Reviews for On the Benefits of Regicide
Fai's smile chapter 1 . 3/12
And better yet, it stove off immediate threat of war since they can't start it without leader. So he at leaast postpones war, kills of any chance of being recognised as new king of that frozen rock. Yeah, cause he never wanted to be king. He is clever like that. :-) I love how well he multitask. And I'm sure he would immensely amuse himself with who misinterpreted the plan and how and played with it... :)
Hieiko chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
I like this insight into Loki's motivations. It does make sense.
Convenient Alias chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Heh. The precaution is probably completely unnecessary, but I guess Loki, who has a tendency to overdo things, might just want to make sure.
ZenyZootSuit chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
LOL at "witty limmericks"! I wish. I liked this, nice job!
Alexandra Sly chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
I like it. The thought had crossed my mind, and everyone knows the best lies are those that have elements of truth to them. And again, what better way to spite Odin that forever ruining his supposed plan for Loki? Loki does what he wants, not what others want him to do.
Sweets And Charades chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Wow, this is brilliant! I never thought of it that way! And it is brilliantly written :)
cunning linguist chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
That's actually a pretty good angle, didn't think of it that way until now, but totaly my new head-canon. I also like your style, although one tiny thing I noticed; 'whom he now hated with a hate that...' despised, abhored...? Wrath, passion...?

Otherwise, Oh. My. Gods. Option 1 needs to happen! Pretty please?
MoonClaimed chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Very, very cool. And now mind canon forever. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Wow. I have to admit, this is one explanation for Loki's actions that never crossed my mind. I was thinking in terms of Loki proving himself to be Odin's son by killing Laufey. Not in terms of his rendering himself forever unacceptable to the jotun as a future king.

But I agree with you that becoming king of a frozen wasteland (ruined by war and the loss of the Casket), the monstrous ruler of monsters, is a fate Loki would do anything to avoid.

This story made me view events in the movie from a fresh perspective! Well done.
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Crazy like a fox, Prince Loki is. Plausible.