Reviews for The Snare of Darkness
John chapter 25 . 5/1
You have some amazing talent when it comes to storytelling, one thing I noticed with the fanfic's I glanced at on this site is the writers seem to have a very poor grasp on how to keep the personalities of the characters in line with how they're depicted in the game, you're very good at this however. A lot of them were so cliche'd and ridiculous to the point of being cringe worthy every second paragraph and so far your stories are the only ones which haven't made me do this :p Your stories were exactly what I was looking for when I wanted something more out of the spyro storyline . Thank you so much for writing them :) and I hope the writing doesn't become so tedious it stops you from completing the books _ Good luck at uni.

-John
(btw you use the word 'chuckle' a bit too often ;p)
Dardarax chapter 25 . 4/19
Hey, sorry for the very long wait between chapters. My best excuse is finals and exams, but even then I should have found at least some time. xD

Anyway, managed to finish now. ) It was pretty darn good, though I wasn't too surprised by the ending. XD Character development does often precede, well... stuff like this. XD

At least they seem to be learning to handle themselves against the wraiths. If a bunch of kids, a guardian, and two purples could handle an army of wraiths (or even just a swarm) I have hopes for Warfang. ) Not quite as dark as it was before. xD

I wonder what obstacle they will come across next? Hope the next chapter comes out soon, since I have more free time now! :D

Let your imagination flourish,
Dardarax
jtdarkman chapter 25 . 3/29
Flash and nexus and traveling through a spooky portal...yep sounds like the next chapter is going to b as addicting as cocaine and burgers lol
SerBlack chapter 25 . 3/28
So I'm only three weeks late with this review, but yeah. Life and stuff. xD

I feel like this would have been shot in shakycam were it on film. Everything about it felt so frantic and desperate. Once again, I have to compliment the realism of the fighting; even though they managed to disperse a much larger force, it came at a serious cost. I liked Volteer's characterization too, particularly in his leadership and fighting. I'm obviously biased towards my favourite Guardian, but it's always refreshing to see him portrayed as something other than a blabbering busybody.

The addition of Nexus' relief at the end was interesting. To me it feels like he's starting to entertain the idea that they could actually come out of this alive. He's been nothing but grim until now. Maybe their small force dealing with the wraiths makes him feel like they have a chance?

What else... I thought the tension-easing moment between Flash and Spyro nice. Not much in the way of words, but I've always seen it to be like that in real life. All it takes is someone laying their thoughts on the table, and the truth being out in the open usually patches things up.

Anywho, I've rambled for long enough. :P Eagerly awaiting the next bit of art or writing!

Slán,

SerBlack
jtdarkman chapter 24 . 3/27
Damn nexus needs to stop second guessing his self lol
I really like this story! However I want to give my opinion about a chapter a while ago. The chapter about Tyranica's "fun", assuming that moles in this fanfic have a similar life span as people, they would be around 90 to 100 at absolute oldest if they had normal technology. However, on the other hand, Tyranica is old enough to have been more dangerous and infamous than at least Cynder (maybe even Malefor given enough evidence), and after being gone for some time has been written out of history despite all that. I think Tyranica is about 3000 years old, this means that to her this likely isn't too far off from some of the things humans do. Ex: picking flowers (you're killing the plants), killing pests such as ants, rats, termites, mosquetos, etc. Also I haven't seen any powers outside the games other than light. I could name a few; life (slightly different from earth in my eyes), water, destruction/explosion (why not?), etc. Good luck with your drawing thing!
V chapter 25 . 3/12
very good. but you left me on a cliffhanger in this chapter.
coincidencless chapter 25 . 3/10
Wonderful fight sequence, had me on the edge of my seat. I especially liked how the wraiths 'smothered' Flash's orb of light. Speaking of Flash, /OH GOD BE OKAY FLASH!/.
supersniffman chapter 25 . 3/7
was kinda hoping dark spyro was gana show lol but nice ch
HolyCross9 chapter 25 . 3/6
Well, I'm glad that everyone within the group has managed to survive the Wraithes' onslaught, even though some became injured because of it.
Tempest of Reach chapter 25 . 3/6
So... Coronus is Flash? The names seemed to swap a few times there and it confused me.

Still, that was one hell of a fight... and seeing Spyro and Nexus turn the time so quickly and decisively was amazing...
maddragonpvp chapter 25 . 3/6
That was a good chapter, I enjoyed it as always! Thank you so much for updating.
SerBlack chapter 24 . 2/20
Yay, a medal! xD

I didn't think Pyruth would die; he's too much of a badass for that. The fact that he managed to keep his poor corporal alive is something I didn't expect. Bonus points for that. He really is a stickler for the rules though, isn't he? The first thing he does is try to have himself court-martialled?

Nexus knows. He's smart enough to put the crystal and the devastation to together to get the answer. This ain't Ragnor's work, just like he said. Who else does he know who's a complete sadist?

Glad to see you're still with us too, and sorry for being so late with this review! Real life can really get in the way sometimes. xD

Slán,

SerBlack
Dardarax chapter 24 . 2/19
Whew. Wow, that is pretty... intense. I can hardly believe that level of destruction could happen. Strange that only the short sword survived. I figured a few other minor items might have been visible as well. Hm, oh well.

Good to see that the guard finally made it back. I was fairly sure he would. Didn't seem like the sort of plotline that you would just cut off like that. XD At least now they will have some extra information, even if it is coming far too late.

Really good chapter, I enjoyed it a lot. xD A fair bit of fighting and action though. And I mean a lot. I suppose that at least helps keep it going, even if it sometimes drags on a bit too long. :)

Took me a bit to remember who all these characters were. It's been a while since I read your story. I may have to go over it again. xD :)

Let your imagination flourish.
Dardarax
Necron Dragon Lord of D.A chapter 24 . 2/15
For me is o.k you took all this time...Loyalty demmand patience for the creator. And when your return , it shall be deliver excellent material.

It get me Nexus comment of voltra about being sheltered, i guess the lightning dragoness is not prepared for this kind of life.

Looks like Nexus blood have gone ice with the suspicious of tyrannica release. Oh the troubles he will share another bad purple is out there...That would not help poor Spyro image on himself if 4 purple have seen are questionables aka bad.