Reviews for Proprietary
MissMary chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
Interesting series of events. I enjoyed reading them
Crystal M. Key chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
That was delightful. Thanks! Favorite parts:

"You saved—"

"Do not be absurd." He reaches under his armor, and pulls out a ball of black fur that slowly uncurls himself. "There was a kitten. I am fond of kittens. Think no more of it."

Thor is fighting a smile. When he reaches out to pet the animal, though, he is completely solemn. "A handsome creature, to be sure, brother. He shall be a most loyal and noble companion."

"Undoubtedly." The response is imperious.

Barton, Rodgers, and the surrounding SHIELD agents are watching the exchange, bug-eyed.

"I, too, am fond of kittens. Perhaps I might be allowed to visit?"

Thor has always been a poor liar. Thor has no predilection for felines.

Knowing it is a falsehood, however, does not prevent Loki from appreciating Thor's most recent attempt of his never-ending quest to reach out to the dark haired prince.

The warm feeling in his chest certainly does not hurt either.

"Perhaps," he acknowledges, and Thor's face alights with joy.

He transports away in a haze of green smoke. If there is a small smile tugging at his lips as he does so, does it really matter?

...

"So what's the excuse this time? It's Mommy's birthday tomorrow, and you don't want to ruin it by forcing Thor to return to Earth so he can join in my search party?"

Loki blinks.

"No," he manages, because how in the Allfather's name did Stark guess that?

...

"Hey!" There is a mischievous glint in Stark's eyes, but the words are earnest. "I still owe you that drink. Feel free to collect it at your convenience."

Green meet brown, and their gazes lock. Loki offers a short nod and is gone.

It is a Wednesday, a few months later.

The Avengers are sprawled across couches in Stark Tower when it happens. One second there is nothing. The next, Loki is standing in their midst, wearing casual Asgardian clothing, and holding a black kitten in his arms.

In an instant, the group, minus Thor and Stark, are on their feet, in a fighting stance.

Loki, meanwhile, is the very personification of insouciance. "You might want to have your security revamped."

Stark shrugs helplessly. "What're you going to do? Performance issues."

Loki grins. "I can imagine." He strolls past Thor, on his way to the bar, and drops the cat into the blond's lap. "If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now."

The rest of the Avengers stare in disbelief as Stark joins the demigod, engaging him in light banter.

Even with his back to him, Loki can feel Thor beaming.

He cannot bring himself to mind.
Artificial Life Creator chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
In Jane's segment, Pepper's spelled with a little 'p'; In Steve's segment, in the paragraph where Loki "wants to shout and scream and lecture the captain and /then/ after reassuring himself..." I think the sentences are in the wrong order- Would Loki reprimand Steve because he's still thinking he's Thor?

Gotta love Stark. Nicely done dude.
Izzyaro chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
This is brilliant. The characterisations of Loki and the Avengers are all perfect, and I love the ending. Great job!
Mystic 777 chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
(suddenly wants to hunt down the candy land comic) *grin* This was really awesome. I like how you put the characters together. For some reason, Natasha's part cracked me up the most. Lost in a sewer, the agents just lost.
T. Alana M chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
Will there be a sequel? :)
CLOSED FOR NOW chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
I think this was the first Avengers fic I read, and one of my favourites. :D I love how this is light and nice and funny while still serious and hopeful. And I love the gradual redemption of Loki. :) So many Loki redemption fics make him a completely different person than he was in the movies.
Sam-Jo2013 chapter 1 . 4/29/2013
This is a pure work of genius. You captured the personas of each character spot on. I enjoyed reading this very much. :)
NoCreativityHere chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
I'm in love with this story... Please write more avengers!
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
"He's allergic to milk," Stark says softly, almost to himself. "Bruce has anaphylaxis, because you," he turns an accusing glare onto the god of mischief, "fed him ice-cream!"
Darn. Hulk Is Allergic To Milk?
He tells himself that the cheese-less pizza and get well card he has delivered to Banner later that night is nothing more than a trick to mess with the Avenger's minds.
Hilarious.
It is far more likely that said criminal would find himself being thrown out a window for harming one of the Avengers – he means infringing upon Loki's plans – than in a partnership with the demigod.
Amused.
"You think to lecture me?" He is bemused. "What do I care for Thor and his pathetic nostalgia?" "You care enough to have come all this way to save me!"
Loki cares not for Thor. Loki cares for the challenge Avengers give him. If somebody else takes them out... Loki will not have his challenge.
But if he ran into any of the SHIELD agents who sent the captain into the building in the first place… well, he isn't going to picky.
Why was Steve sent into the building?
"all-the-while retaining a thorough enough grasp of his surroundings to notice a master-spy trying to sneak up on him – if you shoot that arrow at me, Barton, I will plunge this building on the both of you, I do so swear!"
Amusing.
Thor has always been a poor liar. Thor has no predilection for felines.
Yes. Thor is a big puppy. Fluffy.
"No need to look so surprised, Severus Snape," Stark smirks, leaning back against the wall, the very picture of relaxation, despite the bruises coloring his face and the unnatural bent of his left arm.
Would you be surprised to hear that Severus Snape in HP universe and Loki in Avengers universe are two of my favourite characters?
Apt comparison. Stern, considered evil, highly skilled crafter, master of disguise, hiding his emotions, and overprotective of his 'enemies'.
"So what's the excuse this time? It's Mommy's birthday tomorrow, and you don't want to ruin it by forcing Thor to return to Earth?" Loki blinks. "No," he manages, because how in the Allfather's name did Stark guess that?
Amused.
He is remembering why Stark is his least favorite of the Avengers. The man reminds Loki far too much of himself, and the similarity isn't due to his sarcastic tongue or exasperating ability to get under people's skins. It is because all of the above is simply an act to mask the wounded fragility and sensitive vulnerability hidden beneath, because the arrogant indifference both project so well is nothing more than a cover for their deep-rooted insecurities.
No wonder FrostIron is popular.
A pity the story is complete. Is there a sequel?
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck.
Self-Inflicted Insanity chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Eheheheh this is awesome! I loved it! And the ending... *-*
Awesome work!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
I Love this Fic. I think you've got the characters down very well.
Peeves' best friend chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Ah, this was wonderful! I know this is very much late, but I just wanted to congratulate you and thank you for a wonderful fic, which managed to capture Loki so very well. You also did great with Tony, which is a definite plus. Not that fond of the other characters, so I can't really say how well you caught them (though I reckon you did a pretty damn great job). This was really good, and I enjoyed Loki's subtle conversion over the interactions. Once again, kudos to you.
Angelfabeth chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
Amazing work with this! I love the way Loki is in complete denial about his feelings :) I really enjoyed reading this!
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
My god, this is literally pure awesome.
140 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »