Reviews for Fear of Feeling
Skicke chapter 47 . 8/19
I've been reading this story for years, it seems, and i really hope you would continue and finish it some day.
Take your time though. Inspiration is hard to come by sometimes and i don't want you to feel forced. You are an excellet writer and your story is ridiculously good, it would be great to finally know what happens in the end and not just speculate, but take your time.
This story has been in my bookmarks for years and it can stay there for a few more. And if this story doesn't interest you anymore, I hope you continue writing because you really do have a talent in it.
WiJaCoo chapter 1 . 5/26
I hope you continue writing this story, it's been over a year and would love for you to finish it when you can.
Something Unpretty chapter 2 . 4/19
God, re-reading this for the first time in a while, and I keep finding myself thinking, "He's basically a kid, Sheik. No matter what his body looks like, he has the mentality of a fucking child. He's going to cry easily, he's going to seem kind of blank because he's still learning how to process things (and he was always a quiet kid to begin with *cough*silentmaincharacterissilent*cough*). He's going to want to know where his bestie is, and he's not going to understand a lot of things. He may be intelligent and mature for his (mental) age, but there are some things he's just not going to get."

I like how you acknowledge his childish-ness, but more people need to realize that he's a child in a man's body that's suddenly realizing that he's got a lot of responsibility that's just been handed to him.

I also hate the "you should be honored" thing. Yeah, I'm honored that I was chosen before I was even born to miss seven years of what's supposed to be the most important developmental part of my life, risk what's left of my life, just to rescue a princess I don't really know, and either die in battle or live a quiet, sad life alone because I was put on a pedestal, put in the spotlight, and not given any time to learn about the real world and how to live outside of going from temple to temple to fight fucking bosses.

The video game doesn't bother me much because it's just a game, but from a story-telling standpoint, the whole "you were chosen by the Gods, and thus have no choice in your fate" has always been tough for me to swallow.

Overall, I enjoy the story, but when it gets down to the nitty gritty, I just feel so sorry for Link.
koroin chapter 53 . 4/1
I really hope this updates soon! Such a good story.. I usually wait to read fanfocs until they are complete but I was super anxious to read this.. thank you for writing this
Mein-Herz-Brennt chapter 7 . 3/31
I absolutely love this. Your writing style is amazing, Sheik's character is awesome, and I am super excited to keep reading the next forty-six chapters. Wonderful work! :D
Mike chapter 52 . 3/22/2016
I hope you know this is one of the most amazing things I have ever read. I cannot even begin to process this, like, I shared it with friends and basically squealed during lunch and spent a good 20 minutes hopping around in a circle just chittering about how cute a lot of this is and how much I love it. Holy crap, I mean, this is amazing! A fic, my favorite so far of basically everything I have ever read.
Egg Emperor chapter 52 . 3/6/2016
This is an amazing novelization of OoT, quite simply the best one I've encountered and likely the best one period. I concede that there 'might' be better ones - though I kind of highly doubt it - but if they exist they are probably Zelda is Sheik or ZeLink and I don't read many of those stories. That being said, I have to ask a few questions. Is Sheik's family still going to play a role or has that idea been discarded? I know you mentioned his brother would be someone important, but it was so long ago I'm not sure if you've dropped that idea. Secondly, how do you plan the whole being sent back in Time thing? It seems that, at least in your narration, that isn't part of the plan - I've read versions of OoT where returning Link to the past was something that was intended or prophesied from the start, rather being a spur of the moment and universe altering "kindness"/paradox inducing bad idea on Zelda's part - plus seeing Zelda understands that Link loves Sheik I'd doubt she'd do something to take him away. You could always go with the Sheik dying in the final battle bit - and therefore being alive in the past - which I've seen before as well. I'd really prefer you didn't since the past Sheik is a completely different person who has no experience or love of Link, it's like falling in love with a clone. Finally what is the reasoning behind trying to sneak Link into Ganon's Tower? I know it's far more realistic, but if you intend to have the Zelda crystal kidnapping from the Temple of Time as in the game, it really defeats the purpose, since that was as much to lure/force Link to come to his tower and fight him as it was for Ganondorf to capture Zelda and the Triforce of Wisdom. Finally I really hope you complete this story because otherwise this entire review is mostly moot and then I look like an ass for posting a non praising review on the last chapter of a story. So please don't make me a donkey's posterior, it would smell bad.
Sincerely,
-Johannes, The Egg Emperor
Egg Emperor chapter 12 . 3/4/2016
Morpha in ice form was so much more threatening that it was just in the temple. Wish it had still been the Ice temple so we could have fought it in a form like you described.
Egg Emperor chapter 6 . 3/3/2016
Love this story, just re-reading it again as company on a rainy night. What was the poem that went with the lantern when you got in it in A Link to the Past? 'On a dark and lonely Night, use it for a gentle Light.' Always loved that; in this case your story is the lantern. Also you are not a Malon fan are you? Not that I mind, it's just that she seemed far more concerned about Ingo than about Link. I could be wrong and you were just trying to convey the fact that she's in shock.
Sincerely,
-Johannes
Failisse chapter 52 . 10/20/2015
I cannot tell you how much I love this story! This fic has put me through the wringer in terms of the emotional ups and downs. I feel so connected to the character's plight and feelings that it's hard not to cry when they cry, or laugh when they laugh. I am enjoying this story so much and I hope there will be more to read of it soon. I hope so badly for a happy ending for these two. They have been through so much together, they deserve happiness. And I seriously hope Sheik will knock some heads together to get the camp to see that he deserves respect. I mean, seriously, how petty of them to be concerned about skin color when there is a war going on. And after all, Sheik saved their hides so many times and how do they repay him? Not to mention the more they dismiss Sheik the more they push away their hero who is so very in love with his beloved Sheikah. In any case, I just want them to get their happy ending. And I can't wait for the next chapter. Please update again soon! I look forward to reading more of this story! ;D
wijacoo chapter 52 . 9/30/2015
That's why my computers all run Linux. The bad design of most laptop computers running Windows is the reason my next laptop will be a Macbook Pro. The air inlet on those is the keyboard, not a port on the bottom which sucks in dust and dirt, turning the CPU and GPU cooler into a glorified dryer lint trap. Oh, by the way, Link being open and scolding peoples' ignorance was wonderful!
Audrey chapter 52 . 8/24/2015
I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH ITS BEEN ONE OF MY FAVORITES SINCE 2012 this is like Christmas omg omg omg omg pls dont give up on this story. i love u. pls.
El Campanario chapter 52 . 8/7/2015
That's why every single thing I do goes to Dropbox... I totally understand you.
This was a sweet and comforting chapter, which means the troubles are near us. At least, I know I will always remember Sheik's birthday while the doom lasts. Thank you for your effort and time, getting back your stories for us. n-n
P.S.: Sheik SO stole my heart when he appreciated the drawing! :3
pikatwins234 chapter 52 . 7/9/2015
Great chapter, and I understand your feelings. In my case, I have been unable to post because my main computer kept freezing when so much as logging on. I finally got my stories moved over to my laptop a month ago, meaning that I can finally post the next chapters to my story soon.
PurpleSundown chapter 52 . 7/9/2015
Sorry to hear that about your computer. Although I can say this chapter may not have had action but it was amazing! Well worth the unintentional wait, and can't wait until the next chapter!