Reviews for Essence
Figment chapter 7 . 7/23/2014
Yay Snily! Despite its length, your story had me going on an emotional rollercoaster. There were moments were I was like 'Nooo!' then 'Yusss!' (I'm not very eloquent :p). Once again great story and thanks for sharing :)
Potterworm chapter 2 . 6/8/2014
I absolutely love Severus' reaction to cramps. Really subtle, yet funny to read.
SharkAria chapter 7 . 2/11/2014
I read this a year ago and favorited it then. So I reread it tonight to remind myself of this wonderful interpretation of how these two could have gotten together. Nicely true to their characters, and I like how you acknowledged that James did catch Lily's attention...but I am so glad that Sev won!
Dimplz chapter 7 . 7/21/2013
I loved the story. I thought it was so sweet. I was quite worried when Lily became smitten with James. I thought this was going to be another "Snape loses the girl" story but I'm so glad you had other things in mind. I can't wait to read the sequel!
marietta chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Wow, what an interesting idea! Reminds me to try out more BPAL! (Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - )
neesie-pie chapter 6 . 12/3/2012
I avoided this for so long, thinking it would be another Amortencia (sp?) story - so very glad I gave it a shot.
neesie-pie chapter 7 . 12/3/2012
Wonderful! Bravo, a thousand times Bravo!
bianca chapter 7 . 11/28/2012
This was a lovely story! Your Lily impresses me, in that she thinks for herself, and doesn't allow school to come between her and her best friend.
guest chapter 5 . 10/7/2012
"He was such a contradiction. An enigma to most, she knew that, but the cold face he turned to the world warmed for her, and she knew the shy secrets of his heart, his dreams and goals. She knew his flaws too—impatience, arrogance, an uncomfortable fascination with power—but they were balanced by his carefully hidden kindness, his wry biting humour, the gentleness he had so little opportunity to display."

I simply love, love, LOVE this passage! thanks for making my day :)
TyriaT chapter 7 . 10/6/2012
Excellent! After all that trouble Snape was going through to make the perfume, I would have been disappointed if you didn't have them end up together. Very well written as always! I only wish you had put in Slughorn's reaction about the girl, although you basically implied he knew, and Potter's reaction when he discovered he lost to Snape, bet Lily would have come to Severus' rescue if Potter tried anything.
Professor Radar chapter 7 . 10/5/2012
OMG! I didn't notice you wrote "Through Grace". That's one of my favourite stories!

Thank you for this story with a happy ending. I look forward to the sequel and even though there will be many trials & tribulations I hope their love stays intact.
Guest chapter 7 . 10/5/2012
The perfume is sheer brilliance on Sev's part! I'll bet perfume makers all over the world would rain down Galleons on him if they could get his his secret! I'm glad Christmas was so nice for them despite Sev's visit to his home. Hopefully things won't change when old Pothead, the mutt, and DE-in-trainings return to school after the holidays. I hope somebody cast a boot-kicking hex on old Pothead and the mutt for a 'special' Christmas present! Please update soon!
Lon Wolfgood chapter 6 . 10/4/2012
THANK YOU! For writing a SSLE story that is both original and has great characterization.
Lon Wolfgood chapter 7 . 10/4/2012
Encore! Encore!
NYCUtopia chapter 7 . 10/4/2012
I'll say it again, that was so sweet! and I didn't even overdose ;-) Heading off to your other story (a.s.a.p.)