Reviews for A Three Hour Tour
kingmoriartea chapter 2 . 11/8/2012
This is really good, I love it. I'm just confused- how did Gilligan get hurt?
tomboy author chapter 3 . 9/24/2012
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooh AWSOME! Ha ha this is fantastic.

I loved how you did this, I think you caught the characters super well and this last chapter was great.

"Shut up Gilligan! Check on the passengers!"

"What?"

"I said to—" He was interrupted by a flash of lightening, which made Gilligan jump onto the Skipper's back. They struggled about for a little bit, until he threw Gilligan off his back.

"Skipper, I need to check on everybody!"

"That's what I just said!"

"Then why won't you lemme go?"

"BECAUSE YOU'RE STILL HERE!"- Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Seriously FUUUUUUUUUUNY!

Oh boy well done what a great story to show what we never got to see. Thank you so so so much, I just love little stories like these. Also thanks for kind of inspiring me to start my story "Gilligan's Island without the Island" Your AWSOME

tomboy author out
Teobi chapter 3 . 9/23/2012
Gilligan shirtless! You certainly know how to please your audience :) Erm, but I don't know how to break this to you, Brad Pitt wasn't around in 1963, or if he was, he was just a baby :D
Ahem...anyway, back to Gilligan shirtless! I'd bandage his bare back any day.

. "I'm sorry, Gilligan. My mind was somewhere else." - Yes, Mary Ann, so was mine :)

Gilligan's so manly. No sooner is he all bandaged up, he's off to matten the batches and wheel the hatches! Ahoy, mateys!

And the Howells, lol! 'Mr. Howell was snoring quite loudly (even in comparison to the storm), using his suitcases and teddy as pillows, muttering, "How dare they overcharge me . . . mmmm . . . Lovey! Fend them off while I get in the vault . . !'

How terribly rude of the storm to interfere with a Howell nap!

. "Can't you do something about the snoring?"

"Besides plugging the mouth with a cork? No . . . there isn't one big enough on this boat to cover that hole."

- Bahahahahahaha! Wait until they've been stranded with the man for 15 years!

. "It may have been a barrell falling on deck." - Or your big fat captain being knocked out cold...!

. "They're experienced, they know what they're doing." - So was the crew of the Titanic...

As for the Professor, he knows so much about sailing, HE should go up there and take charge! OY.

"So we're drifting?!"

"At an angle. We probably shouldn't be too worried, they'll realize this and fix it."

"I hope so . . ."

- Famous last words.

So now we know the real reason they got shipwrecked. G Man and the Skipper were both knocked unconscious. (I was watching the unaired pilot the other day and in the opening credits it says the steering wheel broke, nothing to do with the anchor not being attached to the boat!) Proffy spent the whole time talking, the Howells were asleep, and Mary Ann was too busy thinking about Gilligan.

"When we get off this ship, I'm going to ask for my money back." - How would you like to be paid, Mary Ann? In coconuts or bananas?

No phone, no lights no motor cars,

Not a single luxury,

Like Robinson Crusoe,

As primative as can be.

- Well, apart from everything the Howells own, fully furnished huts, a fresh water supply, oil lamps, plenty of fruit and fish, a golf course, a bamboo pedal car, miraculously clean clothes every day, makeup and perfume for the girls, a record player (with records) and numerous other bamboo gadgets, NO luxuries at all!

Damn, my life is more primitive than theirs!

I'll stop now, haha.

T :) xx
Teobi chapter 2 . 9/12/2012
Okay, who tied the granny knot to the anchor!

Spitting over the side! You can't say Gilligan doesn't give value for money. I bet he was the funnest person to go on a tour with. :-D And the image of Lovey Howell dribbling down her chin, priceless.

And the five foot wa...ves. Lol! Poor Gilligan. Still valiantly trying to give a tour talk while the sea is raging all around them.

Love Gilligan's antics! Running in and out every five seconds. Telling stories about the Skipper having accidents. Mary Ann touching his knee! You go, girl!

. Gilligan ran back in, "Even if it's only been a few seconds, and you even think that something's wrong, come out and check on me." He shut the door.

"I think we need to-"

"Even if you don't think that anything's wrong with me, something may have happened to the Skipper."

"I think we-"

"Wait until I've gone outside, Professor." Gilligan ran back outside, shutting the door.

