Reviews for The Snare of Darkness
Torchie1 chapter 19 . 4/5
And now I remember the reason I didn't start reading this sooner - the story physically grips me and I cannot turn my eyes away. xD Thanks for that, now I need to do extra homework to catch up! x)

But in seriousness; for me, this story still has the vice-like gripping interest from when you had started The Broken Line and that also was a story that took my attention. Characters, plot, interaction between characters...I mean really, HOW do you even become so good!? :D

I felt that this chapter was very well done - as always. The interaction between Flash and Chinook's parents were very well done, and I felt that Flash's reactions were very realistic. The scene with Nexus and Cynder was also great, and I found getting into Nexus' head and how he thinks of things was quite showcased in this chapter - which I found very interesting.

Keep up the awesome work, DM! And now, if you excuse me, I have a story to write and homework to complete. x)
marsh166 chapter 20 . 4/3
A nice tense chapter. Kinda felt like randomly going oooooo and ahhhhhhh xD Nexus's character is being opened up even more and I'm really loving it.

Along with some good old civil unrest on the horizon. A little revolution every now and then is a healthy thing. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Seathius Bloodtalon chapter 20 . 4/2
And another amazing chapter from one of fanfiction's best authors in my opinion.

The part between Nexus and Spyro with the mental link looks like something that is going to become really important later in the story. You know AFTER Terrador's ‘News of DOOM’ is out of the way ( I'm getting the horrible feeling that they have just found Pyrus' body in the woods or something).

Nexus has, for the first time ever, gone out of his way even is VERY slightly to help someone else. I can feel the character progression ...
The Author of Life 1221 chapter 18 . 3/25
You know, I think a good picture for this chapter would be of Flash in front of the spirit gems just before his brother's spirit made an appearance. What do you think?
The Author of Life 1221 chapter 17 . 3/25
Well, crap indeed. How is Terrador going to handle this unexpected turn of events?
The Author of Life 1221 chapter 15 . 3/24
"Oh yeah? Come at me, bro." - By far one of the funniest lines in this chapter.

Anyway, that was a lot to take in for one chapter. Why do I get the feeling that we'll be seeing more scenes with Flash & Faren in them? On my final note, I just can't help but wonder what will happen when Voltra meets 'Frost' the earth dragon that looks like an ice dragon.
The Author of Life 1221 chapter 10 . 3/23
Just how did I know that Faren was the one knocking on Flash's door? How?
The Author of Life 1221 chapter 7 . 3/22
HOLY...What...She...I'm scared now.
supersniffman chapter 20 . 3/18
i think pyruth made it to warfang lol
and icant wight for the next ch i wander how many there will be and if there will be a 3rd story
The Author of Life 1221 chapter 5 . 3/17
Pretty good so far. How did you come up with this game anyway? And on an unrelated note, did you see my comment on your picture of Sirius and Faren where I said that I had given Sirius a British accent for some odd reason & I don't know why? Just saying.
nathentheprotector chapter 11 . 3/12
I have a guess but really if Spyro chooses to be good just let him.
coincidencless chapter 20 . 3/12
Oh boy. This is going to be good.

Good Guy Nexus. Can't breathe strong fire? Teaches you how.

Also, Flash is confirmed to be super-anti-wraith dragon.

Eagerly awaiting more, like always!
nathentheprotector chapter 5 . 3/12
Hmmmm. Wait a second. If Voltera works well with Spyro then to me it means something way different then Cynder's thinking. Well I'm going to wait and see if I'm right.
nathentheprotector chapter 2 . 3/11
Well thanks for writing a good story. That's the reason I'm reading this.
Negative Infraction chapter 20 . 3/11
Ah, mind-linking. Ever an interesting feature. The way you've described it reminds me quite a bit about mental probing in the Inheritance Cycle, if you will. I've always been wondering how the protagonists would handle Ragnor's obvious mental advantage, and it seems I'm not disappointed by these developments. I still kind of want to slap Flash though. Speaking of Flash, my critique on this chapter lies with his sudden importance - it seems rather off-hand and impromptu, regardless of the sound logic behind it. You'd think the delivery of something that makes Flash the most "important dragon int he city" would have had a bigger impact.

Beyond that I'm worried about the situation in the city, with possible riots in response to Nexus' presence. Looking forward to seeing how Spyro handles public relations in the future, especially with the future hanging on his every move. He's in an awfully precarious position here.

Can't wait for the next one, as usual.