Reviews for If Birds Can Fly
It's Just Apple Pie chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
I always thought Betty had accepted herself, been confident of herself, before Kate anyway, and its interesting to read how you depict her. I can't wait to read the rest, very good so far
Guest chapter 2 . 1/6/2013
How very very sweet. Thank you!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Can I just say I love this fic. I'm really hoping you continue.
UnguidedLight chapter 6 . 9/18/2012
Awesome! I loved this x
Dashed chapter 5 . 9/10/2012
You deal with the aftermath of Vera’s accident really well, there’s a great shell shocked atmosphere to the writing that fits the mood perfectly. I love Vera going toe to toe with Betty, she’s a really under appreciated character. Betty reorganising the women after was great, it never says in the series but its obvious that she’s next in line after Mrs Corbett. Maybe she’ll be supervisor if Mrs Corbett keeps the baby.

Kate was very forward with her affections in this chapter. I like how you managed to capture her being ignorant of her flirtatious her actions can be perceived. I have told you how much I love your writing but it doesn't hurt to hear how wonderful your stories are again.
Dashed chapter 4 . 9/10/2012
I always read Betty’s harsh reaction to Gladys in the bathroom of the dance hall as a bit of jealousy at Kate stroking her leg. Betty’s incredulous notion that Kate would touch someone without worry about people thinking she was gay was great as well. It really shows the contrast in how Betty is so contained to avoid accusations that she overcompensates and seems stand offish instead.
Dashed chapter 3 . 9/10/2012
I could just see Betty being flustered and not knowing how to take a compliment. Kate as Judy Garland is an image that fits surprisingly well. The best thing about the way you write Betty is how often she uses double speak or over analysis her words to make sure they won’t out her. It’s a mix of sad, endearing and right on character.
Dashed chapter 2 . 9/10/2012
Betty’s mental reaction to Kate’s scars was great. Understated but packed with emotion. Betty agreeing to go with Kate was nice. I like how she’s already in denial about being attracted to her and uses the excuse of Kate being too naive to get there unharmed.
Dashed chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Kate being Betty’s shadow was cute. I love how gruff Betty is or tries to be. The bit about Betty not going near the water, I remember Kate trying not to laugh at her in the first episode and its nice hoe seamless you’ve incorporated cannon elements with your own wonderful descriptions.
VintageManniqueen chapter 3 . 9/3/2012
I'm only mid-way through the chapter, but I had to stop to say that Vera is spot-on. And it's so funny, here Betty is, having a fit because she thinks someone will sniff her out for even being *around* a girl, and Vera's natural flirtation just flows over into her banter with Betty.