Reviews for The Heartroot
OverARainbow chapter 1 . 7/25
Please tell me there is gonna be more soon!
seeingHerbivore chapter 20 . 4/19
This is so beautiful! I hope one day you will continue and reveal the bad news since I am fearful for everyone at this point ;-) You have an amazing storytelling talent thank you for this!
chanel96ju chapter 19 . 11/6/2016
Continue! Continue!
Guest chapter 18 . 9/26/2016
Amazing last couple of chapters! Please keep the updates coming, your story is truly remarkable! I can't wait to read the next part.
chanel96ju chapter 17 . 9/21/2016
Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! I have been patient waiting for your updates and it is so worth it! This story is more than Fanfiction. It could be considered a novel! That is how brilliant and a professional writer you are. Your characters are very well thought as well as the plot. This gives us a lesson compared to Beauty and the Beast because in a way, we could relate to it since these are real-life circumstances. Brava! Looking forward to read the rest of the story. xoxox
CuriousInEverySense chapter 17 . 9/19/2016
...IS BEN HARDWOOD B. HANNON?!

That'd be even better than Ben being the Kendra insert. Oh, my goodness. Wow.

Diana's backstory makes a lot of sense for her character. I couldn't fathom why she seemed guilty until I read it, but now I do see how that would affect her with shame. (Now I am trying to figure out how Rob will be given opportunity to love Diana with selflessness... but that will come.) I am happy for her to have had time to better discover herself before meeting Rob and finding that "spark". (You're such a romantic, mkaz!)

I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE HOW EVERYTHING TURNS OUT. But first solve this mystery of who is Harwood B. Hannon, please. Thanks again for updating! I feel so spoiled with three chapters within a week!
XENBIS chapter 16 . 9/19/2016
Well, that was breathtaking chapter! Rob's feelings for his son really moved me to tears. And later, with Diana ... 3
Can't wait to read more. Thank you!
CuriousInEverySense chapter 16 . 9/18/2016
Oooooooh...leveling up in the relationship. The question now is only whether or not Rob is falling in love or just looking for comfort? And what *is* this thing in Diana's past with her ex-husband that is tripping her up so badly? And how will things work out if/when the curse if broken?

GAH! So many questions...but you're developing this story so gently and well, I'm content to wait for your next update. Thanks so much for these two chapters in two days!
CuriousInEverySense chapter 15 . 9/18/2016
UPDATES! WOO! Thank you very much, mkaz -

This chapter was quite the blend of character development and plot filler. You paced it well, and I felt really engaged by Rob's character as he worked through his grief over "losing" Kyle a bit, and beginning to realize that love is probably going to cost him more than he was planning it would. Can't budget for love, man.

By-the-by, Will is made of win upon win. I adore Will. Thank you for including Will in your story. Thank you for writing Will so superbly.
SarinaSSH chapter 11 . 9/5/2016
Is there no real book called "The Heartroot"? I wanted to read it as soon as I saw the synopsis here, but couldn't find it through google search!
You write beautifully. Thank you for giving me a good story about Kyle's father realizing the errors of his ways and... redeeming, I hope. (I have yet to finish the story).
musicalgirl4474 chapter 14 . 6/27/2016
So . . . life's starting to pick up! This is a great story! Keep up the amazing work!
musicalgirl4474 chapter 4 . 6/27/2016
I am LOVING this story! I was waiting 'till Kendra got to be all avengeful on Kyle's behalf, and the end of the movie set that up perfectly. Also, I LOVE how you're doing the characters!
CuriousInEverySense chapter 14 . 5/31/2016
Ah, the excitement is building! I enjoyed hearing from another character's POV in this chapter; it was good to have a view deeper into Diana - who she is, where she came from, etc. (though "that time in her life"...that intrigues me). I, personally, would still like to know more about Rob's thoughts during his time with Diana...is he really willing to fall in love with her, or is just plotting how to break the curse? He's got a lot more growing to do yet, that's for sure. Are you alluding to this by Diana's comment on Rob's guardedness?(!) Oh, I'm very much looking forward to reading the next chapter! Happy writing in the meantime!
CuriousInEverySense chapter 13 . 5/31/2016
...Is Ben the Kendra insert for Rob's story? It wouldn't surprise me. Ben's presence has been a good way for Rob to gain some compassion for others.

Very good work on this chapter - Kyle's memory/dream for Rob and Will's "gentle" prodding for Rob to man up a bit were great reads. And Rob is doing such a good job beginning growing up, taking responsibility for himself like a man, thinking about how to woo a potential sweetheart, thinking about caring for other people in need! I'm so proud of him!

But there is yet more for him to learn...onward!
CuriousInEverySense chapter 12 . 5/31/2016
Awuh, I love seeing how Diana and Rob's relationship is developing. Melancholy undertones in Rob's estimations aside, that is. He's a real piece of work... But vulnerability is hard to give, so I feel for his character. Do I sense trouble on his heart's horizon? He's got to grow before he can really love Diana...

You're doing very well keeping him from jumping out of his guarded comfort zone too quickly. It's gonna be a doozy of a courtship between these two, eh? I look very much forward to seeing it unfold.
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »