Reviews for The Hanging Tree
Took-Baggins chapter 20 . 9/2
I rediscovered this story today after a couple years and I've got to say it was as good a read this time around as it was the first. The development and pacing is so good, and I love Beth and the Once-let's interactions so much. It would've been awesome to see how they evolved and got together. I'm sorry to see that it didn't get finished, but that happens sometimes. Thanks for giving us this much of the story. It can definitely stand alone (although maybe not with the literal tree hugging haha)
Unquestionably Unhinged chapter 20 . 12/22/2014
This is such a great story! I can't wait to see what happens next, please update! You are such a great writer and I really want to see how their relationship will work out. This story is awesome!
suburbantimewaster chapter 20 . 8/1/2014
I just finished this story and I have to say that this is my absolute favorite Once-ler/OC fanfic. I love Beth's headstrong personality and how some of her decisions do her more harm than good. I also love her family history and her interactions with Once-ler. I'm curious about how you're going to turn this into a romance when Once-ler's done her so much harm and I really hope that you continue the story.
suburbantimewaster chapter 2 . 7/2/2014
This is definitely an intriguing idea. It never occurred to me that other people might be living in Truffula Forest. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this story.
A.R.C chapter 20 . 5/30/2014
Yeah uh, remember that last review I left. Well I meant everything I said so don't worry I don't take any of the wonderful things I said about your story. I just have one teeny-weeny little tick that's been bugging me. So here it is.

WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T YOU UPDATED THIS STORY IN THE LAST YEAR? IT ALWAYS PISSES ME OFF WHEN REALLY GOOD FANFIC WRITERS DO THIS! WHY? You had such a great, well developed, and interesting story. Everything was going great. Why'd you stop the magic?
A.R.C chapter 20 . 5/26/2014
This story is simply wondrous. This is one of the most original well written piece of work I've seen in Dr. Seuss fan fiction. I simply love Beth. To me she is like what Daria from her self-titled show would be if she showed more emotion. I just adore her. The Once-ler is just great. It is very rare where I find fan fiction of the Once-ler where he's greedy and prideful and it isn't Oncest. I have to say, I think yours has the best full-blown greed-filled Once-ler ever.

Also I love how slow the romance is in this story. It's just a breath of fresh air to have the Once-ler be set up with someone who legitimately hates him, with a very strong reason to as well , and doesn't seem like she'll be falling for him for a long time. It's interesting to see a rare story where you have someone falling for the Once-ler while he's in the middle of his greedy phase as I think those stories are non-existence. I really do like the pacing if this story since there's a lot of conflict between the Once-ler and Beth, you get to see how the Lorax affects Beth, you see how far in the Once-ler really is, and a whole lot of other things I like.

Also, I don't think I would mind of Beth and the Once-ler were just friends. In fact, I think that probably be almost as good as them being lovers with how rare it is to see a story that has a main male and female lead that don't end up in a romantic relationship (no Harry Potter doesn't count, since J.K. Rowling admitted that Hermione and Harry should have ended up together). I would love to see a story like this and I think that this story would be perfect as an example of a well written relationship between two people that is not romantic.

Anyways, this story is simply amazing. It's the freshest breath of air I've had in a long time and I hope you keep up the good w
The Almighty Pickle Lord XD chapter 8 . 10/8/2013
Have you ever watched Transylvania Twist or Transylvania 5-6000?

How many views has this story gotten? (Sorry, I'm really nosy. .)

And finally, have you seen any great/good/AWESOMAZING/pretty good/PRETTY DANG GOOD!/adequate Once-Ler stories around?
The Knees of Bees chapter 20 . 9/9/2013
Oh man, I know all too well how it feels for a judge to tell you that you just lost your home. It's defiantly terrifying and gut wrenching to say the least.

I'm in love with this story! The writing is very well done and captivating, I like how well you keep Once-ler in character, you show how hes slowly sinking into his own greed and pride, but at the same time his old morals creep up on him. I really like Beth too. It's understandable for someone who has had little interaction with people to be so off putting (or a bit 'bitchy'). She's a deep character, and that's what I love to see in a OC.
Pipsqueak904 chapter 20 . 7/3/2013
Loving this story! You're super talented at writing. c:
ILoveHeartsandAnimals chapter 20 . 7/2/2013
Yay! Another awesome chapter. When is Once-ler gonna realize that he is damaging everything?! But this is an awesome story! Continue pls
Audra chapter 20 . 7/2/2013
Another great chapter.
Whitwhit1893 chapter 20 . 7/2/2013
You've definitely managed to keep me satisfied with this story from the get-go. I love Beth, she's an intelligent female character who should be admired by many for her enormous amount of strength. I honestly don't care for the romance at this point, I just want to see what happens to Beth and how her relationship with Onceler progresses, or even regresses. In my opinion there doesn't need to be romance, but that's totally up to you. I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
bellechat chapter 20 . 7/2/2013
Twenty chapters in! Celebrate! (And let's hope that creep leaves you alone.)
Gregori majoring in creative writing is a great achievement! This chapter has given me great insight on how he thinks and his struggles. Now its even more sad about that cottage now that its gone.
So maybe what was in those papers was what we've just read? Hmmm. Now I'm anxious to know what Once-ler will do! As of now, I bet he's still smoking angrily on that cigar. :D
SissyPerigrin chapter 20 . 7/2/2013
So sad! I wonder how the Onceler/Greedler is gonna handle all this information. Maybe he'll feel sympathetic, maybe he'll want to cut down the tree even more just to spite Beth. Dig the dagger deeper so to speak. We'll see.
The What-If Writer chapter 20 . 7/2/2013
I really like the thoughtful and philosophical feel to this chapter, along with more clear insight to what happened concerning Gregori and the forest ownership. This was a good update :)
Sorry to hear that you ran into a weirdo. Hope he didn't bother you that much.