Reviews for MSCL Vignettes
So excited to see a new chapter! Especially since it's about Angela and Tino. I still want to know more... specifically if they ever hook up!
ella chapter 56 . 3/15
I love reading your work! it's amazing how well you have develope all this personalities with little material given, powerful material but little never the less. I do hope that you post more, I love hearing about tino and Angela and maybe Daniel marring Brian ...haha... anyway thank not only for giving this series closure but a new fresh start and a great continuation!
I am re-reading lots of these chapters and loving them even more the 2nd time around. I still want to read more about Angela & Tino and if anything happens between them.
77Steph chapter 4 . 12/29/2014
Ha, yea Angela, poor Jordan. This is why everyone always hates the cheerleader. A bit stereotypical, but definitely adds to the back story and character development to help answer the all important, "Why is J the way he is?"
77Steph chapter 3 . 12/29/2014
So, one of my favorite chapters of this lovely, long work. You got the details just right, definitely takes me back to an early 90s scene. Loved the basement party and band name/lyric checks.

The relationship between J and Lisa is fairly interesting. You do a good job of setting up the fact that she is very motherly to him. The sibling dynamic between them is I mean he loses his virginity in her bed and she almost helps engineer it. Never in a million years for my brother and I. Did you have a particular inspiration for their dynamic, or did you just need J to have a mother-ish figure? She is almost a confidant in addition to a mother, IMO.
77Steph chapter 2 . 11/26/2014
Interesting back story with the whole baseball thing and connection to his sister and Tino's family.
77Steph chapter 1 . 11/26/2014
I really like the idea that you are exploring Jordan's background so thoroughly. I am curious what at the end of the chapter makes him kiss her as a response to her not wanting to feel better (distraction for her, goodbye, its now or never, etc.)

Question about the time line. Your dates and ages make Jordan born in 1977. So he would be a 17 year old junior during the fall of 1994. If he was held back twice, wouldn't he be 18 as a junior? Is my math/reasoning or facts wrong? Maybe you have different reasoning?

Thanks for the stor(ies). I am trying to retread and review them.
Guest chapter 15 . 11/8/2014
So excited to see an update! Love these peeks into Angela & Jordan's lives.
Guest chapter 39 . 5/11/2014
Like! It's cool how you show Jordan moving through life, just trying on all these different ways that he can be. And of course I like that you tie that back to his relationship with Angela. I like this character of Layne, but I feel kinda sad for Jordan that he has this cool, functional girl and they still can't be happy. (Is this a way of saying: ANGELA, ANGELA, ANGELA?)
HottPinkNailsItsBarbiee chapter 8 . 4/20/2014
Oh my gosh I love thiiiiiiiis
Everything is so real. Like it's not cheesy or a cliche high school story. Everyone is so interesting. It's so nice to read about Jordan and his friends, especially Tino! Especially since he's just a random name thrown around in the show lol. I just love it omg. You're an amazing writer!
Guest chapter 3 . 4/1/2014
Never pictured it this way, it's interesting. (Wonder where this influence was when he was pressuring Angela?) It'd be nice if Jordan, Tino, and all guys were actually this sweet about girls and sex.
Elle chapter 47 . 3/5/2014
Something I really appreciate in your writing is Jordan's relationship with his father. I love that it's not simple, or one dimensional, and I love that you see Jordan as somebody, who, no matter how bad something gets, doesn't permanently walk away or shut someone out (and we see this with Angela and others as well). Your Jordan isn't going through life damaged, but the effects of his childhood still linger, and at times surface to haunt him: he's okay - but not perfectly so (even though he's clearly trying hard to be so). Your Jordan's HUMAN. He has flaws and hangups, but he doesn't want to see himself as weak, and he strives to make himself better. And even though the Jordan Catalano we saw in the show was sometimes selfish, hurtful, cold and self-destructive, the roots of who you've painted him to be are there. Like when he insinuates that Angela's abnormal, then exhales, in regret and wishes he could take it back, or when he puts such a high price on honesty (I think "Pressure" is one of the most revealing episodes in terms of Jordan's character; that and "Halloween" and "So-Called Angels".) (I also REALLY loved your "Isolation" 'episode' - so moving.) KEEP THIS UP! :)
Guest chapter 48 . 2/28/2014
Um, could those little girls be any cuter? And not at all annoying, which is hard it seems to do. I love how Tino talks to them just the way he talks to everyone. Cute little chapter, where is all this going? [What happened with Angela and Tino?]
lavender96817 chapter 46 . 2/23/2014
You have developed the characters so beautifully. I am a die-hard J/A fan but the way you wrote this story is so realistic. Tino is so intriguing! I can see Angela ending up with him. Or at least having some really fun times with him :). Please continue writing!
Guest chapter 46 . 2/14/2014
Can't wait to read what happens between Angela & Tino! Would love to see them together if she's not with Jordan.