Reviews for A Study in Whinging
Yiko Zipper chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
*applause*
Thaddeus MacChuzzlewit chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Just lovely! This should be a required read for purposes of entertainment and enlightenment!
Ersatz Einstein chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Normally, I'm not into humor. This, however, is hysterical, if only because it mocks my favorite genre, and is absolutely true. Please, give us more of this!
Once A Writer Always A Writer chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
thank you! this inspired my first work 'a study in the exploited'
Second daughter of Eve chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
I'm gonna die laughing... and probably get kicked out the library too.
But I regret nothing.
BritChick101 chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Haha! This has to be one of, if not THE funniest pieces of fanfiction I've ever seen! Very well done :)

Brit x
V Tsuion chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
This was beautiful! I usually ship Holmes and Watson, but at times it does get ridiculous. Very well written and hilarious! One slight comment, it isn't just fanfics that injure Watson to show how much Holmes cares for him, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle did exactly that in the Three Garridebs (invoking my favorite line in the series, "Had you killed him, you would not have left this room alive!" but I digress), also, in the original, Watson describes Holmes's eyes a lot. Then again, I might have my slash goggles on too tight when reading the series...
All the same, I loved the fic! This take on Ms. Hudson is definitely new to me, though it could fit (not like I'll be changing ship anytime soon)...
Magus1108 chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Haha. This is hilarious. XD
cim902 chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Oh, this is fantastic! And you do know that Manly Wade Wellman hooked up Holmes and Hudson in Sherlock Holmes' War of the Worlds?
Guest chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Oh dear, this is wonderful. And wonderfully meta. The comment about the fourth wall being missing and that Holmes is a man of private habits was simply gorgeous. The references to slash were also very well done. I especially liked the line: "They want us to bare our souls to each other, preferably in the manner of Oscar Wilde."

I would only suggest that you find another way to introduce the reader into the text. Using both the past tense and "you" in reference to the reader is somewhat jarring since the reader, when reading it, is in the present. I have often seen such fourth wall things done in the present tense for just this reason, but your piece works so well in the past tense that I'd hesitate to change the entire piece. It's a issue, and one I'm not sure I can give solid advice on how to correct.

Loved it! Keep writing!
Pips Inkwell chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Hilarious! I can just imagine Holmes having a grumble about this kind of thing! If he finds Watsons stories rather trying then goodness knows what he would think of some or our efforts! It was a great idea for a one-shot, and I loved the ending! Thanks for posting :)
Guest chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
As Laurel said to Hardy: That's another fine mess you've gotten me into.