Reviews for Droxy's Folly
Cause-and-Author chapter 1 . 4/8
One of the things I've always found most difficult to accept about "Lord Voldemort" was his cartoonishly evil ineptitude. It should have been immediately obvious to anyone with more than a handful of braincells that the pureblood supremacy movement, if carried to its logical conclusion, could have only one outcome: the death of Wizarding society. That Voldemort was incapable of seeing this, and seemed to encourage it in his followers, was always one of those things I felt was aimed specifically at her audience: "See, children? Discrimination is wrong, because that's what Lord Voldemort does, and he's Evil."

So it was with a very high eyebrow that I read the story setup: The poster boy for pureblood supremacy talking about a kinder, gentler distopia? Welcoming all those of magical blood, regardless of birth? Well, not full citizenry obviously - what is this, the Americas? - but a reprieve from the Snidely Whiplash theatrics. It's actually kind of brilliant: Rally the purebloods and whip them into a supremacist frenzy so that they'll win your war for you. Then, after the war is over and they've had a chance to settle into being on top of society, you open the doors to start allowing the rest of your magical population back in. Why? Because you need them, and you only needed the purebloods for their money and fervor. In a dozen generations or so, the halfbloods and muggle-borns might even think that this was their proper place in society (I'm thinking of the caste system of India, or the various IndoChinese empires that have all practiced various forms of classism). Le Voila - a tiered society where the muggle-borns are the breeder class to keep the wizarding world alive, and the purebloods coast.

I also appreciate both your depiction of Azkaban and the lasting impression it left on Malfoy. I picture him a cringing, nervous wreck of a man hiding behind his robes and appearance charms and his role. An excellent beginning - and I'm absolutely DYING to know more.
Clarine chapter 14 . 4/7
Très belle variation AU. J'ai aimé comment vous avez peint les personnages principaux, leurs interactions passées et présentes.
Beaucoup d'émotions avec Neville, Arthur et surtout Ron. Vous avez écrit des moments magnifiques avec lui, à la fois terribles et bouleversants. Vous avez très bien réussi à rendre compte de sa psyché fracturée. Chapeau bas !
Et en plus : un soupçon d'aventure, du suspens, quelques méchants duels (verbaux ou magiques)...

Vraiment excellent ! Sûr que j'aimerais bien lire une suite mais je comprends bien que ce n'était pas votre intention initiale (laquelle était de répondre à l'invite de Droxy). Votre HEA laisse toutefois espoir d'un dénouement complet finalement heureux et c'est déjà très bien.

Merci à toutes les deux (et à Droxy)
2lazy2login chapter 14 . 2/17
I've scrolled past this story a hundred times, and I'm glad I finally decided to read it! It's a great story, and you fufilled the plot well!
hjm1219 chapter 14 . 10/2/2013
I understand that you couldn't overthrow Voldemort in this one, but will there be a sequel?
Regina lacrimarum chapter 14 . 7/12/2013
This was one of the best written fanfiction stories I have read and you did a great job with the prompts. I loved that you didn't make it a world of grey, two-dimensional characters revolving around the main paring. Our happy couple are surrounded by people as vibrant and interesting as they are. Thank you for the story.
Arciere chapter 14 . 4/27/2013
Wow. This was really well done, and I'm sad to see it has ended. You left the end wide-open for a sequel-are you working on one? I'm going to creep your Author page to find out. But I love your characters here, the way you placed all the parts, everything. Beautiful. Marvelous. Well done.

odogoddess chapter 14 . 2/4/2013
Loved this! Am recc'ing it on my journal.
SweetTale4u chapter 13 . 1/19/2013
Oh I can see Teddy's mark on this chapter! She likes a Severus that talks dirty! I love it, what a great chapter!
nicestorybro chapter 14 . 1/6/2013
That truly was one of the most interesting and...AHHH I just want to scream from how giddy I am after reading this. Really wonderful writing and plot. Gosh. It makes me smile. GOOD JOB MAN. Ahhhhhhh. Oh and I loved snape and granger in this story. Different but really good.
Lost-puppyEYES chapter 10 . 9/27/2012
how in bloody hell does Lucius have a happy memory strong enough for a preening patronus?! D:
Desvario chapter 14 . 9/26/2012
this story is great! a gem in a sea monotone.
Each scene is unique.
had a great time reading it.
There is a second part? as continuous?
thank you very much for spending your time to write it!
randomfan17 chapter 14 . 9/24/2012
That's it?! Nooooo, I loved it so, even when i wanted to smash Severus's face in. Epilogue, i need an epilogue! If not i'll just imagine they move somewhere far away, have hot sex, children, and eventually the downfall of Voldemort. I really loved this story and i'm glad the ending was happy if not completely happy cause Voldemort's not gone yet. Putting you on my alert list for any other wonderful creations that may come in the future!
F3rn chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
AHHHHHH that was amazing! A brilliant ending, while still fitting with the prompt. I'm so glad you're considering a sequel! I went to your profile, like "omg must obsessively find out everything there is to know about these two amazing writers ahhhh" and when I saw that you said you were thinking about a sequel, I got all excited all over again. Can't wait!
fanchick chapter 14 . 9/23/2012
Is this the last chapter? Good story. If its the end i hope there is a sequal
MSCOCO chapter 14 . 9/23/2012
Lucius' mouth twisted into an ironic smirk. HAHAHAHAHA ooo he saving his own ass! lololol a feat not to be taken lightly. It spoke of someone who felt he had little to lose. He went for it and did what he had to That kind of wizard could be dangerous if cornered. and he dont want to find out. this was good thank for the follys lolol!
114 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »