Reviews for The Heartroot
musicalgirl4474 chapter 14 . 6/27
So . . . life's starting to pick up! This is a great story! Keep up the amazing work!
musicalgirl4474 chapter 4 . 6/27
I am LOVING this story! I was waiting 'till Kendra got to be all avengeful on Kyle's behalf, and the end of the movie set that up perfectly. Also, I LOVE how you're doing the characters!
CuriousInEverySense chapter 14 . 5/31
Ah, the excitement is building! I enjoyed hearing from another character's POV in this chapter; it was good to have a view deeper into Diana - who she is, where she came from, etc. (though "that time in her life"...that intrigues me). I, personally, would still like to know more about Rob's thoughts during his time with Diana...is he really willing to fall in love with her, or is just plotting how to break the curse? He's got a lot more growing to do yet, that's for sure. Are you alluding to this by Diana's comment on Rob's guardedness?(!) Oh, I'm very much looking forward to reading the next chapter! Happy writing in the meantime!
CuriousInEverySense chapter 13 . 5/31
...Is Ben the Kendra insert for Rob's story? It wouldn't surprise me. Ben's presence has been a good way for Rob to gain some compassion for others.

Very good work on this chapter - Kyle's memory/dream for Rob and Will's "gentle" prodding for Rob to man up a bit were great reads. And Rob is doing such a good job beginning growing up, taking responsibility for himself like a man, thinking about how to woo a potential sweetheart, thinking about caring for other people in need! I'm so proud of him!

But there is yet more for him to learn...onward!
CuriousInEverySense chapter 12 . 5/31
Awuh, I love seeing how Diana and Rob's relationship is developing. Melancholy undertones in Rob's estimations aside, that is. He's a real piece of work... But vulnerability is hard to give, so I feel for his character. Do I sense trouble on his heart's horizon? He's got to grow before he can really love Diana...

You're doing very well keeping him from jumping out of his guarded comfort zone too quickly. It's gonna be a doozy of a courtship between these two, eh? I look very much forward to seeing it unfold.
CuriousInEverySense chapter 11 . 5/31
OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO HAPPY YOUR BROUGHT WILL INTO THIS STORY.

Ahem, Will is amazing. That's all I meant.

Great chapter - really interesting way to bring a measure of progression to the plot. I like the ties to the original story, what with Will, and the reflections that Rob has on things experienced and said in Beastly. You're doing a truly excellent job with this story.
CuriousInEverySense chapter 10 . 5/31
I loved this chapter - really nice way to use Rob's character to do a Christmas good deed without compromising his jerkiness and selfish orientation toward others...at least, no more than his character has grown already. And will continue to grow, should Kendra's plans for him come to good fruition!

Sorry that it's taken me so long to get back to post reviews, mkaz. I'll be catching up today - thanks for updating again yesterday! I really love this story.
Mills87 chapter 12 . 11/21/2015
Great chapter! Your writing is so elegant, I only wish my writing could be half as smooth as yours.
Mills87 chapter 11 . 11/8/2015
Love your story, hope you haven't abandoned it. You are a very gifted story teller, can't wait to read more.
guest chapter 11 . 10/5/2015
Please update. One of the best in fanfiction.
Dancer who loves Westerns chapter 11 . 9/27/2015
Wait what about Ben? He's just going to leave him?
XENBIS chapter 11 . 6/22/2015
Thank you for an update, I can't wait for next chapters of unfolding story :)
michelle.arevalo.378 chapter 11 . 6/21/2015
XENBIS chapter 10 . 6/7/2015
I even started to worry about Rob. You did it right that you made Kendra take (taking?) everything but looks from Rob. That wasn't expected from the end of movie, I just thought she would do the same thing like she did with Kyle and that would be boring. But you invented this turn of events and hooked us on your living characters with their problems.
Pity that you had stopped updating this trilling story. :(
I would agree with previous reviewers, that you have most exciting and proficient fanfic stories of Beastly. We just pleading for next chapters to be written.
Starry Owl and Inky Moon chapter 10 . 7/12/2014
Oh gosh, I can't wait to find out what happens next. Does that break the spell? Do the books come? Does he get with Diana? What happened with Ben and his daughter? Looking forward to the next chapter.