Reviews for The Snare of Darkness
The Rogue Lion chapter 28 . 8/29
So for about the last week or so, I've been binge reading this series and I hate myself for it. Originally, I had hoped to satiate my hunger for a good TLoS story, but this series has only made it worse. To aggravate the matter further, I could not find another unread story that is of similar quality. Now that I've finally caught up, the empty feeling after finishing a good read is really sticking to me. You've also motivated me a bit more to get some writing done.
Hobbiton chapter 28 . 8/22
This is the best twist of a main character that I've ever seen since Harry Potter.
Incio Burkle Ma chapter 28 . 8/8
But Ragnor born naturally.
Haxler chapter 28 . 7/31
sooo technicaly spyro and nexus are the same age as malefor an tyrannica? :P
i caught up with you simply could not stop reading.
you are one of the best authos that i have read on this site
i a person who doesnt like ocs likes yours :P that says much
i also like your kind of romance and the way you handle relationships
cant think of anyting else but im expecting that soon nexus will say to spyro that his dark form was once called his true form by ragnor before.
SerBlack chapter 28 . 7/19
This is... a hell of a lot to wrap your head around!

That being said, it fits so well. I was wondering how you were going to explain all this backstory while making it fit somewhat into the lore. Not only does it fit, it's seamless. I love this explanation, particularly the origins of the Ancestors, the Purge and the fact that the dragons born during the surge are stronger. That last one greases a lot of the arguments over why our protagonist OC's aren't smushed immediately. This is really well done, and that's all I can say. I'd love to hear your theories on how the Chronicler came to be in all this, too.

Apart from that I wanted to compliment the other part I think went excellently here: Cynder's talk with Spyro. I don't want to call their relationship understated in this, but I just like how you maintain its existence without constant displays of affection or the like. It's a really strong silent bond that I thought was becoming frayed due to Voltra, but that came to the fore here really nicely. I'm sure that'll come later in some shape or form, but the main thing is I thought you handled that nicely. :)

The only other thing I can think to say is that it's obvious you'd been wanting to get this out for a while, even without the A/N. There's something gleeful about the way the story is told. xD Great stuff!

Slán,

SerBlack
bookofcosmos25 chapter 28 . 7/14
amazing Chapter ,all the pieces are falling into place, this chapter did have the coherent and plot-hole fee as you hope it did great job:) but what about Flash the light dragon.. i remember his brother telling him that they all need you Flash. The story that Nexus told them did not say anything about any light dragons. I can already see that the later chapter are going to be very interesting:D. Keep up the good work :)
Dardarax chapter 28 . 7/14
Huh... wow. That was a whole chapter of almost entirely exposition and yet you kept me interested the entire way through. Congrats, that's really impressive! :D

A very, very interesting twist. And while I won't say that I saw it coming, I will say that it makes perfect sense. There've been clues leading up to it the whole time, and little apparent gaps of logic that leads perfectly to this conclusion. Like, where Ragnor got the purple eggs, and how he could have had them in the Dark World. I really do like how much lore you've put into this.

Really the character reactions and development here was the best part, though, and seeing Spyro break down was quite emotional and made me very invested. ) Good job all around!

I look forward to seeing where this will lead, especially now that we, and they, know about purple dragons. D

Let your imagination flourish
Dardarax
Mr Jay Phoenix chapter 28 . 7/14
This chapter was just... Wow! Amazing! It exceeds my brain processing power to how such a magnificent writer can piece everything together. Every little detail mastered to create one of the most elaborate and satisfying story lines on the Spyro FanFic block! Everything just seemed to 'click' in place with the games soundly. It seemed like that would be a storyline for the fourth game (if ever there were to be one). You had me gasping just from the dialogue. Your words struck like lightning on paper! Brilliant! Well done :)

Just one question that has been bugging me since this segment finished though ( I apologise in advance if this has been mentioned earlier, or is a potential spoiler for future events, in which case, do not answer). One, since Ragnor is the most powerful dragon in existence, why doesn't he take control of Spyro now, or during this chapter? His emotional vulnerability would have left an open chance for him surely? Why is he waiting?

What surprises, twists, turns and events lie ahead. I among many eagerly await the next adventure!
supersniffman chapter 28 . 7/13
i dont know y but fanfic keeps loging me out that gest review that said in my opinion the best ch yet the only hole i saw was when nexus almost said ignites and when he said that must of bin y the cronicler locked the books away i figured that spyro would of bin like then y did he tell me that malafor was the first but i gess u can blame it on the shock he was in but great ch dude cant wait till next one was me sorry
Fwahm chapter 28 . 7/13
Hmm. A few thoughts.

1: Did Spyro inadvertantly heal his paw when he healed Cynder's wing? It's a logical possibility, and Spyro was able to sprint at top speed and make a number of motions with his law with no mention of any pain or disability, but one would think it'd be noticed by someone if that happened.

2: Nexus did lie once to Spyro. Last story, when they met face to face for the first time, Spyro asked who he was, and Nexus said, "Why, I'm you". I mean, Nexus was messing with him and didn't expect to be believed, but it was still a lie!

3: I wonder if Flash has realized that his brother might have been saved if Spyro had found just a few months earilier.

4: I'm guessing that the fact that Spyro had a stronger reaction to the convexity crystal than Nexus is because of Dark Spyro?
jtdarkman chapter 28 . 7/13
Sweet moments and a smooch at the end lol. Now spyro can probably heal that poison foot of his and show cynder how he REALLY feels lol naw not yet...maybe
theuone chapter 28 . 7/13
Simply amazing. I have no words other than what has already been said, with one exception; what about Flash? You know, where do the light dragons come into play, or is Flash an exception?
TheDarken chapter 28 . 7/13
What a delicious chapter! :D

I have been waiting for this bunch of information myself, for a good while and Im glad that I got to read it! Soo Ragnor is as old as so called Ancestors.. Damn. :p I didn't quite expect this explanation for Spyro's and Nexus's birth, but I guess that works too.

Oh noes, they're out of the city.. We all know that is certainly not the best place to be sleeping during wraith crisis. xD That could go real badly.

I got to ask though, honestly how long did it take to come up with all these theories? :D I mean, they're just amazing!

I don't expect such a short wait for the next chapter, but hopefully you will be able to keep your writer mojo on! :D
I believe that the back story of how thay came to be is cool and it adds a lot to the story I can't wait for more