Reviews for The Wood Pile
Kurai Ummei chapter 1 . 2/26/2015
T-T
Frenchy chapter 1 . 2/18/2014
Ammazing stoy, I stumbled upon by accident but I'm very glad I did. I find it surprising that your work isn't well known given how beautifully you write, I'm french so I found it hard to read some part but still I felt immersed in your story. I love your vision of the game and of Zelda. Thank you for this beautiful story.
jodeybro chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
Wowza.
That was DEEP. (Loved it to pieces!)
Your timing was perfect! Some parts were a little confusing (Who is she talking to? Impa? I think I need a reread but I wouldn't mind reading this again).
Once again, I never expected anyone to be so deep about anything! Fantastic :3
Forgotten Shadow Dweller chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Really liked this one. You added a unseen layer of depth to the characters that definitely grabbed my attention. I also liked the style of writing, it was different and poetic. Well done.
GBlackwell chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Considering that the Legend of Zelda is a childhood love of mine (actually, scratch the childhood part. I still love it) and for some reason I find very little worthwhile Zelda fanfiction, I was immensely happy to get this alert, and got even happier as I read this.

You write about Zelda with a poetry that is sadly lacking in all of Zelda fanfiction. I remember when I first played the game (Ocarina of Time): I was overcome by the mythical feeling of the game, the poignancy of unspoken tragedies. The story had a magic that is very rare in videogames. Actually, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were the only games with that magic. The sequels, while good, did not have that exact feeling...except maybe briefly in a few scenes. You take that mythical feeling, created by the sights and sounds of the games, and re-create it with words: it's fantastic.

Anyway, you capture the implied sadness and darkness of Zelda's story. I think a lot of people play the game and not realize the despair she must have felt at certain times... so many people make her just a rescued love interest for Link, not realizing her depths and how impossible making her a simple damsel in distress is. They also don't realize that Link was basically Zelda's tool in the game... which she even owns up to a bit at the end.

I like how she becomes Sheik, in a sense, even thought "he" is just a disguise at first, the disguise becomes part of her soul, even the greater part at some point when she realizes that Kakariko burning hurts worse than Hyrule burning. I also like how you give the ending to Ocarina of Time a twist... something that shows how Zelda's selfish desires might have influenced her decision.

I loved the whole thing, actually: style, insight, all of it. Thank you for your hard work.