Reviews for Fear of Feeling
Mike chapter 52 . 3/22
I hope you know this is one of the most amazing things I have ever read. I cannot even begin to process this, like, I shared it with friends and basically squealed during lunch and spent a good 20 minutes hopping around in a circle just chittering about how cute a lot of this is and how much I love it. Holy crap, I mean, this is amazing! A fic, my favorite so far of basically everything I have ever read.
Egg Emperor chapter 52 . 3/6
This is an amazing novelization of OoT, quite simply the best one I've encountered and likely the best one period. I concede that there 'might' be better ones - though I kind of highly doubt it - but if they exist they are probably Zelda is Sheik or ZeLink and I don't read many of those stories. That being said, I have to ask a few questions. Is Sheik's family still going to play a role or has that idea been discarded? I know you mentioned his brother would be someone important, but it was so long ago I'm not sure if you've dropped that idea. Secondly, how do you plan the whole being sent back in Time thing? It seems that, at least in your narration, that isn't part of the plan - I've read versions of OoT where returning Link to the past was something that was intended or prophesied from the start, rather being a spur of the moment and universe altering "kindness"/paradox inducing bad idea on Zelda's part - plus seeing Zelda understands that Link loves Sheik I'd doubt she'd do something to take him away. You could always go with the Sheik dying in the final battle bit - and therefore being alive in the past - which I've seen before as well. I'd really prefer you didn't since the past Sheik is a completely different person who has no experience or love of Link, it's like falling in love with a clone. Finally what is the reasoning behind trying to sneak Link into Ganon's Tower? I know it's far more realistic, but if you intend to have the Zelda crystal kidnapping from the Temple of Time as in the game, it really defeats the purpose, since that was as much to lure/force Link to come to his tower and fight him as it was for Ganondorf to capture Zelda and the Triforce of Wisdom. Finally I really hope you complete this story because otherwise this entire review is mostly moot and then I look like an ass for posting a non praising review on the last chapter of a story. So please don't make me a donkey's posterior, it would smell bad.
Sincerely,
-Johannes, The Egg Emperor
Egg Emperor chapter 12 . 3/4
Morpha in ice form was so much more threatening that it was just in the temple. Wish it had still been the Ice temple so we could have fought it in a form like you described.
Egg Emperor chapter 6 . 3/3
Love this story, just re-reading it again as company on a rainy night. What was the poem that went with the lantern when you got in it in A Link to the Past? 'On a dark and lonely Night, use it for a gentle Light.' Always loved that; in this case your story is the lantern. Also you are not a Malon fan are you? Not that I mind, it's just that she seemed far more concerned about Ingo than about Link. I could be wrong and you were just trying to convey the fact that she's in shock.
Sincerely,
-Johannes
Failisse chapter 52 . 10/20/2015
I cannot tell you how much I love this story! This fic has put me through the wringer in terms of the emotional ups and downs. I feel so connected to the character's plight and feelings that it's hard not to cry when they cry, or laugh when they laugh. I am enjoying this story so much and I hope there will be more to read of it soon. I hope so badly for a happy ending for these two. They have been through so much together, they deserve happiness. And I seriously hope Sheik will knock some heads together to get the camp to see that he deserves respect. I mean, seriously, how petty of them to be concerned about skin color when there is a war going on. And after all, Sheik saved their hides so many times and how do they repay him? Not to mention the more they dismiss Sheik the more they push away their hero who is so very in love with his beloved Sheikah. In any case, I just want them to get their happy ending. And I can't wait for the next chapter. Please update again soon! I look forward to reading more of this story! ;D
wijacoo chapter 52 . 9/30/2015
That's why my computers all run Linux. The bad design of most laptop computers running Windows is the reason my next laptop will be a Macbook Pro. The air inlet on those is the keyboard, not a port on the bottom which sucks in dust and dirt, turning the CPU and GPU cooler into a glorified dryer lint trap. Oh, by the way, Link being open and scolding peoples' ignorance was wonderful!
Audrey chapter 52 . 8/24/2015
I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH ITS BEEN ONE OF MY FAVORITES SINCE 2012 this is like Christmas omg omg omg omg pls dont give up on this story. i love u. pls.
Dead Moon Circus chapter 52 . 8/7/2015
That's why every single thing I do goes to Dropbox... I totally understand you.
This was a sweet and comforting chapter, which means the troubles are near us. At least, I know I will always remember Sheik's birthday while the doom lasts. Thank you for your effort and time, getting back your stories for us. n-n
P.S.: Sheik SO stole my heart when he appreciated the drawing! :3
pikatwins234 chapter 52 . 7/9/2015
Great chapter, and I understand your feelings. In my case, I have been unable to post because my main computer kept freezing when so much as logging on. I finally got my stories moved over to my laptop a month ago, meaning that I can finally post the next chapters to my story soon.
PurpleSundown chapter 52 . 7/9/2015
Sorry to hear that about your computer. Although I can say this chapter may not have had action but it was amazing! Well worth the unintentional wait, and can't wait until the next chapter!
My Sweet Oblivion chapter 52 . 7/8/2015
I'm sorry to hear about that. After losing everything from three computers crashing, I started storing everything in Google drive. If I need to save something important, it goes there. I literally backed up my entire hard drive on it right before my last computer crashed, so that time I didn't lose anything except for a scene in my book that I can't seem to recreate, but oh well.
Smileey chapter 51 . 5/31/2015
When wil you update the amazingness that is this story? It has been two months and I am dying to know what happens next! Pleeeeease update!
AnnoyingSword217 chapter 51 . 3/1/2015
I can't type a super long review. I have things to do and a boyfriend to beat on video games. So, I'll make this brief. Super excited that you updated! I won't go away. Just saying. I really love your story. A wait doesn't make me leave a story. It makes me want to read it even more. (Not that I don't enjoy when I can read straight through several chapters.) And the wait isn't a problem when the chapters are of a great size. Nice and big. How I like 'em! But can't seem to do myself...

