Reviews for Imrahil's Daughters
Anon chapter 5 . 1/13/2014
What complicated webs we weave.. I'm actually very angry at Gliwen. You have to expound her side of the story a bit more.
Anon chapter 4 . 1/13/2014
She is making it worse. Even if the first admission would have caused a scandal, this can cause a war.
Anon chapter 3 . 1/12/2014
I don't like these compounding and complicated lies. I feel sorry for Lothiriel, she is going to feel awful when Eomer finds out the truth.
Anon chapter 2 . 1/12/2014
In a way I am grateful you did not go the she is secretly pregnant route :)
Anon chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
Oh! Are we headed for a lemon or two? A small piece of stolen pleasure and peace in the eye of the storm?
Borys68 chapter 4 . 12/14/2013
They should had used the "Gilven with baby" option.
Borys
Guest chapter 16 . 9/28/2013
Hi, I'm a very long time lurker (I've been reading your stories since you just started posting). I never review much but I just read this wonderful book called Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and it's inspired me to thank all my favorite fanfic writers for their wonderful work. I'm a huge fan of Tolkien and you're one of the few fanfic authors who manages to write your own stories and find your own voice in his world. Your Eomer and Lothiriel is one of my favorite romances now, in or outside of fanfiction. Also, I love how you continue to reinterpret the same characters in such a myriad of ways - I'm in awe of your imagination. Thanks for all you write!
Megz17 chapter 16 . 8/27/2013
Ivriniel in this story reminds me so much of my grandmother. She walked her own path and was cagey as all get out(which was a overwhelming challenge to all that stood between her and her goals)!
Another very enjoyable tale you have woven, many thanks!
annafan chapter 16 . 8/9/2013
I hope you're still checking your reviews. I've just come across this, and what a perfect piece of comedy it is! What a wonderful plot, and what a delightfully complicated tangle of deceit, all entered into for the best of reasons. It's like a Restoration Comedy. I also love the way you characterise Lothiriel and Eomer. Looking forward to any further fics you write, and also to tracking down your original story (if you find this and send me a link to it).
queenyuks chapter 16 . 6/8/2013
Such a lovely story
Saltwater chapter 16 . 6/1/2013
As usual, you have written a very lovely story that satisfies a deep, girly part of me immensely, a part that needs equal part romance and actually good writing - which can be surprisingly difficult to find. Your prose is well sculpted and reads very smoothly, and your characters and their interactions are always so good. You have this talent to really draw me into a story, have me standing right there with the characters, feeling what they feel. You are very good at connecting emotionally with the reader, honestly i often find myself clutching my laptop, boring holes into the screen with my eyes as you draw me through a particularly intense scene. Love the way you write, i really do!

I have to admit though, i started reading this a few months ago actually, and left fairly early into the chapters in a bit of a huff. I didnt find myself liking the premise of this entire story; that someone would create a lie like Lothiriel did seemed so extravagant to me, something that would happen only in Romantic Comedies, of which i am not generally a fan of. There was just something about the idea of someone behaving like that which quite annoyed me, and when Eomer first met Gliwen and the lie was created in earnest, i really did huff a little as i clicked out of the story. I dont know what it is, and im not sure why Lothiriel's pretended identity had me reacting in a way that Eomer's Leona did not in the last story. I think perhaps it was the circumstances of the continuation of the lie? The fact that she deliberately created, administered, and continued the deception when it was actually the hardest thing to do, in the sense that she had to actively continue to lie, as opposed to just not bringing up the lie for what it was. I dont know, i dont know... It just got to me and made me rather dislike this version of Lothiriel.

That being said, i'm rather glad that i came back to this story tonight in a temper, when i could find no other Eomer/Lothiriel stories of interest or quality freaking ANYWHERE, that i had not already read. I knew i should just trust you're writing and give this another shot, so i did, and i'm glad for it.

In the end, i found myself really liking this Lothiriel after all. She is quite cute i think! I do understand the panic of creating such a lie (though not the insistence on holding on to such an easily refuted story for longer than ten seconds, but anyway), and after i just shut my brain up and accepted it, i could get on with the story and take it as it was. And it was thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable.

The only other thing about it that had me raising an eyebrow was Eomer's all together too easy acceptance of Lothiriel back into his arms after two minutes in a warm room by the fire. I just thought that that reunion needed more exploration, its such a convoluted mess of emotions and broken trust that the way he accepted her was just too... rushed. Even though he wanted her in his life, even though he never stopped loving her and didnt want her to leave... even though he accepted and believed her story, that still didnt feel like it warranted such an easy mend of the heart. The whole situation feels like it could take months to heal, not minutes, and it just felt like a somewhat forced resolution to me so that you could round the story off and finish it up. After i lowered my eyebrows at the initial story premise and really got into the it, this just jolted me out again, jarring me out of the flow of the plot and characters, and making me think of it as a story whose resolution i did not believe, rather than being with the characters and feeling with and for them.

