Reviews for Close to You
theHuntgoeson chapter 9 . 1/2
Reading this story in one go, I was amazed to see how you managed to mend an apparently irreparable breach in their relationship. The despair of the opening chapters was so bleak, and so convincingly written, that I thought the story would have to end in the same misery as its beginning. That it didn't, and that the transition from despair to hope was so believable, is a tribute to your narrative powers. I especially love the chapter written from Gene's POV and the peace offering of the rocking lion. Well done.
LouBelle04 chapter 9 . 9/6/2013
Lovely chapter :)
LBx
MissLP chapter 9 . 9/5/2013
I simply couldn't stop reading this - I read it all in one go! It was absolutely brilliant for your first fic. You write beautifully - the first couple of chapters where you set the scene were simply wonderful. You captured the despair of Alex perfectly. You also handled the tenderness of the latter half of the story fantastically - it was adorable! Well done, and I cannot WAIT to see what else you write - I very much look forward to it :) Laura x
Hiddenashes 83 chapter 9 . 8/28/2013
Absolutely fab! Loved this fic. X
Ermingard chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Bestest fan fic ever :) so moving and the brilliant humor just fits in so well :) PLEASE update soon I can hardly bare it :D
-E
GeneGenielover28 chapter 8 . 3/3/2013
I was very pleased to see an update on this fic. I am loving the process that Gene and Alex are going through when trying to rekindle the love and trust that they once had. I also adore this side of Gene, he really is trying very hard to make up for everything. I am dying to find out what happens when the baby arrives. Please do not take too long to update soon.
MeganBellaRoseBlack chapter 8 . 2/21/2013
This chapter was absolutely adorable! :') I love the dynamic between them both and I can't wait for the baby to come along ;) Looking forward to the next chapter :) MBRB'xoxo
theoofoof chapter 8 . 2/18/2013
Fantastic update - love how they're back together now. Can't wait for more.
LouBelle04 chapter 8 . 2/18/2013
Lovely, can't wait for more :)
LBx
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 7 . 1/6/2013
"Our little lad" just melted my heart, as did the thought of Gene being a proper father to the little guy.

However, I think the guv is way too proud and inarticulate to outline his feelings/missteps the way he does here.

I don't begrudge him and Alex any happiness, though. I'd have been disappointed if there were no reconciliation!
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 6 . 1/6/2013
Very interesting to have the Alex-versus-Bolly element to this chapter. I always did feel there was too little emphasis in the series on how the Geneverse transformed its denizens.

Again, there's considerable attention to the painful realities (and unreality?) of Alex's existence.

And again you end with suspense.
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 5 . 1/6/2013
The summing-up of Alex Drake's existence - the betrayals, the disappointments, the sheer unfairness of it all - was devastating, almost unbearable. It's exhausting to following her roiling thoughts.

The end is cryptic, too, and intriguing.
PersiaAmelia chapter 7 . 1/2/2013
Yay! Liking the new found happiness :')
GeneHuntress chapter 7 . 12/31/2012
Phew! At last things are getting better for them. Hope the upward trend continues.

And a very Happy New Year! :)
theoofoof chapter 7 . 12/31/2012
Yay - happiness; it's about time they got their acts together! Can't wait to read more.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »