Reviews for Error of Soul
tyry95 chapter 2 . 7/10
I swear I've read this before. Maybe? But I think I'd recognize if umbridge was even the slightest bit nicer. Weird
Harry Thomas Riddle chapter 1 . 6/20
I have to thanks some reviews. I won't a fiction when the author lies to the audience. I've guessed that this story is full of Weasel Git / Hermione... This doesn't sound like a soul bond done "right" but it rather sounds like the average HHr story that has to pair them with different people.
Amanthya chapter 7 . 5/29
Even though you seeded the little clues of the resulting bitter-blossom of a scene with Cho a while back - and I *did* see them - and pretty well covered her understandably different viewpoint, you still surprised me. Kudos to you on that. I'm less sure how I feel about the crossover (though I suspected I am, underneath my desire to not think on what's not been much revealed to my non-following self, not much pleased). But I'll keep an eye on this fic.
This is the most interesting use of the Twins' twin-ness I've ever come across, and I truly pity them. And Hermione and Harry; I'd hate to lose myself, however neat it'd be to gain/share abilities.
Amanthya chapter 5 . 5/28
Ah, the plot thickens! Nice.

I am, though, going to ignore the ridiculously convenient - and cliche - excuse of HP's own parents LE & JP being soulmates, despite the apparent rarity of the condition. Especially since there's no way Lily's magic became *that* fond of James's in the course of 1 year vs Harry and Hermione's *several* years build-up.

JP was a needlessly cruel pos who JKR doubtless did not realize wasn't charming as she intended him to be (what with the whole "because he exists" and continuing to curse SS behind LE's back; the only rational reason for their marriage is LE being depressed/angry over the betrayal of her best friend, the loss of her parents, and/or the stress of war driving her into the guaranteed-open-arms of James "Ar*ehole" Potter).

Of course, opinions are a dime-a-dozen and come in every flavor. And don't take this as a Snape-can-do-no-wrong-Apologist flaming you, please.

Because aside from my personal loathing of JP, I honestly dislike the cliched convenience of the like-his-parents-before-him part of the soul bond. Like it's some kind of genetic heritage, instead of the more canon-compliant Harry-has-sh*t-luck kind of thing. And I think that's a fair criticism. It's certainly my only one so far. I even like your handling of Ron, who I liked less and less in each book as the series squandered his potential and made him a dense jerk*ss.
Amanthya chapter 4 . 5/28
: o

You've shocked me (Umbridge) and alarmed me (HP & HG).
Amanthya chapter 3 . 5/28
Luna's scene scared the *bleep* outta me. Are you making Umbridge actually NOT 2-D?! This is so interesting!
This is so great! I don’t usually read soul bond fics but this is super entertaining! I think I would die of embarrassment too if someone could feel everything I felt! Excited to see where this fic goes. Thanks for writing!
Noacat chapter 6 . 8/1/2018
Also, I got to thinking last night about when it's Hermione's time of the month and Harry having to feel all the associated pain with that. And now it's all I can think about and how fucking hilarious it'd be not only for Harry to realize what's happening but the horribly embarrassing explanation that'd follow. I love this story. I've often had the same thoughts about soul bond fics as you. I like how they're slowly coming together.
Noacat chapter 7 . 7/31/2018
Holy shit this story is great. Like, bummed cus it hasn't been updated in a while, but still... amazing. Thank you so much for writing this.
Lord Herobrine chapter 7 . 7/27/2018
NOOOO!

WHY DID YOU STOP!

NOOOOO!
Guest chapter 3 . 4/9/2018
I realize this was written some time ago, and I don't even know if you read reviews at this point, but...

First off, very well written. You capture the thoughts and emotions of (most) teens perfectly. I also enjoy seeing perspectives from other characters; your writing style lends itself well to expressing each character's personality in a unique fashion.

One note actually regarding your author's note, though: the power that Harry had that Voldemort knew not wasn't the wand, but love. He survived both the original attack and his final confrontation because of his mother's love, he is saved from being revealed as surviving thanks to another mother's love, and it is the love of those around him which rally them to stand together and fight the deadliest war most of them have ever faced. The Deathly Hallows helped him, but the power he had was love.

Wish this had been finished, but I hope you're still writing somewhere! You're quite good!
ClaraFreesky chapter 7 . 4/3/2018
I'm aware this one is gonna remain unfinished, but it still deserves all the praise it can get. So there, it's a bloody brilliant and original soulbond fanfic, and definitely worth a read, even if it's in the limbo.

Ps.: I especially love the bit about Fred and George. The whole concept is just genius (and quite sad).
Selonianth chapter 7 . 3/30/2018
Good, never getting finished probably, what with everyone waiting for Saturday, but good.

... One thing, you have Fudge mentally referring to percy as Weatherby, which makes sense... but verbally as Weasley, which given the first fact... doesn't. If anything it'd be the other way around.
jackmylad 2 chapter 1 . 2/18/2018