I love the story behind Neema! Been waiting for that. I hate how the soldiers treat anyone that isn't Hylian. They need to be punished. I'm hoping for the moment when the battle is over and everyone is celebrating. Then Link kisses Sheik in front of them. It would be so cliche and awesome! Not that it has to happen... I love whatever you write.

Okay... This kinda turned long... Longer than I was thinking of making it. I'm happy you updated, okay! It makes me want to tell you what a great job you're doing. Sooooo... Great job!

Your devoted and faithful fan,
Annoying :)
Flightless Fish chapter 51 . 3/1/2015
AHHH YOU UPDATED! But seriously, we all have times when we’re too busy or the words just don’t come and I completely understand that, so no worries :)

I actually found this story about a month ago, while desperately searching through EVERYTHING trying to find quality shink fics, and holy cow did I find the best of the best! I mean, I love every bit of this, but in particular I really, really love your Sheik. We never get much personality, especially with the whole Zelda thing, so it can be difficult to get him down just right so that he feels like Sheik without seeming two-dimensional or boring, and lemme tell you, you nailed it! Words cannot properly describe just how much I adore Sheik in this story.

And Link! Link is almost as hard, I think, since he doesn’t ever—his personality is our personality, so how do you write him in a way that everyone can agree with? Plus, OoT!Link is even harder, thanks to the whole “seven years.” (Thank you ever so much for that, Rauru.) But I really feel like this Link is a perfect mix of ten- and seventeen-years-old, let alone sassy and noble. (Because I REFUSE to believe that Link doesn’t have a little (or a lot) of attitude.)

AND THEN THE PLOT! I don’t know how you manage to make it both a retelling of the game and YET SO ORIGINAL AND SO INTERESTING GOSH. I cannot WAIT to find out where this is all going!

Okay, okay, I’ll stop rambling now, but I really, really love this story, so I told myself that my first review at the very least had to be long. (And hopefully good, but that’s not for me to say.) Last thing—I actually got an account specifically so I could follow this very story—and also this magnificent author, of course, even if I somehow managed to forget to, y’know, favorite both. Because I’m an idiot sometimes lmao.

Hope your week goes well!
Flightless Fish
LadyBee82 chapter 51 . 2/28/2015
I love the training bit, how both of them are learning each other's personalities, patience and all of that, I think it's great. What is also great is how Sheik is opening himself to Link, how their relationship is growing and how close they're becoming to each other. I loved Neema's story, very unique and different. You are doing an amazing job!