Reviews for Infinite Stratos: Inevitability
KH-Hardcorefan4483 chapter 6 . 9/25/2013
Nice, but when will you put Cecilia in the story?
KH-Hardcorefan4483 chapter 5 . 9/25/2013
Two down, four left.
KH-Hardcorefan4483 chapter 4 . 9/25/2013
Whoa! A battle royale between 1 IS and 6 ACs? I wonder if the IS is none other than "her"

Since I only played ACFA in AC4 series, I want to as something: Is Berlioz actually a woman in AC4?
KH-Hardcorefan4483 chapter 3 . 9/25/2013
he just laughed, "Well yes, supposedly the IS have AIs contained within their cores as well.

Change the word IS into AC. Other than that it's nice to see Ravens/LYNXs are enrolled in IS Academy, say are the ACs could be stored like IS or in this case just Direwolf?

This is just a wild guess, but if Direwolf is an AC from Arisawa, then wouldn't that make it/him as heavyweight tank leg AC?
KH-Hardcorefan4483 chapter 2 . 9/25/2013
Okay okay, now I think I get lost a bit... Did you mix the AC from PS2 and PS3 series? because the corporations that aforementioned before are from AC4 and ACFA.

Sooo Thermidor or Ostdarva here wouldn't be a some kind of resistance rebel leader again... right?
KH-Hardcorefan4483 chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
First of all I have some questions:

1. Why didn't you categorize this as a crossover?

2. What are the parts of Direwolf?

Nice prologue by the way.
Velshard chapter 13 . 4/15/2013
An interesting story overall and especially enjoyable for me since I've been a fan of the armored core series since the PSone days, 'Master of Arena' being the first game I owned though not the first I played. I'm curious to know though just how exactly the ACs you've come up with are piloted though, from how you've described them in combat they can't be a traditional powered exoskeleton, otherwise the destruction of the extremities would have fatal consequences for the pilots. I assume the cores contain a dedicated cockpit block, but if that's the case ACs would be significantly larger than most IS, averaging around 5 meters in height while a typical IS is only about 2.5 - 3 meters depending on the pilot's height and the dimensions of the IS.
Axcel chapter 13 . 3/18/2013
This is an awesome fic! Looking forward to chapter 14! :D And I'm guessing the reason for the shockingly low number of reviews for such a good fic is because most people don't know it exists. Besides, who would have thought someone could make such a smooth melding of IS and Armored Core of all things?
cj1of4 chapter 13 . 1/25/2013
Fairly Good Story, I was almost expecting Talbane to try to turn Ichika's AC into a AC/IS hybrid. Not sure if that would be possible, but it would be scary.

Also I can't tell if his sister is interested in a romantic relationship with Ichika or if she is just very jealous of her time with the brother she has been separated from for years.
Kanadechan3697 chapter 13 . 12/29/2012
Very interesting but i want more to see what happens when ichika trys out his new setup :D
foldguy24 chapter 13 . 12/27/2012
Nice chapter. And thanks for addressing me!

I honestly think that Ichika needs to familiarize himself with everything about the AC (not just the AC parts but the tactics and strategies he can use with it) especially if he's going into battle. Warfare is like free-flowing water. A situation in any combat scenario doesn't stay the same in the entire time. One action in any point of the battle can change it either for the good or the worst prompting to change tactics and plans to either take advantage (if the situation is good) or remedy (if the situation end up turning bad) it. Consequently, I think Ichika needs to build a much closer bond with AI Direwolf so he can have somebody "watch his back" during battle. After all, fighting in unison yields better performance than fighting alone.

That killer blade that Ichika mounted on his AC is not needed at the moment in practical terms. He's still not experienced enough to wield it in battle although he can use it as a last resort when everything is exhausted (in the worst case scenario, it can even end up as a liability to him). However, I think it is best to use in situations where a hit can be ensured and the enemy to be taken down in one hit. I also think that he should use those flash rockets more often in battle.

Also, I do wonder what the UN is going to find from the ACs that Laura downed in this chapter though I'm going to bet that they'll be shocked on what they will discover (i.e. the AC have a complex design on par with that of the IS if not more complicated and, despite that complexity, is much easier to build as it isn't suffering from the fact that only one person can build its important component like how Tabane did with the IS core).

Also, it will be kinda funny IMO if more ACs and other combat units like tanks and helicopters showed up when the recovery teams are about to get their hands on the intact but downed ACs and opened fire on them in a box-in tactic (those recovery teams eventually got killed in the process). Laura will be forced to flee empty handed much to the UN's chagrin (if they really did this). The only faction that I think will do this is Phantom Task (heck, they're goo at stealing IS).

PS: The Schwarzer Regen maybe deadly but the Silver Gospel is deadlier for three reasons. One, it is FASTER (and much more maneuverable due to its streamlined design). Two, it has a super AI which takes over if the pilot is incapacitated/losses consciousness. And three, it has a spread attack which is even HARDER to dodge (dodging a single railgun shot speeding to you at Mach 7 is easier than dodging a hard-hitting storm of energy balls that will fly EVERYWHERE).

Update soon.
Happerry chapter 13 . 12/25/2012
This is a very nice story, and even though I don't know anything about the two games/animes you are crossing over I must say I like the world you are building here. If Orimura Ichika is going into design work, is he goes to make any new parts himself? For some reason I think he'd enjoy using some Slash Harken rockets. (From Code Geass)

Looking forwards to the next chapter with eagerness.
Matchstick800 chapter 13 . 12/21/2012
Great chapter. Tabane's generator sounds suspiciously similar to the Ho Vital in ACV. That laser blade... He should have held off on that until he was more experienced. And rail guns? I can see them giving some people issues, but I've always been more of a speed player, long range Artilary tends to miss at those speeds... But seeing Ichika try to handle it will be amusing. Can't wait for the next chapter!
foldguy24 chapter 12 . 12/20/2012
All I can say here is that ACs definitely pawn ISs in combat for several reasons. One, the ravens are far more experienced in combat than IS pilots (including the cadet reps). Second, the AC's armor is strong enough to shrug off IS attacks. And three, almost every single AC-grade weaponry can obliterate an IS when they hit enough.

For Tabane, trying to get the monopoly she started with the IS will be too hard. Even if she did managed to create her own AC, I doubt if she can get her monopoly back. The reason is that AC tech is widely distributed among the countries that participated by a wide margin and those countries are likely be able to produce their own ACs without any external help on their own. From how you depicted the AC, it looks like that ACs are cheaper to produce but more powerful and efficient compared to the IS. This is going to be one big challenge for Tabane. If this keeps up, I won't be surprised if the UNSC members end up abandoning their IS research slowly until they completely switched to AC research and production.

Anyways, update ASAP.
Reader chapter 12 . 12/14/2012
Good story but I miss Ichika's IS Byakushiki and its core, really in his place i would like to have a cute girl and her armored onee-san as an AI (like in the novel) rather than this mechanical AI -thing. Being able to pilot an IS made him rather unique male (weak but unique), in this story he is rather disapointing - weak, not unique, beaten by Dan despite having his AC much longer.
Tabane could be trying to combine IS an AC as a test project, she lost the monopoly on the IS and only way for her to be in the lead is to get seriously involved in the AC development- this means that Houki won't get an IS rather an IS/AC hybrid. The story is good but some characters (Tabane, Chifuyu ..) are geting pushed to be an OC characters.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »