Reviews for Droxy's Folly
laserdemon chapter 9 . 2/4
If your lips are moving, then your lying, lying, lying babe.
vickety chapter 14 . 12/30/2016
This was great! I will now look for the sequel. If you wonderful author's have not written it yet, please do so-these two deserve their victory. Also, you could add the Weasleys and Lupins in for fun!

Seriously, this was really good. Thanks!
Stardamage chapter 14 . 10/5/2016
I'm currently rereading all my favourite fics on this archive, and this is one of them! I can't remember if I left a review before.
Just brilliant, I love everything about this. And it had a folly as a "character"! I've always been fascinated by them, even as a child- there was one near where my parents lived.

The story was absolutely brilliant, i just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this.
cloudshape to ennien chapter 10 . 7/4/2016
"Was she actually listening to her hopeful, foolish heart as it entreated her to give him another chance?"

It's not him, that needs another chance. It is her. She fucked up by her lack of trust in him - again and again. By now I am really, really angry at her for her hypocrisy in still pretending that their fall out was his fault.

But at the same time I love this story more and more. And I wonder what Pansy's part in all of it is. Why did she get Hermione out of that difficult situation? Is she also secretly working against the Death Eaters?

And what abaout Draco and Blaise? We haven't seen much of them in a while
cloudshape to ennien chapter 9 . 7/4/2016
"She could ask him about Everard without compromising the task Dumbledore and Mcgonagall had given her"

There. She is doing it again - or at least planing to. Using him without trusting him - like every other person in his life has always done.

I start to feel less and less sorry for Hermione and more and more angry at her.
cloudshape to ennien chapter 8 . 7/4/2016
How heartbreaking. This story is getting better and better and I love it. Poor Ron. Not that I ever liked him much - but I certainly didn't dislike him either. He didn't deserve what he got. But then, none of them did.

And poor Snape, taking the blame again for leaving Hermione, when it was just as much - if not more - her fault for not trusting him, when all he NEEDED was someone in the world to trust him. He also needed to be loved and wanted, which she did. But more than that, he needed someone to trust him. And she refused to do so, despite all the evidence showing her that he really was on their side. I can not understand why she was so pig-headed about it.

Anyway - on with the story, it is just wonderful.
cloudshape to ennien chapter 3 . 7/3/2016
Years after it has been published I have finally stumbled across this story - and I am thrilled. It is very good and I have been reading without pause so far. At the moment I am very much looking forward to the first meeting between Hermione and Snape
SnapeBrailleforThankYou chapter 14 . 4/23/2016
Oh my god, I *LOVED* this! Totally satisfying, absolutely perfect. I've fallen in love with Teddy's writing, and just knew a collaboration between her and her Beloved Beta would be incredible. IT WAS. Thank you so much for sharing what you two created together. I didn't want it to end! *holds out empty bowl* More, please! ️
sevslave1 chapter 14 . 4/17/2016
this story is absolutely brilliant! Will there ever be a sequel? I would love to find out how all the pieces work together to destroy the dark lord. and would love to find out where Severus and Hermione go to regroup.
muumi2three chapter 14 . 10/17/2015
I agree, it was pretty cool that you managed to write a literal folly into the story. Thanks for sharing with everyone!
MyLovelyHorse chapter 1 . 8/24/2015
Whoa - what a fantastic story! Gripping and beautiful and soul-shreddingly moving. I really love the way Snape is written - just always so full of doubt; trying to master his self-hate and constantly teetering on the edge of madness, considering his life and the world he finds himself in, I honestly can't picture him being any other way. And when the light finally dawns on him and he lets himself be loved... OMRG, it's just perfection.

All the secondary characters had so much life. I adore Pansy and Draco in this, and Lucius is always an evil treat. Everything with Ron was so moving. I really loved it! Thank you for writing it!
iron-on-maiden chapter 14 . 4/26/2015
Dear god, this story was exquisite and heartbreaking. Every single page had me tearing up, and if the writing weren't so perfect, I might not have finished. Fantastic work!
Cause-and-Author chapter 14 . 4/8/2015
Oh, I simply LOVE Lucius' little monologue to himself. Honestly, half the fun of any Snape-centric story is getting to listen in on all the twists and convolutions of a Slytherin mind.

Another entry in the "damn that secretive old poof, why couldn't he just spell something out for once in his miserable life" column of Dumbledore's sins. Honestly, I never loathed him so much as when the totality of his life and schemes were revealed in book 7. Fanfiction has yet to disappoint me in this regard - most SS/HG authors, at least, take the same dim view of him that I do.

Overall, excellent - EXCELLENT - work. I appreciate everything you did with the prompter, the title, the folly as a plot point, and how you worked it into your story. I'm extremely pleased at how you worked us along to the happy reconciliation, and very much impressed by your ability to believably portray furious-but-still-in-love.

I like to think that your Snape (ab)used his position as Foreign Secretary to establish an underground railroad of sorts, but perhaps he's not quite so willing to stick his neck out for any non-order members. Still, you saved the Lupins, which was cause for a big grin, and you applied glue to my broken heart for at least implying that some of the Weasley clan survived.

A possible launching-point for a sequel might be to have the Order regrouping in Magical America - a kind of double-secret-inverse D-Day invading Occupied England to free them from the Vazi Regime. Could be fun, or could be awful - you left it at exactly the right place to close the book on this story and leave open the possibilities for everybody to imagine.

Thank you - so much - for making this story a reality. You've achieved something wonderful!
Cause-and-Author chapter 13 . 4/8/2015
Exquisite work with the alternating viewpoint. I love the idea of these two lovers laying in bed, exchanging all the secrets that nearly broke them before The End. I am also stealing the "kindle" line.
Cause-and-Author chapter 12 . 4/8/2015
This is something that I have discussed with people before - Snape should be much more comfortable with hand-to-hand and muggle-fighting than he is ever shown in books or most fiction. So you win a thousand points for giving him the wherewithal to go Muggle and go for the kill. Another thousand for using his defeated, Stunned enemy as a shield against the unblockable curse, and another thousand for giving him the willingness to kill in defense of his lover.

EXCELLENTLY well done.