Reviews for Snow Point
vysirez chapter 24 . 10/25
Ok, so I finished this one. It was pretty good. I will watch for the next book.

That said I did want to comment a bit on the story overall. I did like it, but the flow was a bit weird. You spent 14 or so chapters getting Harry to the school, and giving us a bit of an intro to the school, then things go crazy and suddenly we are on a global scale and dealing with Gods and Death and immortal demon-type sorcerers. I think we actually saw like 3 actual classes, and just skipped over the whole school year in a few chapters. So we take a long time getting to the school, then the horcrux is removed, and we spend a number of chapters dealing with that and the kidnapping and everything, then school is over and we are in a war situation and Harry gets thrown into the past and we end there. Almost everything you told us about the school was pointless. We saw barely anything of the school.

Thanks for sharing your writing. You do a good job, despite what my reviews may look like. I hope your surgery went well and everything is ok.
vysirez chapter 17 . 10/25
So I have continued to enjoy the story, though there are a few things that detracted from my enjoyment. First is your continued emphasis on the students murdering one another. The fact that there are only a few places where students are protected from being attacked/killed is kind of dumb. Making it only against the rules to kill people in specific places basically states that it's ok to do so everywhere else. You have given me the impression that Snow Point is a school for assassins and dark lords and nothing else. Since it appears that all of the students spend their time plotting to murder one another. It would be almost impossible for people to actually learn much if the only protection from someone attacking them in class is that fact it might annoy the teacher. Not to keep calling back, but comparing it to Akren, I'm fairly sure in that story the student's weren't allowed to attack each other on school grounds at all, hence the thing with people getting ambushed going to and from. Not that your story has to be the same obviously, but the Akren rules were basically already at the edge of believable, so anything past that is trending towards unbelievable.

My other complaint is the Harry's transformation. I'm not a big fan of creature Harry stories, since it's usually an excuse to make him do things that are extremely out of character. So I'm not super enthused about Harry's transformation. I'm sure he will learn how to turn back into a human, but it doesn't change the fact you turned him into a flying snake. My other problem with this is that it doesn't make sense to me that he would have to change. It's been a while since I read the Valdemar stuff, but I'm fairly sure that many if not most of the Sorcerer Adepts and major Adepts were human. So I don't understand why Harry would have to turn into a Coatl to handle the magic. Many of the most powerful magic users in the history of the world were human. So there is no believable reason that a non-human body/nature would be required to deal with what happened to Harry.

These issues aside, the story is good, and I will continue to read the rest of what you have posted. Thanks for sharing your work, and please take my comments as constructive, they are intended that way.
vysirez chapter 5 . 10/25
Liking the story ok so far. I can see a lot of similarities with the Miranda Flairgold's Akren. This is a good thing since I really like those stories. So things look good so far, except one thing. The death rates for students you have listed here at the end of chapter 5, and overall. It's difficult for me to believe a school that has 50% death rates for attempting students would ever succeed. Over time people would stop trying.

I also have a problem with what that says about the teachers there. They would all have to be fairly immoral or amoral to accept death rates like that. Here in chapter 5, you have them indicating that a 20-30% or more death rate for students attempting to join the school is normal. This basically tells me that the faculty are not good people. So this is a school run be amoral and evil bastards. If it's not, then your death rates don't sync up. To be honest, I don't expect all the teachers are going to be evil bastards, so that tells me you didn't really think about what the death rates say about the faculty of the school.

It's not a huge problem with the story, I expect ultimately I will just ignore the numbers because they don't make sense, and continue to enjoy the story. But I felt like I should comment. If you adjusted things a bit, and had a few deaths, with most turning back here in chapter 5, that would make more sense. Then the death rates in school could be from bad decisions or bad luck with risky experiments.
More? Please? Addicted?
notsofrilly chapter 24 . 9/9
This turn sort of reminds me of that other harry-goes-to-another-school fic. The one written by Marigold... you know the one where they land back in time and live with some mountain tribe and there's a pandemic. Akren or something? That's a complement because that fic was AMAZING!
scarry0527 chapter 15 . 7/12
great story, so far.
Animelover2360 chapter 25 . 6/15
concentrate on getting better first the story will still be here when that's done.
Ciel Moony chapter 25 . 6/10
sailormewmewinuluver chapter 25 . 6/7
I hope u feel better now. As much as we'd all love to read White Out u getting better is more important than the story. I personally will just reread this story and your others till u feel up to writing white out. Will let u put in snippets from England in white out? I'm just curious what Remus and Sirius are getting in to. Keep up the awesome work and hope u feel better after surgery and a speedy recovery
Zale potter chapter 19 . 5/8
I hope Harry can go back to normal of doing real spell work and potions again soon.
Zale potter chapter 18 . 5/8
Wrysa are all i am thinking he got?
Zale potter chapter 17 . 5/8
Ok i hhope Hermione and Harry are ok and the bumbles just get a slap on the wrist or perhaps some bad luck of like missing them.
Zale potter chapter 16 . 5/8
ok so will he be taking elemental magic or something.?
Zale potter chapter 15 . 5/8
interesting .
Zale potter chapter 14 . 5/8
ok So she is going to another school different than Snowpoint.
1,720 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »