Reviews for When Words Fail
Knyle Borealis chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
I've wondered if movieverse is going to talk about his deafness. I think it would be really interesting. I like your version. You should send it to Whedon. ;)
adara-greenleaf chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
While this was good I think it was your most OOC fic. I'm not talking about Clint loosing his hearing, because that's canon. I'm talking about Natasha's reaction. There is no way she would unload her feelings for Clint onto Steve, not even if she were dying. I just don't see it happening at all. I can see pretty much everything else, maybe even the concerned Hulk, but I cannot see her saying anything about how she feels to anyone. It's just not who she is. Yes, Clint was hurt, yes, she was stressed and scared, but still...I just don't see it.

Of course, this is just my opinion and it doesn't reflect how well written the fic is. As always, thanks for sharing.
Little-miss-laughs-alot chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Really love the story, it's really good! I knew the title was familiar! I went to see Shrek after it opened when my dad's cousin was in it! Anyway, thanks for writing this!
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
Liked this.
lifechiaroscuro chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
It's comic canon. If it was the explosion that took out his hearing, then you've got it right, excluding the exact situation.

Great fic!

Caity :)
Precious93 chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I really liked this. Well written!
Liliththestormgoddess chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I adore deaf!Clint fics. This was very well written and despite that Clint was hardly in it (I love him) I think it was better that way. It was wonderful seeing the whole team so concerned.
narLP chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
love this one shot :D
Sepsis chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Wow! I really love to read about them as a team and when they have other missions. And you're wonderful at writing them!
How Tony seems to accept Maria, how Steve wants to know how the others are while Natasha stays calm and wants revenge and to hear about the mission. I really can imagine that.

"It looked bad," Rhodes answered. "When we got to him he was still conscious but..." His words wilted under Natasha's gaze."But what?" she snapped."
Yeah, I guess it's different when it's about Clint or when the others are really injured.

"As Pepper kept busy, as best she could, the three remaining Avengers stood around, not quite sure what to do next. Each of them was used to taking action."
These waiting rooms are horrible, but then again, it's probably just horrible to be in that kind of situation. :(
It's sweet to see that the other Avengers aren't that scared iof Hulk and that he is able to talk a lot more than in the movie! Interesting, that Hulk calls Bruce "the other man", just like Bruce does it about Hulk. ;)

"I've been better," Bruce admitted."And more clothed," Tony added. "Are we a pants optional organization now?" Sometimes Tony is just brilliant. XD "We'll text you ever thirty minutes," Pepper called after him."Make it fifteen," Steve returned."I regret teaching you that," Tony fired back"
Like..really brilliant.
I can understand that Natasha doesn't really want to see Clint's reaction to loosing one of his most needed senses. :( And I guess Tony feels the same way, god.. I really like it to read about the side he rarely shows to others.

I really loved to read about the relationship between Steve and Natasha, too. They really seem to be friends if she's able to talk like that to him. (And he's really calling her "Tasha")
He's honest and the right now probably the right one to talk to.

"He didn't like to admit to having real feelings for actual people that weren't named Tony."
Yeah, I can understand that. ;)

"Still, even if he hadn't understood her words, he'd have understood the meaning. Natasha had that look on her face that not only said it was going to work out but that she was willing to move heaven and hell to make certain it did. Clint had long ago learned not to fight that particular look and he had never once doubted it. So he nodded and knew it was true, without question and without a single doubt."
Oh god, this was perfect. I loved that.
I didn't know that Hawkeye (the character) was actually deaf, but that would explain so many stories about him loosing his hearing in other stories. ;)
chrisfaithalin chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
A. Shrek The Musical is awesome and I think that's a cool inspiration, random, but very cool.

B. I love this story. I really think this provides a different perspective to the idea of Clint being deaf. I liked that we saw how the others responded to the news. I loved that Hulk was concerned for Hawkeye. Both Tony's and Natasha's vulnerability was especially well-written. I really enjoyed this and can't wait to read your next story.
discordchick chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Absolutely loved this. Very good. The team is so close knit here, its great to read. Im a huge Clint fan and even if he himself wasn't prominently in it, the team moving earth to get him the right care was heart wrenching. And Natasha not thinking she could handle it and being comforted by Cap, magnificent :) I love deaf Clint. And this was an awesome awesome story. I want more! Sequel? Of course up to you lol but it was so good!
theredrobin chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
I enjoyed the hell out of this. It was really well-written, you characterized everyone so well, and the whole team dynamic was done wonderfully.

It was a good choice to keep us in the dark along with Natasha and Steve in the beginning about what was going on; it added to the anxiety and chaos. I also liked the way you handled Tony's emotional constipation, Pepper's steadiness at holding the group together, Hulk's concern for Hawkeye, and Bruce's downright refusal to acknowledge anything the Other Guy does as remotely human. And of course my heart was just near breaking for Natasha and Clint.