Reviews for The Snare of Darkness
jtdarkman chapter 27 . 7/3
Well crap I would've actually been pretty happy with the father situation lol. This just creates an entire host of new and disturbing problems to deal with lol. Speating of deal what's the deal with nexus paying very close detail to enigma lol. He seems to find her quite interesting lol (kinda hope there something there honestly ) great read didn't even break it up read all I one sitting and enjoyed every word thanx for the ride this far
SerBlack chapter 27 . 7/3
Well that 20k words just flew by! I honestly took in your warning at the beginning, but I just kept going and going. You're right in saying it flows well. Definitely the right choice.

Enigma's backstory~ Nothing groundbreaking, but I did like that she had the maturity not to blame Cynder for not defending her family in the long run. The explanation of her behaviour is all good too. What'll be interesting now is to see it get de-constructed from here. I thought you were going to make Chinook and Enigma fight in the tournament, too. Surprised it didn't happen. :P

As for Cynder and Nexus' fight, that made a lot of sense too. I know Cynder's skilled, but her beating him might have been a little odd. His failsafe explosion is a very "Nexus" defence. What threw me completely was the healing. I read the description of her wing and thought "Surely he won't cripple both Spyro AND Cynder?" Definitely looking forward to seeing where that power originates from.

And that ending. 0_o As the great Jeremy Clarkson said, "And on that bombshell..."

Slán,

SerBlack
V chapter 27 . 7/2
Epic chapter:)
TheDarken chapter 27 . 7/2
I pretty much dance everytime I see that you have updated this story. And damn, the amount of satisfaction when I realized how much there was to read! xD

I feel sad for reading about Enigma's past, poor girl sealed all her feelings away. I would have thought that Nexus is ready to believe that Tyrannica is in the realms now, considering how much evidence he has pointing to that.

I half-expected to see dark Spyro when Nexus broke Cynder's wing, but instead Spyro became an angel healing the shattered wing! Boy was that not expected.

Great stuff, keep it coming!
Btw, didnt listen to your advice about reading it in chunks. Took like 2 hours to read through this!
supersniffman chapter 27 . 7/1
wow is the only word i can think of
John chapter 27 . 7/1
Hey, another great chapter! I've probably spent far too many hours listening in English class, but that was a very subtle reference in this chapter, (ignore me if that wasn't the case) anyway the casual daytime life scenes are awesome in my opinion, adds depth to the story. Excellent job overall. I look forward to the next chapter )

-John
Tempest of Reach chapter 27 . 7/1
DUN DUN DUN.

I admit, I'm annoyed you didn't show Enigma talking to Shade... her and Chinook were the two dragons I was most interested in honesty, I wanted to see more about our dragoness, especially after Nexus' comment about her learning a trick like that from experience. Its good to see Chinook devloping and showing he's just as talented as the others.

But after that twist... well. Pleease get the next chapter out in july...
AwesomeStarGuy95 chapter 27 . 6/30
Dang, you put the WHAM in WHAM EPISODE in this chapter. Love the tournament and the fight scenes, though Cynder's match with Nexus made me cringe. Also, nice story pacing and backstory for Enigma. I knew she has a troubled past.
HolyCross9 chapter 27 . 6/30
Okay, I'll admit that the last thing Nexus mentioned is going to leave quite a bombshell of shock in the next chapter. Almost like someone experiencing the end of Shadow of the Colossus for the first time.

Speaking of which, have you ever played that game?
maddragonpvp chapter 27 . 6/30
Excuse my french, but FUCK YEAH. MORE OF THIS, PLEASE!
SerBlack chapter 26 . 6/20
It's 1am and I can't think of anything insightful or even relevant to say, so I'll just say I'm still reading and loving every second. Keep it up, man!

Slán,

SerBlack
Tempest of Reach chapter 26 . 6/9
Whew... I was NOT expecting that at all! For Shade and Enigma to be releated was... entirely unexpected in all honestly. But it was a very much appreciated twist, that gives light to one of our darkest characters... through it DOES raise the question of what Enigma was doing up in the first place.

Still, very good chapter! Things pretty much went as I expected... I just hope the next chapter is a little sooner, as I'm hungry for more!
TheDarken chapter 26 . 6/7
Good to see our emotionless Enigma find some light in her life. This chapter may not have had the same action the previous one did, but it didn't make this any worse, of course.

Always nice to read your stuff. :P

I look forward for seeing Nexus's expression when he learns that Tyrannica is on Dragon Realms. Though, I wonder if he will even hear about this "Mystery dragoness" who is leading the wraiths, before he actually sees her. :p
John chapter 26 . 6/6
Great chapter, bit of a long wait though... Thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth on something though, (doubt it will change anything as authors should have the freedom to write about what they choose, but who knows) the Spyro love triangle and jealous Cynder subplot has been done to death and gets irritating after a while, please don't drag it out p anyway thanks for writing this series, I'd say you're the only Spyro writer who consistently writes with a sense of professionalism. Looking forward to future chapters.

-John
Dardarax chapter 26 . 6/6
Well, that news was certainly delivered at an eerily convenient time. xD It was almost storybook! ;P

All joking aside i did very much like this chapter. There was finally some downtime, where there wasn't any fighting, no real action, and just time to deal with the consequences of what happened in the previous chapters. :) I feel a few more of these would be nice, since it helps create some breathing space for all the rest of the action to come. xD Plus I really enjoyed the character interactions. ) This is especially true with the bit of Enigma and Chinook towards the end, even though no words were spoken between them. XD

Looking forward to more, and whatever action comes next. ;D Glad to finally have a bit of a breather after the non-stop action I mentioned several times previously in other reviews. XD

Let your imagination flourish