Reviews for To Shame and To Shield
Washington-Jones chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
Rodolphus as the Wonderful big brother. Regulus as... Reg ? (I don't know if it's love or just "lust") and Basty... aw Basty... I love this !
glowing neon chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
The Lestranges don't get enough love (except in your fics, where they certainly get enough love... if you know what I mean ;D). I really liked this. I can see Rabastan's mother being so shocked and devastated to find her son in such a position with Regulus, especially due to the nature of the pureblood culture. No spelling/grammar issues I could find. Well done!
whirlwinds of watercolours chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
I liked your portrayal of Rodolphus and Rabastan, it's a pity they weren't mentioned much in the books. This fic was really brilliant, well done!
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
I really enjoyed this! First of all, Regulus made an appearance. Always a good thing :) Secondly, your interpretations of the characters are always so /real/. Maria's reaction was 100% believable and Rodolphus quietly standing up to her was great. I love the brotherly bonding towards the end, too. Great job!
keep my issues drawn chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
this was absolutely brilliant! i love how protective rodolphus is of rabastan and the way that he's gay too. you're really talented at portraying the black family/pureblood dynamic and it seems very realistic and could definitely conceivably fit within canon. great job! :)
ladyoftheknightley chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
You wrote the relationship between the two brothers beautifully, and their mother's reaction seems all too realistic, given the state of Pureblood society at that time. Despite the sadness, the ending was lovely - I loved Rodolphus standing up for his little brother! Thanks for sharing :)
dragonflybeach chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Love this. Love the way Rod takes care of his brother and how he builds him up when he's fragile.
Martian Goddess chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
I love the brotherly love! Despite the sadness, it gives it a bit of a fluffy tinge in my mind :)
00982374-deactivated chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
I liked Rodolphus and Rabastan's brotherly relationship. Their mother's reaction was completely believable as well, I think the title is very fitting. Lovely job :)
TamariChan chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Very compelling and the relationship between the two is wonderful! A great Black piece. But I wouldn't expect any less from you, Gamma. :)
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
I really liked their brotherly relationship her and how they both got so angry at their mother's ideals. I feel so sorry for them both having to live in this kind of pureblood society during this time period. I also liked the twist at the end. :)
the lola chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Your writing is great, as always. I liked the brotherly relationship you showed, I think you portrayed the whole pureblood society and ideas/morals with that very well. Their Mother's reaction was very well written and believable - loved it. :)
inkteardrops chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
This is very different to the kind of things that I normally read but, I must say that I really like it. I like the way that Rodolphus stands up for Rabastan and the brotherly protection. This is really good and I like the way you portray the pure-blood families of the day's ideals, they seem very realistic. Great.
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Aww that was sweet. I love that Rab/Rod were close, and were both gay and dealing with it. I half imagine that in hindesight, it would be hilarious to walk in on your brother with regukus...thinking about it...maybe not. Good blackmail material tho.
Anywah, i like that Rod was so willing to stand ul for his brother and help him out, i really liked this :) good job!
conquerors chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
I really like the bonding you had between the brothers here, it's nice to see that even with such a horrible family they could have a friendship between each other. I've never read anything were both Rod and Rab were gay, and obviously it is not extremely realistic - having both brothers be gay - but it worked well in here and it seemed like it would have brought them closer together.