Reviews for Promise Me
Sterling-Aster chapter 1 . 1/13
Yeesh... I don't know whether to congratulate you for writing such a gripping story like this, or bite yer head off fer the content... Piccolo and Gohan parting ways by death. Waaaaaah! T.T Anyway, it was well written, and you appropriately described the characters' reactions. Piccolo's was epic when he returned to the look-out, just saying. Keep up the good work, your writing is entertaining to read! ]
Mooselk chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
I'm do happy someone else thought of this plot bunny. I thought I would have to suffer alone. Beautiful work and thanks so much for writing this wonderful thing.
iamgoku chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
very emotional , but good
I liked it especially piccolo he was written well
Ultimate Black Ace chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
This was great. Seriously, Piccolo and Gohan were incredibly in character. Pan's character seemed reasonable, especially given how little basis you have for her personality as well as the circumstances. In general, this was very bittersweet. Incredibly heartwarming and heart wrenching at the same time, the way that Gohan died just fit his character very well. All the descendants of the Z-fighters at his bed shows that he was still an important figure in the lives of many, as he would be. He wouldn't be a fighter, but he'd still protect the earth and connect to them. As he was like a brother to Trunks, I can see him as an uncle to the next generation.
I also liked how Piccolo didn't know the rest of the Z-fighters. His only real connection was Goku, he only formed connections to the others through major battles and necessity. But here that might not have been the case, the only one left for him to connect with are those who are directly connected to Gohan.
And so the chronicle of Gohan's life on earth has come to a close.
Nozomidono chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
So I just cried my eyes out. Lovely lovely fic
MrsTDCC17 chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
*wipes tear*

It was great, so cute too!
Jason9000 chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
Wow this was...deep. Very deep and fitting. Honestly if Gohan had died of old age and sickness I could see this as how they would say goodbye to one another. You did an excellent job on this. I can't wait to see the other stories following this.
FinalFlashX chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Wow Frost, I decided to read this over right before I went to work today and I'm extremely glad that I did. You have a very rare gift among authors on this site: the gift to be able to really express emotion and get an emotional response from your reader. Well done there. It was interesting to see older versions of several of the younger Z Fighters and then 18 still being the same exact person. I had almost forgotten about her so I thought that was a nice detail, and your right, Piccolo would outlive everyone else by a large margin. Your Piccolo in this story was really inspired, I feel like you had his character down to a T. Great one-shot Frost! I look forward to reading more of your work.
Super Vegetarott chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
This was a good read. The rose and fell bit was really heart-wrenching, and it certainly kept me intrigued. I'll be reading Fulfilling the Oath quite soon! Once again, thanks for the enjoyable read.
SqueeFreak chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
This was very sweet and really well writ ten. I enjoyed it immensely even though it made me a little sad. :)
Lady Venamisa chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Awwww...

*sobs*

I'm sad now. :[
Jasper6509 chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Poor Piccolo...Gohan was his best friend. You really had me tearing up while I was reading this, good job on the story :)
AMMO121 chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
I would love to see it when Piccolo finely does die then goes to after world and sees Gohan look as young as he did when he was a teen or a kid! Sorry I'm not much of a Pan fan! XD
Animecartooncomicgirl chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
had me in tears it was done beautifully
StarcraftWOOT chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
A story involving Piccolo and Pan? I'd be all for that. This is definitely one of the better fanfics concerning Dragon ball I've ever read, particularly for the fact that you really captured the Piccolo/Gohan relationship. Piccolo's harshness and blunt ways bleed through in his speech ("Don't you dare tell me to stop being sorry" Being a favorite line) but the gentle affection he has always felt for Gohan, as if Gohan were his own son, shows through quite well. You've managed to do what few writers have managed to do, which is to show Piccolo's immense care and affection towards Gohan without making him an utter sap who acts more like a lovestruck teenaged girl, so I must thank you for that one.
Gohan himself sounds quite in-character, and talks to Piccolo as an adult for one of the first times. Given how little the two get to interact through the Buu arc, I still feel as though his speech still fits the more adult Gohan we've come to know, and his vocabulary was well-done. Between the two of them, you made this story thoroughly gripping and excellent. Even Dende sounded perfect in how he acted, and most people can't do anything with Dende.
Even setting aside the excellent characterization, the story was well-paced and well-written, and always lingered on a specific moment just long enough to get a point across. the premise was followed up on correctly, and executed beautifully.
I suppose instead of gushing, I should also have some criticism, so let me quickly try to find something wrong with the story... Well, I suppose I would have liked to see a bit more of Pan, but I suppose that problem is solved by the idea of a sequel...