Reviews for Steal Away Home
FenZev chapter 35 . 8/19/2014
I love how your plot weaves ;)
FenZev chapter 34 . 8/18/2014
Awww yay engagement, and everyone safe and sound ;)
FenZev chapter 33 . 6/6/2014
Whole lot to process in this chapter, as always you intrigue me!
FenZev chapter 32 . 4/4/2014
Two of my favorites travelling together, such fun to read. I like the idea of the rocks, never would've thought of something to brilliant and entirely possible in this type of world. And of course, the betrothed, best ever ;)
FenZev chapter 31 . 2/4/2014
I love the amount of detail and backstory you continue to bring to these characters!
FenZev chapter 30 . 1/18/2014
I both love and hate her stubborness sometimes lol, but I'm glad Aeryn was able to open up a bit more. These two have so much together, share so much, and really compliment each other without even realizing it. As much as she tries to fight it, she needs his love to keep her sane I feel, and I think he understands that about her better than anyone.
GlysMari chapter 30 . 1/10/2014
Tastefully written. Beautifully rendered. Lovingly presented. I think you are correct about the chapter aiding in the development of the characters and their relationship. Very well done.
FenZev chapter 29 . 12/30/2013
Oh he'll forgive her. He has to, or I'm gonna have to jump into this story and smack a brother ;)
FenZev chapter 28 . 10/20/2013
Leave it to Varric to get the ball rolling..love it ;)
xBlackStars chapter 28 . 10/19/2013
Loved it; well written like always! Can't wait for the next chapter - keep up the good work!
GlysMari chapter 28 . 10/18/2013
Patience is a virtue. I know this is true because (as Bodahn would say)... 'Ah, you have returned'.
And with a very good chapter, if I do say so myself.
jasminemilktea83 chapter 19 . 10/8/2013
I'd really liked to have been able to read Bethany at the Satinalia ball and with Fenris after, more than Aeryn & Sebastian again. I think they're interesting and I hope they develop slowly? Considering they are each ending a previous relationship and neither seems the type to just jump to another quickly. But I love their interactions.
Guest chapter 11 . 10/6/2013
The scene with Fenris and the kids was adorable as well as hilarious. Very nicely done. I also would like to say that I enjoy your Merrill. She's matured by the end of the game after the experience she's gained and you show it well, with her ways of plying Macie when needed, her keeping her blood magic discreet, etc. Her visit to Mahariel's grave was very sweet. I like the way you write her.
jasminemilktea chapter 2 . 10/4/2013
Fenris' first line cracked me up. Loved it.

Oh, Anders, you SOB. I couldn't believe his gall going for Fenris' markings and how they were used by Danarius. I get the feeling he wants to know if he can use them to create an opportunity for escape. I do think that if anything, Anders is a brilliant escape artist. At this point he had escaped the circle so many times, the Grey Wardens, and eluded capture for a good span of maybe ten years in Kirkwall, with such a strong Templar presence. He had to have been an absolute expert. Hawke should used magebane on him, or something. He's going to get away too easily.

I think the hints you've put in about his current mindset and character create a delicious suspense as to what will happen. During the game it's shocking just how nasty he starts to be in conversation with the others, even Aveline (as if you can find a reason to be nasty to Aveline!). You can really see that he is not the same loveable, affable guy anymore. It's almost like his heart is completely gone or diseased.

Incidentally, I always find it weird when there are post-game fics where Anders is fine and everybody seems cool with him. I can't see any realistic way for that to happen.

I can't wait to see what happens next.
jasminemilktea chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
I like this story already. I think your Sebastian shows a lot of maturity that it's only natural he would have post game. I think the scene of Isabela noticing changes in him was cool. You've also successfully showed him as quite the sexy prince and lover, here. He's good-hearted but his moments of pride, irritation, lust, and flrtatious talk went a long way to show there's more to him than simply a religious guy who shoots arrows. Often in fic he's rather flat and boring.

I find it sweet that you show how Hawke and Fenris trust and care for each other as friends and companions. I am a big fan of stories that show being able to maintain your friendships even after becoming a couple.. I loved the line where Hawke says she learned how not to hate from Fenris. It rang very true for me and made a lot of sense. Sometimes you know someone who has tendencies or habits and being around it makes you realize you want to change that about yourself, whether it's that you realize you want to be more or less like that... it's easier to see a solution to someone else's problem, sometimes, and then apply it to yourself. I find the idea that it wasn't only Hawke helping and teaching Fenris, but vice versa as well very appealing.

I thought your Anders acting bitter and petulant almost was very accurate. Varric's gesture of patting Merrill to comfort her was quiet and sweet. They are such great friends... his cynicism and love of mild lying and greed is balanced well by her innocence and guilelessness. At some of the party banter, I can't help thinking he seems to develop a special soft spot for her. Maybe simply platonic or brotherly, maybe she is a good replacement for the family and race that he's lost his connections to. feelings for her that he may never act on. Or I can also see Varric having a bit of romantic feelings towards her that he is too guarded and jaded to act on...

Last but not least, I thought the bit about Hawke realizing going to Chantry would help Sebastian and Bethany feel better was really nice. It shows her thoughtfulness and closeness to them. I have thought before that Bethany sure talks about the Maker and Andraste more than the other party members, in my opinion she seems the most religious of all the Hawkes. I've thought before how well she would have gotten along with Sebastian. I love the banter between them in the expansion packs.

Reading on with interest!