Reviews for Event Horizon
SoonTheApocalypse chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
You probably should have had Lee try to talk Lilly into submission (assuming that you had her and Lee on good terms in this story, which it seems you did), rather than getting physical with her. Lee had a great deal of respect for Lilly before the roadside murder, and so was completely unaware of how much of a danger she had become (he knew she was struggling, but he had no idea just how close to the edge she really was). Therefore, if you wanted to alter the storyline to have Lee more aware of Lilly's mental instability, the most logical thing to do would be to have him try and take her to one side and talk some sense into her, as opposed to having him perform some last-ditch, action-hero-style maneuver to save Carley ... which is pretty much what you did. If Lee had any inkling that Lilly was of a mind to shoot someone, d'you honestly think he'd just stand by and allow Lilly to work herself into a rage like that? Because I don't. He would have asked for a private word and then tried to appeal to her better nature, which ... could well have worked (depending on what was said and how it was phrased). There are so many of these "CARLEY LIVES!" style fics that are written for the sole purpose of having Lee (impractically) save Carley's life from Lilly's bullet, but ... nobody ever actually seems to consider the possibility of having Lee try to save Lilly from HERSELF, which would make a MUCH more interesting story in my opinion. Still, I've seen worse attempts to re-enact this scene, I guess. You didn't do too badly, especially when compared to certain other fan-fiction versions of this scene that I've read... Ugh.
Baby Hedgehog-Cute but DEADLY chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Any plan to continue this?
Jewlia chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Amazing job! I've always loved long chapter...
I love it, I really do
Please continue, pretty please?
Exposed chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
I really liked this why did you stop
Feedingfrenzy91 chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
Not bad. Kinda wish you continued with this.

God bless
Sami chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
Carly has a crush on Lee! :D
CARLY LIKES LEE
CARLY LIKES LEE
XD
WistfulSong chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
So... is there anyway telltale can patch the game and make this happen instead haha.

Seriously this is amazing andI hope you haven't abandoned seeing as its been forever since you made this. This is probably THE best Walking Dead fic I've read and its only the first chapter. Seriously this is amazing, please update soon :)
666Darkmage chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Thank you for this. I love playing the "TWDG" and have always wished that Carley didn't have to die. I hope you continue with this story.
jquackers chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Thank you so much for writing this. Bless your soul. I often wonder that too. I really really wish SOMEone could've stopped Lilly. Carley is hands down my favorite character and I died when she did. I just sat there in tears of denial, anger, and pain for over ten minutes. And the fact that she and Lee have such beautiful but short-lived chemistry. It's a damn shame she couldn't have survive at least a bit longer. Anyhow, I'm rambling. My point in all that is that I'm glad you wrote this with Carley surviving. I'd love to see more, especially with how her presence will affect the rest of the story. Plus I wanna see what'll happen to Lilly. Kind of hoping she doesn't steal the RV and faces the group but at the same I dunno. Well, good job so far. Hope you continue!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
I LOVED IT! I guess I'm a sucker for romance and zombies...
Guest chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
MORE PLEASE. CARLEE!
DayGamer chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Plz Update soon! :)
Aikido Kasshin Ryu chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
To be honest, there's not much to say about your oneshot. It appears that you've taken the original scene and made a few changes, however these are not bad things, and I do like the bits of originality (change parts of the original dialogue while adding your own).

Personally, I was going to write my own version of what could have happened if Carley survived (or better said, Lily didn't pull a Dick Chaney on Carley), but I'm not sure if I could top this. The description of the moonlight gleaming off of the pistol was a very nice touch, and a good indication that sh*t had struck the fan. Another one was keeping Lee's humane side in tact, deciding against abandoning Lily to be zombie bait despite the other survivors' protests. I left her by the way.

Unfortunately, the last thing Telltale Games will do is a "do-over", or a remake with changes such as saving Carley or better yet, save both her and Doug at the drug store.

I liked this story. Right now, I'm on Episode 4, and the last one was a literal pain to get through. Keep writing.
The Buddhist Doxie chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Please, keep writing...this is great. I would have killed Lilly if it had really been me in the game...I left her on the side of the road.
WhySoGayTae chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
I'm glad I found your fic! I was looking for some alternate versions of ep 3 hoping for saved!Carley. Glad your fic had it! Plus I feel this will be CarLee as well. Wish my OTP had survived in the game or at least lasted a bit longer. Anyway love this! Can't wait for more!