Reviews for New Friends, New Foes, New Problems
Chandrakanta chapter 1 . 4/16
Sorry for leaving the same review on each story, but I couldn't stop myself from reading the entire series (through #9), so I'm just leaving you a "series" review rather than one for each chapter...

I love your AU spin on S3. It's very unique and well thought out. I also love how you handle Xander's character. He was always my least favorite of Buffy's "friends" due to his poor behavior and double-standards, and he never really got called out on it (only very briefly in S7 when he was trying to stop Buffy from killing Anya).

I know it's been 9 years since you last updated story 10, but I hope you find the inspiration to come back and finish it someday, along with the rest of the season. :)
DeepBlueJoy chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
Love what you did for Faith. Sad about Giles and Joyce, but I do understand that sentiment... maybe one day he'll tell her that he was willing to go out and die in Buffy's place the night she fought the master... Guess I'll find out if you go there as I read on.

Blue
wizmage chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
I like the story and look forward to the next update.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 1 . 5/13/2009
Hoo boy...

Things just keep on getting interesting, don’t they?

Xander’s becoming increasingly isolated from the ‘main’ gang for being a moron- which he strongly deserves; Angel STOPPED Buffy from attacking Xander and the guy STILL acts like Angel’s as bad as Angelus?-, the gang are adapting to the changes caused by Buffy’s new ‘blood junkie’ status, and, most significantly of all...

Faith’s on the scene.

You’re definitely to be admired for the depth of thought you put into your take on Faith, really; she might still be the same as she was in the show, but with Buffy’s greater personal insight thanks to her time in Hell she’s thus able to better appreciate that Faith needs someone to talk to, encouraging her to open up to others about her past, while also giving Joyce another chance to be a better mother to a Slayer.

And as for Faith’s thoughts during the final confrontation with Kakistos, as she reflects on how Buffy and Angel don’t ACT like vampires even if they LOOK like vampires...

Demonstrates a significant depth of insight into her character, really; congratulations.

Plus, on a more minor note, I absolutely LOVED the banter you’ve established between Buffy and Faith; I particularly enjoyed the line “Faith, I got back from hell two weeks ago, so please forgive me for not being too enthusiastic about the 'gig' that got me there”, although you definitely have quite a few gems here besides that one (Even WITH Buffy having given up her old combat style of insulting her opponents while simultaneously kicking their asses).

Still REALLY uncertain about the last scene with Giles and Joyce, of course- if Giles DIDN’T send Buffy out in that kind of situation she’d probably STILL end up dead, it’s just that a whole lot of innocent people would die at the same time-, but it’s still possible to at least partly get where Joyce is coming from even if I don’t entirely agree with it (If she saw how OTHER Watchers would have treated Buffy she might be more inclined to think less harshly of Giles).
Lalaith Quetzalli chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
Jesus...or should I say Xander?

Is he gona be the 'bad-good-guy' now instead of Faith? Because it looks like Faith is doing much better than she originally does in the series (at least until after she's been half-dead, in coma and through prison, but anyway...I like what you're doing with Faith and I just hope you won't turn her back into psycho-slayer later on.

Now, let's go on to the next fic!
ReindeerEmu chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
What a great intro for Faith. My only regret was that there was so little Mr. Trick. Luv that guy. I can't wait to see what Xander is doing with Amy!
Divamercury chapter 1 . 10/10/2002
I love this series. Great work!

~DM
astacia chapter 1 . 9/12/2002
OH WOW! That has got to be one the best Buffy trilogy I have ever read! You are an incredible writer. Please, Please you have to make a forth part, you left it at a VERY good cliffhanger. I really hope I can read more on this story line.
Meghan6 chapter 1 . 7/17/2002
This is getting suspenseful. What's going to happen with Amy dearest...lol. I love the story, I have read all parts to it, and am telling my friends to check it out. BA fan all the way, thanks for the fabulous story...still I wish there was more to read...sigh...update very soon!
CPAnthoni chapter 1 . 7/15/2002
This story is just fantastic. I just found and read all of Excedo Inferi out so far and it just keeps getting better. I especially like the introduction of Faith in this new AU world while still remaining true in Spirit to the actual. I do think Xander needs to get past everything and Buffy needs to get past Xander somehow. I mean, even Angel understands and can even sympathize with what Xander did (which of course doesn't make it right, but still...) Anyway, kudos to the author. As you can see, I'm completely engaged in the story and can't wait to see what happens next.