Reviews for Honesty's a Virtue
Yo chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
I really enjoy how you continue to delve into Tsukuyomi's mind. It's so interesting to read about a 'non-standard' character, someone whom is 'broken' by modern standards - yet embraces it. Well, I guess that goes under a psychosis, but it's engaging, nonetheless. Another reviewer mentions how Setsuna is like a reverse tsundere & now that I look at it, it fits quite well. Though now that I think about it, doesn't that also relate to how East Asian cultures have more society self-restraint in general? Due to emphasizing homogeneity? Hmm, could it then be possible to say that Tsukuyomi is the stereotypical Westerner, full of passion & no restraint? Bah, I'm getting away from myself.

It's always entrancing to watch Tsukuyomi Tsukuyomi attempt to draw out Setsuna emotionally, & how she derives such -pleasure- from the process. Such a mesmerize character she is. Those details you've added, like how Tsukuyomi's horizons were ignited with the concept of dishonesty or how Setsuna is trying to explain herself using Tsukuyomi's paradigm, always help give the amazing depth your stories have.

Thanks as always!
For Spite chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Sorry I took so long, it's been an extremely busy week.

This is an interesting take on what exactly makes Tsukuyomi so enraptured with Setsuna. Canon definitely supports that it's part of her allure.

Setsuna really should appreciate all the effort Tsukuyomi is putting out to help her with her denial, even if the denial is cute. She just wants to free her sempai from all these foolish self imposed restrictions based on "shoulds", after all. It's a nice character piece and the italic action is well woven into the internal monologue. The only thing I can complain about it that using italics for emphasis in said monologue makes the "She wants Setsuna" line look weird, coming as it does right after an italic line.

Actually, it occurs to me that this must be something like the appeal the 'tsundere' archetype has for some people. Deep down, Setsuna wants to fight and be violent too, but she stammers and denies it and Tsukuyomi finds it adorable. There's almost a sort of... patronizing element or maybe a nurturing one. But, then, Tsukuyomi does see everyone else as less important than her whims anyway.
Gundam Kaiser chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Hrm... kinda trippy. Not bad, just... trippy.