Reviews for Aventine
Elton chapter 2 . 10/10
Nice so far, hope you do more...
Turner69 chapter 2 . 9/5
Excellent Story. Too sad you didn't continue it
eilidhdawn chapter 2 . 9/14/2015
And then what happened
Grovtech chapter 2 . 9/7/2015
Interest premise! You have the voices of these people down really well. I'm enjoying your comparison of the tech.
Nicely done!
fanreaderonetwo chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
Fun fic, that I would like to see more of.

They are far from home among strangers with a severely undermanned ship, even if they expect to get all her weapons other systems repaired and fully online.

However, I thought that the Aventine's crew was being _far_ too casual about bringing strangers aboard, and casually passing out info about the ship's tech.
They were far too Gene Roddenberry style "Federationy".
As compared to the darker style DS9 style, up to and including what Sisko was willing to in _In the Pale Moonlight_ episode, on what Section 31 was willing to do.

And note that this fic is presumably set _after_ the Dominion War and the Borg Incursions, when the Federation _should_ have had its "liberal" tendencies tempered by painful exposures to reality.

_Just_ the replicator tech alone would be enough to attract spies, highjackers and other "information gatherers".
Then there are the ship's weapons (probably better than anyone except _maybe_ the Vorlons and Shadows have), the deflector and other force field tech, the sensors, etc, etc.

In all, a delicious package that would attract attention from all over known space.
Figure out what nearly any government (including Earth's) or other outfit would do to get hold of her. Espionage, kidnapping, piracy and if necessary, genocide.
If you watched Star Trek:Voyager, recall all the attacks and other crap they went thru because of people wanting the Voyager or even part of her tech.
bogus chapter 2 . 3/21/2015
This fic is okay but deviates quite far from the spirit of Star Trek. I mean, firing first without asking questions or giving any warnings? Taking sides in a war on first contact? Give me a fucking break. It sounds more like the Roman Empire or even Genghis Khan than Starfleet officers.
hellixe chapter 2 . 10/26/2014
Love the idea, would love to see more.
kiwimac chapter 2 . 8/9/2014
I hope there will be more to this story.
The Sithspawn chapter 2 . 7/28/2014
Great beginning, you really have to update this! It's too good to simply be abandoned :(

So go write a new chapter for this! :P:P:P
nicky chapter 2 . 6/23/2014
was getting into the story then it ended with out a finish
Vahn chapter 2 . 6/14/2014
I am really enjoying this fic a lot! Being a fan of both series I actually got both and damn it now you are making me want more. I love how the Fed tech is getting some love as well as the way the Federation wide eye wonder with just the engineering of the B5 alien verse.

They always do take a wide eyed approached to things, The borg sphere being out there is making me nervous, like big time nervous.

Still, there's always the first one if shit goes down hill right?

That being said, I was sad that chapter 2 was so short when chapter 1 was so long, I was pretty much drooling at the thought! Mean!

Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 2 . 5/13/2014
this story is so interesting please continue it soon
Skyefather chapter 2 . 1/7/2014
really nice story, just got one problem in help the Rangers and the Mimbari isn't this a violation of the prime directive. I'd like to see a member of the crew bring this up as a concern it might be that since their dealing with a culture that has an FTL (faster then light) means of travel it might not apply but fighting the shadows would be interfering.
Sadie chapter 2 . 10/3/2013
Never the really a fan of B5, but this really catches a hold of me - pulled me in and along.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/14/2013
A fairly good read. I wonder what will happen when they find out about the Dax symbiant? Post more please.