Reviews for Descendants of the Past
ExodusARenfield chapter 3 . 3/20/2013
And so Drosselmeyer makes his appearance. I'm in agreement. This story will definitely be more...interesting and so the stage is set...lets us see what plays out and what conflict intensifies. A wonderful chapter.
Ern Estine 13624 chapter 3 . 3/17/2013
interesting can't wait for more.;D
James Birdsong chapter 3 . 3/12/2013
Cool three chapters
Fahiru chapter 3 . 3/10/2013
I'm so glad It's finally returned

Your opening story was just beautiful, and very thought provoking. I too will find so many flaws in my appearance, just like Rue, and I always wonder why no one else seems to see how ugly I can be. I think that when it comes to that, how well you know a person affects their physical attractiveness as well as charisma. Since we know what darkness(es?) lie inside ourselves and are often frustrated at our inability to purify it(usually from corrupted or incorrect motivation) we find our appearances much less attractive as well. And ramblings etc.

Rue is always a very interesting character for me. I almost never look for fan fictions on her, partially because I love Fakia/Ahiru the most, and partially because I feel like I already understand her character and do not need to delve in much further; although I do have a yet-to-be-published fic on her myself. The way I see it, Rue is who I see myself as, but Ahiru is who I would like to be. That still sounds a little full-of-it, anyway you look at it, I am definitely not half as cool as Rue, I can just relate to her feelings.

I liked having Anteaterina in this, having her as the maid subtly puts your mind at ease because she is now on much better terms with Rue, although the sempai/admirer relationship still carried over, it was done well.

Da! The Ravens are really scary! I just saw Oz the other day, and the raid scene from this reminds me of what happened to the China Village. Super freaky.

Mytho really is an interesting character, he is so wonderfully portrayed as an empty shell, and later as a person with a lopsided heart, but in the tiny bit that we finally see his true self HE IS SO COOL. When you finally see the product of all Tutu's hard work and suffering, it pays off so well. Ikuko Itoh's writing really is just incredible.

And I'm so glad you looked into the music! The more you look into it, the more you realize what a massive amount of effort and time was invested in this show that they weren't even able to finish! It's incredible... Did you look into Nördlingen too?

Thank YOU for taking the time to respond. -

-Fahiru

P.s. I totally know what you mean with school, I'm three weeks behind on my next chapter because of all the homework and extracurricular events. Good luck!
Lermaniac4Life chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
Finally! An update! This story never ceases to amaze. I believe it is because of your unique writing style. Keep it up.
Yeah chapter 2 . 1/2/2013
Would be great if you continue!
K-chan's Kisses chapter 2 . 12/22/2012
Loved it. That's all I can really say.
Lermaniac4life chapter 2 . 12/10/2012
Sorry. I wasn't done ranting. I accidentally hit the post button. The long and short of it is great story. I look forward to reading more from you in the future. I now have more hope in this generation.
Lermaniac4life chapter 2 . 12/10/2012
I Apologize in advance for grammatical errors, for I am about to go on a rant. I know this is only the second chapter but I really like the story development. I read chapter one again and I loved it. I found a lot of meaning in your quote "Failure isn't the route we wish for, but sometimes it can lead us to our destiny." I love the way you are corresponding everything. I usually don't read stories from this sight so much anymore due to the fact that people rush through their stories. There is barely any depth that catches my attention. However, you put in detail and description
Fahiru chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
It was very good.

I really liked the beginning story, does that come from anything or did you invent it? It reminds me a bit of the original version of The Little Mermaid.

I like how you've developed Fakia(sorry, it's the only spelling I'll use, I really dislike calling him "Fakir"), he's a very strong and determined character, yet he has SO much room for growth in his maturity. Just like in the anime.

Some of the wording was a bit odd and repetitive, but I cannot claim to have never had this problem myself, so I won't push it.

Ahiru has a great introduction. Haha! You couldn't help but add Neko-Sensei, could you? It's very difficult to not work him in somehow, but you've done it better than some, so I'm not complaining.

It seems like you've got your whole story already mapped out, so I won't make suggestions without request, other than this: it takes a while to get into it, but if you research some of the featured pieces and ballets from the anime, as well as some other romantic era music, it could help a lot with story devices and such. A great one to look into is the Nutcracker. Not just the ballet, but the original story.

Sorry, this has gotten a bit long about nothing, but I would like to see where you take this in the future, so until next time, I will patiently await the next release.

-Fahiru
Guest chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Good job I loved it! Ok we'll I'm off to read some shugo chara chow
Rebecca chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
I found this story amazing! You kept your story original while neatly fitting in the needed facts from Princess Tutu. The way you wrote the charterers was just brilliant too! Please, please, please write the next chapter as soon as you can! In the mean time I should read your other stories, I'm sure they're just as great.
Lermaniac 4 life chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
Cool story so far. If you continue like this it just might become my favorite. Keep up the good work :) please update soon!
ExodusARenfield chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Interesting to say the least. You should continue it.