Reviews for One Summer
mistrali chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
This is such a beautiful, bittersweet oneshot.
venusmelody chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Lol. I did a double-take when I saw the notification for this, because i remember this being on your profile for so long. You actually wrote it :)

Aww, this is so cute. I had a laugh because this is such opposites attract material, but you managed to find more tangible connections, when Comas showed her around the gardens, when he mentioned Emelan, when Jory reflects that her twin is like Comas, if nowhere as bad...

And I see you've mastered the art of feeling like this is just a brief snapshot of their lives, significant but ultimately ending, yourself, which i find perfect for Comas/Jory.

(Also, you didn't add any crazy angst, so congrats on that.)
Annie chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Beautiful. It was a bit of a struggle to remember who these characters were (it's been AGES since I've read any of the CoM books!), but that definitely did not stop me from enjoying this piece. Each sentence flowed and connected with the next, scenes were set perfectly, and I loved the way you wrote the contrasts between Jory and Comas. Your writing never disappoints - thanks again for sharing!
Queen of Tortall chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
This was beautifully written. I never really thought much of Jory or Comas before reading this (actually, I had to struggle to remember who they were), but you spun them into two living, breathing, multidimensional characters. The imagery was very nice, and the whole piece was so sweet. Good job! I really enjoyed reading it.
May Eve chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
I love that I can actually imagine this happening just like this in canon. You are ridiculously talented, m'dear.
LAHH chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Excellent writing. I thought it was a novel idea
Ayleim chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Oh boy, I don't even know how to really express how I feel after reading this. It's so well-written, but a bittersweet feeling that somehow still leaves me smiling. Hmmm. Sounds like I'm talking about food. :P

Seriously though, I love the characterisation you've done with both characters - making me care for both Jory and Comas within such a short story is amazing. I know I did not feel anything of the sort for them in the books, so it's all your fantastic writing.