Anyway! I just thought that needed if not a few chapters to resolve, then at least one. ButThere's probably more criticism in this review than praise, when in the end i actually enjoyed the ride once i allowed myself to, and would overall rate this tale fairly well. I still love your Eomer, and your Lothiriels. I still love the way you write, the way you build a story and a romance. Actually i would love to know where i could get a look at this original story of yours when it's done! There's something about the way you write, especially the way you write romances, that just fills me with such satisfaction. I do hope you return to Eomer and Lothiriel from time to time, too. You're totally my go-to when it comes to my cravings for reading this pairing, and if all else fails, i usually just go back to Wings on a Storm. It's happened three times already, and i wouldnt be surprised if i read it for a fourth haha...

(Also, good grief, i apologise for how long this damned review is! Give it a couple more paragraphs and i'm sure a little box will appear on my screen saying 'Are you sure you would like to post this? You're not just writing a story in the wrong place, are you? Yes/No'.)
Yuki Suou chapter 16 . 5/25/2013
Awesome!
UntilNeverDawns chapter 16 . 5/4/2013
This story was absolutely brilliant! My poor roommate had to deal with me ranting at the characters! I am so glad everything worked out in the end :)
LizCaine chapter 16 . 4/1/2013
Liebe Lia,

egal, wie viele Reviews du zu deinem Geschichten bekommen magst, ich kann dir sagen: Aus meiner Sicht sind es immer zu wenige. Du schreibst meiner Meinung nach – hands down – nicht nur die besten, sondern vor allem auch die schönsten und lustigsten, dramatischsten, herzerwärmendsten und absolut bezauberndsten Geschichten auf dieser Seite. Trotz vieler Jahre eifrigen Lesens habe ich bis heute noch nichts Besseres gefunden – in keiner der vielen Kategorien. Würde es eine Perfektion im FF-Schreiben geben, würdest du am nächsten von allen dran sein.

Wenn ich sehe, dass es eine neue Geschichte von dir über Éomer und Lothíriel gibt, versuche ich, dies ganz schnell wieder zu vergessen: Wenn ich anfangen würde, sie zu lesen, bevor auch ihr Ende gepostet ist, würde ich wahrscheinlich verrückt werden.
Keine einzige Zeile deiner Geschichten ist beim Lesen langweilig – etwas, was ich so von keinem anderen Autor behaupten kann. Du schaffst es, Éomer und Lothíriel jedes Mal neu und anders erscheinen zu lassen, aber nie verkehrt. Ich muss jedes Mal wieder mit ihnen fiebern (und leiden…) – so auch hier. Schon am Ende des zweiten Kapitels saß ich mit großen Augen vor dem Bildschirm, kopfschüttelnd - ‚oh nein Lothíriel, oh nein Lothíriel, mach die Sache doch nicht noch schlimmer, du reitest immer weiter in den Mist rein‘. Die allergrößte Zeit während des Lesens habe ich jedoch das absolut breiteste Grinsen im Gesicht; es macht einfach so viel Spaß, deine Geschichten zu lesen.

Total beeindruckend finde ich auch die Recherchearbeit und/oder dein umfangreiches Wissen, was sich in den Geschichten widerspiegelt. Und damit meine ich nicht nur die sorgfältige Berücksichtigung von dem ganzen Gerüst, auf das Tolkien seine Welt errichtet hat, sondern vor allem diese nebensächlichen Dinge – ich muss gestehen, nach dieser Geschichte erstmal den recht umfangreichen Wikipedia-Eintrag zum Ameisenlöwen gelesen zu haben. Wie kommst du bloß auf solche Sachen? Total faszinierend. Oh, und lehrreich.

Wenn ich nur eine einzige Fanfiction auswählen müsste, bevor alles gelöscht würde – es wäre eine von deinen. (Mir fehlen Worte, um mein Lob noch deutlicher auszudrücken, ehrlich.)

Reviews zu deinen anderen Geschichten folgen bald. Garantiert zieht mich das erste Kapitel (das ich ja öffnen muss, um zu reviewen) aber wieder so sehr in seinen Bann, dass ich nicht umherkomme, auch alle anderen zu lesen. Und wenn ich deine Worte erst einmal lesen, jaa…. dann mache ich hier eine ganze Weile nichts anderes.

Ich schließe mich den Bitten der anderen an – hör bitte nicht auf, über Éomer und Lothíriel zu schreiben.

Liebe Grüße,
Liz
Eve chapter 16 . 3/11/2013
Just have to say, you've done it again! You are and still remain my favorite fanfiction author! : ) Loved this story; I love all the different takes you create for Lothiriel/Eomer!
346 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »