Reviews for Boxes and Strings
Analelle chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
Wow. I love this one. The idea of their methods of thinking is so interesting. The two of them are such intellectual individuals and I can see how their respective thinking methods fit them. :)
kopycat101 chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
This was perfect! I think it fits them both to a T. :)
Delicate Desires chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
I follow your tumblr and saw a post that led to your story. It's a really cute fic! (: I enjoyed reading it. :D
Mexicano27 chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
This was very nice. ShikaSaku is one of the best pairings in the series, and you write for it incredibly well.
superhappy chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
I liked the idea for this fiction. Honestly, for some reason, my brain popped into the various theories of the universe in physics, and I ended up relating the ways of thought back to that.

If this is your first Naruto fiction, then good job! You managed to keep Shikamaru and Sakura in character, while also making it unique from all the other fictions out there. It's in present tense which is really hard to pull off but you made it work.

In other words, I thoroughly enjoyed this! Good job! I hope to see more great work from you!

Drossel Keinz
Toreh chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
You should definitely continue this! The whole string concept was so...Shikamaru. I could honestly see him saying that. This was really nice :) It's something I could see in the canon world. Nicely done!
cherryjubilee chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
ever since enodia wrote her amazing shikasaku i have been hooked on this pairing. I think your concept of box and string was cute and well written and hope to read more...
MOSHIxMOSHI chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Oh wow, this is very good. I found this fic on accident (I never read ShikaSaku before I think) but I'm glad I did. This is well written and very in character. Shikamaru sounds as smart as he does in Naruto, you also didn't overuse the "troublesome" or "it's a drag" like many authors. I think Sakura and Shikamaru's ways of thinking are extremely interesting and made me a bit envious. XD
When I was younger I used to think about the same thing, how my thoughts work. I always saw my thoughts as a color coded schedule with blocks labeled as subjects, the biggest blocks being what I think the most about or what is most important to me and the smaller blocks were what I thought less about/least important. I think when solving problems, like translating for instance, my past experiences are the first thing in my mind.

Example: In a checkout line a few weeks ago one of my items fell and I tried to quickly reach for it. I live in Japan so the cashier said, "Daijoubu?"

After my mind confirmed the language was Japanese I immediately recalled an earlier event when two Japanese women were talking before me and one said "I'm fine, I'm fine," in Japanese. I remembered my knowledge on all sounds used in the Japanese language and how they are written in romaji and looked the Japanese up later at home. The article explained the meaning and also mentioned "daijoubu means 'are you okay'". After I remembered all of that in about two seconds I responded accordingly with a simple "yes" and paid for my things.

I've never really thought of boxes or strings before though. Maybe I can convert my thinking to something cool like that?

Anyway, the fic was great so please continue writing. Like Shikamaru, I'm lazy so I didn't log in with my FFN account but MOSHIxMOSHI is my official username if you look at the members list. Ciao!

MxM