Kisses for you, Doctor!
Shade rose chapter 36 . 10/15/2016
Fantastic! I liked this from the start, but I knew as soon as I hit the first Count Duckula reference, this was going to be one of my favorite fanfictions! I love all the little references to various and sundry things!
Though I feel a little ashamed of how few of the book title puns I've caught, for someone who reads as much as I do. Maybe one in every four. Dishonor on me, dishonor on my cow.
Anyways, love the protagonists' voices, love the writing style, and love the humor. Thank you for writing this! )
Destrark chapter 6 . 10/8/2016
... Oh God... And so the Doctor's hat mania continues!
Lioness1988 chapter 15 . 9/28/2016
Well, I don't think I've seen yclept used in written work since roughly 1997, or so, when I was studying Old English with Dr Somebodyorother. Image that. I believe some heavy editing would improve your story, if you are so inclined. I am reduced to skimming, having invested a day's worth of reading. You may note that I was first moved to leave you a review around the same time your editorial note said many other readers jumped ship. As you've drawn this out to 36 chapters now, I am still hoping the plot picks up. You've invested quite a bit in character development. It may be overwhelming other things.
Lioness1988 chapter 11 . 9/27/2016
Maddening, mostly, as I am lost regarding the Dr Who things, but due to the fluid, and somewhat absurd nature, from my perspective, I am game to read on, not least of all for the intriguing vocabulary. I do hope things settle down and something more of a plot develops soon though. So far we seem to be meandering rather aimlessly. I hope you intend to avoid hormonal entanglements. It's rather creepy when there's an older mind in a young body. Has poor Hedwig been abandoned?
Davidus Rex chapter 34 . 9/25/2016
"Amicitia E. Mannisthat is just brilliant. I can't believe it took a second read to pick up on that.
Onsheka chapter 36 . 9/24/2016
so many parts of this are utterly baffling it's fantastic! also I hadn't realised I needed that pick-me-up RE: the wonder of humanity and personhood so thank you
thomaseliot chapter 36 . 9/23/2016
This fic is my new favorite thing. You've got the Doctor's voice just right, more than enough whimsy, and clear evidence of a Master Plan. (Out of interest, is the Master in the plan?)

I fully respect your not translating the non-English quotations, but haven't been bothering to translate all of them. Hope I'm not losing too much value thereby.

I also appreciate that neither harry not his houseguest are wasting time angsting about their unconventional cognitive cohabitation being discovered. Tends to make a story drag. On the other hand, I AM looking forward to seeing what happens when somebody finally cottons on (or even begins to suspect?). Is that likely to happen? Actually, I'm half wondering whether Nicholas already suspects…the Doctor (sorry, the Tutor) doesn't do -eleven- nearly as convincingly as he thinks he does. (Perhaps somewhat ironically. It is Eleven we're dealing with, right? Chins and bow ties?)

Anywho. Thanks for writing.

tse
Talkingbirdguy chapter 13 . 9/8/2016
That is one thing that seems like a rather large plot hole in the books and movies that you showed with the award. It never really mentioned that Voldemort's name was Tom Riddle. Always "The Dark Lord" (not like there aren't tons of those throughout history) and "He Who Shall Not Be Named" and that jazz. I'm glad that he actually found out his name, albeit through roundabout ways.
Talkingbirdguy chapter 7 . 9/8/2016
"-got shot like six times," essentially summarizes the US pretty darn well and has earned a hearty chuckle from me. Really enjoying this and am pretty certain that I will continue to do so in the following chapters.