Reviews for A Very Small Degree of Hope
I love it! :)
roon0 chapter 1 . 2/3
What a charming one shot. I enjoyed every word of it.
jensteed chapter 1 . 1/3
Awww this was lovely! Poor Severus, he's such an idiot sometimes haha. This was such a sweet, sad story seeing him hopeless and in love for years when it was right there waiting for him. I really liked that it was in one long piece, not brokeN up into small chapters.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
Onw
Perry Downing chapter 1 . 10/15/2014
I wish this had multiple chapters so I could leave more than one review! Just splendid!
DepthsOfMySubconsciousness chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
Oh, my heart! That was lovely & hilarious & heart-wrenching & sweet.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
Very nice
Fallyn Irlandes chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
Very good; the characters are very well written. Severus isn't just a squishy furrball but he /is/ as awkward as he really would be. Hermione is still young but confident and brilliant. This whole thing is just so full of hope it lifts off the page like sparks. Beautiful.
Libraryland chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
I've just found your fiction and am having a wonderful time wandering around in it. I'm choosy- I can't abide a poorly written story done just for the sake of making characters dance to a different tune. But done well...ah! I've added you to my favorites.

This was great fun- a well-written and charming re-imagining of this story. True to character (s) and voices, always a requirement for me in fanfiction-otherwise, it's just lazy writing. Throughout the books and the movies, my appreciation for Severus was slow to grow, picking up steam as the stories expanded his emotional history and character development. Your Hermione is dead right- no matter what the students at Hogwarts do to him, and how nasty he sometimes seems in response, there is a different way to see his actions-deeply heroic. Snape never relents in his most fundamental duty to protect them all- not just Harry- right up to killing Dumbledore to protect Draco. Kudos to J.K Rowling for imagining this unlikely hero and to the marvelous Alan Rickman for a heart-breaking, nuanced performance of a man so well hidden in his character that his emotional "tells" are unseen- except to those who know his true heart. Seems a bit familiar actually- another dark, tormented and deeply emotional (anti) hero you've written about comes to mind...

This was a heart-warming version of "what might have been" and nice to experience a happier story for a wonderful character. Thank you!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
lovely
RhodaBush chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
wow
Trelweny Rosephoenixwolf chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
Wonderful job with the Severus introspection. His imagery on hope and fears to bring life to either fulfill or extinguish that hope were very feeling.

Thanks so much for writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/18/2013
Nice, sentimental story
bournespeed chapter 1 . 11/15/2013
I loved this, a beautifully told tale of hope. Thanks for sharing, one for the favourites file.
coraluna chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
am i sappy romantic for literally crying and smiling and laughing (but mostly crying) throughout this entire story or can i be considered normal

because that was so perfect (that i cried every fucking second that i read it)