Reviews for Whilst You Were Looking
StarCatcher1858 chapter 20 . 5/19/2013
SQUEEEEEeeeeeeee

"Forget R/C, R/M all the way" is what I want to say after reading this beauty! I mean, R/C is canon and awesome and all that, but this too could've been canon as everyone is so in character. Well, ultimately the decision was Christine's...

I really love how you wrote Raoul. He's so sweet and adorable and a little bit dumb and more than a bit stubborn. He's such a darling - I have no idea why people hate him so much! He certainly doesn't deserve all that hate. Also, if anyone other than our beloved Phantom is capable of being in love forever, I think it's Raoul. I really don't think he could ever be the drunkard (I think? I never got to really watch LND) ALW portrayed him to be no matter how his wife betrayed him. Well I don't think Christine could ever cheat on anyone, too, so yeah. I also adore how Meg is Christine's sensible best friend even though we never saw a lot of Meg in the ALW versions (nor anywhere, unfortunately). You managed to keep her in character with only a few to reference from! Meg's one of my favourite characters as well and it's great to see her characterised so greatly.

So yeah, brava, brava, bravissima!
newbornphanatic chapter 20 . 11/7/2012
my imagination is the one im always obssessed with... christine/erik! by the way i cant belive its the last chapter! i always hate goodbyes! but its the end. well as my phangirls screams say GOODBYE!
LadyLuly chapter 20 . 11/7/2012
Ohhh, how sweet! Now everything is all nice and cleared up and all is well. With over 50,000 words, you've written a full novel, so congratulations on that. Perdy cool. And yay, a shout out! I've been more than happy to read and review this great little (not so little) piece. If you have any more awesome stories in need of reviews up your sleeve, you know where to find me :)
Phanatic01 chapter 20 . 11/7/2012
A great ending to a rather intriuging story, well done:)
La Plus Heureuse Reina chapter 20 . 11/7/2012
Oh my.. I was in tears before the end! It was lovely and I 'm so happy that they had such a normal and full of love marriage! For some reason, maybe because it is set after the original musical, your story kind of make me think of love never dies, because in your story everyone stayed true to their original characters and pursued what they wanted before grief distorted them! Your Raoul stayed the ever dashing vicomte, loving, caring, loyal and the story's hero and finally found a woman who would love him equally and stay happy by his side. Meg finally found the happiness she deserved and lived a life full of love and family (and stayed true to the original where she did marry a nobleman and had a full and content life). As for Christine, well for me it is obvious with whom I believe she ended up with, because had she married another man, she would join them and speak to them freely. But mainly for protecting her own family, she had to step back all these years.
Congratulations once more for your magnificent story, which is one of the loveliest I have ever read! And you truly made me a RM shipper!
newbornphanatic chapter 19 . 11/4/2012
i could so feel the love, i swear with meg in it thier romance are as sweet as candy! cant wait fo the next update
LadyLuly chapter 19 . 11/4/2012
How sweet! I love these two.

Egh, I'm sorry I haven't reviewed in such a long time. Most of my college apps were due the other day and my life was a big ball of hectic. But it's all good now. And I missed such an important chunk of the story! Bleh. I'll be better now. Promise. Meanwhile, it looks like your reviews are finally starting to pick up (no thanks to me), so that's good (even though there should still be more)...

It was really cool that you had Armand in the same proverbial boat as the Phantom. I like how you sort of pointed out that Erik wasn't the only person to ever have a disfigurement (especially back then, what with disease, the Commune, etc...) I guess Armand was just luckier (although I do think Erik had some pre-existing psychological problems combined with how much his life sucked to make him hole up beneath the opera house. I digress...) and the woman who was just like Christine in Germany was a nice rude awakening for the characters. I was actually hoping for it to be them both times. Alas. At least Christine got in touch eventually, although I have to say: if I was Meg, I would be at least a little angry at Christine for just walking out like that and then sending a letter like 'Yeah, I left; sorry. Don't look for me anymore." They were best friends after all. But I guess Meg is a more forgiving soul than I am.

Looking forward to more fluff from these two in coming chapters. Which I will review immediately after I see them in my inbox :P
Phanatic01 chapter 19 . 11/3/2012
AAAHHH it's finally happened! Aw a nice romantic chapter here, i loved it! I cannot wait to read what happens next!
La Plus Heureuse Reina chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
I love your story! First of all, it progresses so naturally as if it is real life! I am very fond of how you explore your characters and their thoughts. Meg is so delightfull and full of life and light that it is easy to see how she affects Raoul, who moves on from Christine's delicate and sometimes dark and poetic nature to a more vibrant, strong, independent and down to earth woman as your Meg is..It is she who makes him mature as a character.
Raoul is a far mor complex character than the musical, perhaps closer to the original character and yet much more complex.. He is a man of honor and values, generous and courageous. I enjoyed how he understood his feelings for Christine (that he loved her as Little Lotte even before they met again as adults and that he felt bound to protect her and her honor) musical wise and that he finally found a woman who is his match and equal..
I believe that your Christine, did escaped with Erik. But that is my belief, I do hope in the next chapters (or in a separate story) we will get to see their story (or Christine's) which occured as Whilst You Were Looking progressed!
Phanatic01 chapter 18 . 10/31/2012
Friendship? Or maybe something more? :) but knowing the course of these characters, nothing really smoothly for them - but I hope everything does work out for them!

This is my favourite Meg and Raoul fanfic! Update soon please!
newbornphanatic chapter 16 . 10/24/2012
finnaly they kissed! but meg is right, raoul needs to love her completely if he wants to steal her heart, so addicted to this meg/raoul story! anyway please update soon
Phanatic01 chapter 16 . 10/24/2012
Looks like someone is going to have their heart broken!:( Raoul's trying to move on but Christine will always be in his mind...no matter what. Poor Meg, what must she be thinking?!

I loved the part about there being so many sitautions parralel to Christine's! Haha, love it! Update soon!
newbornphanatic chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
oh you better keep that promise raoul! ayway i kinda have litle hope that christine is there but whatever please update soon!
Phanatic01 chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
Ooh so Christine might be in Germany? Nice chapter and I do like your writing style:) Oh Raoul, oh obsessive Raoul...what would you not do for her? Update soon!:)
LadyLuly chapter 12 . 10/14/2012
Hey there, it's me. I'm just too lazy to log into my account. This chapter was SO adorable. I never get like this for romance pieces :3... I wish I had time to read the next one today. Alas, some other time (soon).