Reviews for A Mirror of Dark Glass
WarriorKing849 chapter 1 . 10/16/2014
This is awesome! Beautifully told and excellently written. Well done!
JenEvan chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
This is one of the rare ones that moved me to tears. The touching back story of one of my few fave villains from this childhood favorite. The development of the relationship between Ecliptor and Karone/Astronema is very well-written, showing the little things that brought a lost girl and a monster together as father and daughter. And the Book Wyrm is such an interesting grandfather when he shows up :) The last scene is a fitting, bittersweet ending, being a canon scene, and also for the last thought in Ecliptor's mind. THanks for the nice story :)
writingonandon chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
I remember liking Ecliptor when I was younger. Now, I really, really really like him. Thanks for a good fic, you fleshed out Ecliptor beautifully... and I LOVED the Book Wyrm.
Grand Moff Maraxus chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Brilliant. Ecliptor was my fav character in the series. Him and Astronema were a perfect team. Really tragic what happened though
Psychoblue chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
I stumbled upon this purely by chance while seeing if there were any good Ecliptor stories out there...and I do believe I have found a story here that far surpasses good. This is a shining example of how fanfiction can be a truly wonderful thing that offers new perspectives on a fandom that can change the way people think about it in a good way.

What you have written here is what The Dark Knight Returns was to Batman. It was a familiar character, not so much re-imagined or even put in a new environment, but told in such a way that it can be easily accepted as the way the character should be portrayed without changing anything about him. I can easily see all of this happening in the Power Ranger universe and that takes great talent and skill.

Seeing this has reminded me why I am still a major Power Rangers fan after all of this time, and I am sad that it has taken me so long to find this story. Thank you very much for making my evening.
Ninmast chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
This is incredible work! I remember reading this four or five years ago and to this day, it's an example in my mind of what good fanfiction should be, besides giving us a wonderful view inside the world of one of the most three-dimensional (no pun intended) villains the Power Rangers universe has ever seen. It was your work that led to the major shaping forces for my own original right-hand villain, Morphaeus, in Dragon Rangers.
Eun-Jung chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
Wow, this was one intense story.

I really enjoyed reading your take on Astronema and Ecliptor's relationship with each other. Well, a few times in the TV shows, Ecliptor states that Astronema is like a daughter to him; but there's never any expansion on that statement to prove the authenticity of that. Your story explores this murky area very well and gives some concrete support to the feelings I think the show tried to convey.

Even though I hate his character, Darkonda is an important part of this entire story dealing with Astronema. So how you made him a slimy bastard through and through: Grade A approval. I really enjoyed how you explained Ecliptor and Darkonda's history with each other. You did a great job with the bitterness and hate, so it all seemed in character.

Your Book Wyrm character was interesting. And it was great how he actually had depth and was a well-developed CHARACTER. Your depictions of him, however, somehow made me think of Muppets/Labyrinth worm... I don't know why. Maybe because of all of the dust and maze-like library; maybe because I had recently seen a Jim Henson creation. But that's besides the point-it's good to see that Ecliptor wasn't born with all of his wisdom and knowledge and that he actually had to be taught something too.

This was very well written. I enjoyed it very much and thank you.
Rai Science chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
this was a great story! i really love the way you wrote the characters! hmm. maybe could you continue it? from astronama's POV about when Ecliptor was reprogrammed by Darkonda and Dark Spector? send me a reply please!
cmar chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
A really lovely treatment of the story of Ecliptor and Astronema. One of the things I like about PR is their multi-layered villians, and Ecliptor is one of the best and most interesting. You did a great job of showing his gradual evolution, becoming something more than he had been created, with a nice filling-in of background for Astronema too. Very moving.
Jessica01 chapter 1 . 2/28/2006
It's hard to believe that Astronema wasn't always the dark princess we saw on the show, but then again, sometimes I write of their pasts, that I make up.
Gmork chapter 1 . 2/24/2006
This is wonderful. This story has touched me. My one gripe is that you didn't include Ecliptor's Appearences. He should have some interesting thoughts then!
Yami Vizzini chapter 1 . 9/27/2005
Again, an awesome effort; a look into the development of the conflicted Queen of Evil... and heck, I don't remember much about her or that season, but I do remember that I thought Ecliptor rocked, and that has not changed a bit!
Hagar chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
I might have wept for him, bu he died happy... Ecliptor is one of my favorite characters ever.

One hell of a story, miracously developed. A little moral, a litle love, a little miracle and a little sadness... Truely a perfect story to my taste.
JamieB chapter 1 . 2/27/2002
this is great! the best story concerning Ecliptor and Astronama i've ever read. EXCELLENT character development
Cynthia2 chapter 1 . 2/19/2002
It's been a long time since I read this, and I just finished re-reading it. A VERY good piece of work, and one of the best, if not THE BEST, tellings of Astronema's life I've ever heard...even if it does focus on Ecliptor. He shouldn't have died...