Reviews for IDGAF
seshou19 chapter 12 . 11/5/2013
I absolutely love the story. The only thing that bugs me is the spelling.
Shadowed Replica chapter 19 . 1/29/2013
Wow! Loved it!
chante chapter 8 . 12/31/2012
Awesome so- far
DragonWyrd chapter 19 . 10/8/2012
A friend of ours, Matyrfae, told me about your stories and, while I usually only read fics by certain people (those people being in my circle of friends), I figured I'd give yours a look, especially since she's writing a similar story as a way to give props to your Selene/Kolyat fic.

First off - good concept, though it took a phone conversation with Matyrfae to learn the age of your Selene because I was having a hard time wrapping my head around a Shepard/Kolyat fic since cannon Shep is in her 30's so maybe find a way to bring it home a bit more how young Selene really is.

With that said - the mechanics are off (grammar, punctuation) and that, along with the many spelling errors really messes with the flow of the piece. That and the fact that you sometimes get so caught up in the physical descriptions of a character, or naming every single person in the squad participating in something (good example would be the sparring match between Kolyat & Shepard that would allow him to serve on the ship) when all you need to do is hint at it. The first chapter alone threw me for a loop because I was thrust immediately into an action scene, no clue what was going on, until I saw some mention of Thane and even then, much of the flow was so weird that I had a hard time following along. Also, if you're going to string along something about a character, carry it through. You kept mentioning that Shepard found some nasty stuff on Joram Talid but you never said what it was. That's something that either needs to be fixed so the reader knows why Shepard killed him, or reworked so that the story makes sense without it ever being mentioned at all. I also think you had Bailey a bit OOC when he said, in front of his officers, that Talid had to die. Being law enforcement, that's not something he'd admit. Yes, he'll say that you might need to "make them scream a little" but he's a bit crooked, not a murderer, and if he were to admit something like that, he'd do it where only Shepard could hear. Those are just a couple of things that need some help.

One last thing that honestly really bugged me is your constant requests that seemed to become almost demands for people to review your work. (The previous chapter where you stated you wanted 100 reviews before it all went up really rubbed me wrong.) I get that you want constructive feedback, or people to tell you how wonderful the story is, but constantly asking for it is not the way to go. I'm a writer myself (have also been a newspaper editor for a local university) but, while I've had moments of wondering what people think, I don't push for reviews. It makes a person look as if all they're wanting is a number count, as if it's a popularity contest, or it makes them look needy.

Like I said, minus the issues, it's a very good concept. It just needs a lot of editing so that the flow becomes better and people don't have to pick over misspelled words to try and figure out what's been said. Or, in my case, I'm such a stickler for grammar, punctuation, and spelling that sometimes I can't overlook those and they ruin the story for me to the point I only get a couple of chapters in. Luckily I was told the story was worth a full read and so I pushed past it and found out that it was. Then again, for a first story, you did pretty well. You weren't switching tenses constantly as I had when I got back into writing fiction. Looking forward to seeing what you can do once the problems are fixed.
Spyke1985 chapter 4 . 10/2/2012
Not done reading, but I have to comment.
Two things:
1. I'm really liking this story, despite it being a Kolyat/shep romance, which I don't normally care for. The story and emotions, as well as dialogue, are interesting and keeping me entertained, which is the ONLY reason I've put up with:

2. The spelling and incorrect word usage is bad. I mean BAD. It's like you didn't read over the chapter before publishing it. If this is the case, then I understand it. Or if you're not a native English speaker, I can understand that too. Otherwise, why? I mean, honestly, is it so hard to re-read what you've written so we don't have to go through the injustice of picking through your words to try to understand what it was you actually meant to say?

I am really liking your story, but those errors desperately need fixing. Most people that like to read, also like to read without having to figure out what the author meant to say because of all the errors. Fix them, and I'll bet you get a lot more positive comments about this piece, as it is a very original and good read.

I hate having to give reviews like this, as I really prefer giving mostly positive critiques, but the sheer number of errors would have put me off this story entirely if it weren't for the great content. Please fix it. Your readers will thank you.

If you need a beta, I'd be happy to fill the role. Your stuff is good, it just needs some help here and there.

love
Dame LeeLee chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Oh Thank Jesus I thought this story had been wiped of the internet lol. waiting for more :)
weekaa1313 chapter 19 . 9/8/2012
thrill...excitement...the heat...hilarious conversation...keep it up, yes? Pleaseee give us some more... ThankyouThankyouThankyou!
Con-Artist643 chapter 19 . 9/6/2012
ok not going to lie when i read the summary and saw it was a Shepard X Kolyat story i was like "WTF?" but i figured i'd give it a shot and i gotta say it is a damn good read. Descriptive, well thought out, entertaining, and proper use of grammar and spelling. I loved this story and no doubt will move on to read the sequel. Thank you for uploading it. I look forward to reading more of your work.
I-lov3-drells chapter 19 . 9/6/2012
I was hoping for the wedding. But still loved. Hope u write more theres nt alot of stories dealing with kolyat and shep
Mordinette chapter 13 . 9/5/2012
Great story and this chapter was incredibly hot! You know, I've never thought of Kolyat as a LI for femShep (I'm a Thane/Garrus fan...), but you've changed my mind!
Scorpio-666 chapter 13 . 9/4/2012
this is amazing, i can't get enough of this:D
please say there will be more soon
PoisonedChuugoku chapter 13 . 9/3/2012
weekaa1313 chapter 8 . 9/3/2012
hhuuuuurrrrrrahhh...yiippppyyy...super glad, finally you re-posted this! Lots & lots of arigato, i really do hope you could update/continue this awesome shepard(f) and kolyat story a.s.a.p... The reviewers're so true about this ff of yours.
#Ohh also, thx for the info_. Come'on guys, give your review!
PoisonedChuugoku chapter 8 . 9/2/2012
PoisonedChuugoku chapter 5 . 9/1/2012
XD Awesome. :) Update soon, yeah?