"I think we need to—" He turned around, waiting for a second. The door didn't open. "Alright. I think we need to-"

"It's fine, the Skipper had it." Gilligan came back in casually.

LOLOLOL! Great comic timing!

Then, I can just see Gilligan straining to pull up an anchor that isn't there. He would so do that! Huffing and puffing until he's holding up an empty rope. "Oh."

Personally I think it's the captain's job to make sure his vessel is fit for sailing, and that includes checking things like, oh, you know, the anchor, and not leaving it to his crew. especially knowing how accident-prone his crew is. But why make your own checks when you can blame Gilligan! Naughty Skipper :)

Can't wait for part 3. I hope Mary Ann takes every opportunity to 'accidentally' fall against Gilligan as many times as possible :)
special agent Ali chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
This is cute :) love your idea how they met wish I thought of that but glad to read it
tomboy author chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
I like this story so far. I've always wondered how they all met. Ha ha ha I think Gilligan and Mary Ann make such a cute couple. I think this really shows what we never got to see in the TV show. Good job and I hope you update soon.

And I just want you to know that I am a huge MAG fan.

tomboy author out
chill13 chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
I could totally see the Skipper and Gilligan having a constant contest over who could get more costomers.

Mary Ann's such a sweetheart, it would be like her to take the tour just to help someone out. And poor Gilligan and his upsidedown sign.

Oh, I don't know, Gilligan. I think TWO BILLIONAIRES top one B-movie actress any day of the week.

"No storm would dare rain on a Howell." Wow. The Howells are always so confident that nothing can ever phase them.

So far this is extremely entertaining and completely in character. I LOVE it! I'd always wished they would have shown the story from the beginning, leaving the docks and the storm. I can't wait to read more!
Katherine1992 chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Great so far!
Teobi chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Aww! Thanks for the mention! I laughed straight away at Gilligan and Skipper's staring match, I could just see G Man narrowing his eyes so much that they shut! And it really is an interesting concept that they would hold contests with each other to see how many passengers they could rustle up for their tours.

"Care for a three hour tour of the isla—you're walking away from me." - *I* wouldn't walk away from you, Gilligan! Not with that sunny smile of yours!

'Their tours were well worth it'. But of course. They've got GILLIGAN!

The exchange with Mary Ann is both funny and precious! In fact, it's completely adorable. Love how he's reduced to stutters and she points out he's holding the sign upside down! IT'S LOVE!

"I'd like to help you out here."

"Oh, no thanks. I have money and a home already."

- LOLOL! Trust Gilligan.

. 'Gilligan hoped the Skipper had hooked in several people, it would be awkward to have two sailors and a girl onboard.'

- Indeed...!

. 'Gilligan blushed deeply, too shy to ask for an autograph. It was Ginger Grant, one of Gilligan's top favorite actresses, if not his favorite.

'Stupid Skipper. Always has to outdo me.'

- LOLOLOLOL! Too funny! Poor G Man. But he did have an extensive knowledge of Ginger's movies. :)

And the Howells- was it in the pilot episode that they said they'd left the motor running? It sounds familiar, like it's canon or something.

Aww! Gilligan trying to show them bottlenose dolphins, "I think", and the Professor automatically correcting him! Get used to it Gilligan, he'll be doing this for the next fifteen years!

And Ginger, waiting for him outside the door. Better get used to THAT, too...

And then all the arguing and shouting over each other. I can just hear Thurston Howell's foghorn voice and Mrs. Howell complaining about the Powells! Nice mention of the Powells, btw. The very same Powells of Powell Industries, which went bust instead of Howell Industries. Serves them right :)

"My agent's going to hear about this!" - Good luck with that, Ginger.

Mrs. Howell is still going strong: "Oh, can you not see the way she looks at you every time you two are alone at the punch table? It's like a wolf and a deer."

. Skipper: "We aren't stopping this tour for a little bad weather. I doubt it'll even hit us. If it does, we'll all just get inside, continue the tour from in there, and wait until it clears up. Just settle down, relax, and let Gilligan and I take care of everything."

Hmm, I have the urge to break into song here... all together now,

"The weather started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed,
If not for the courage of the fearless crew, the Minnow would be lost!"

Sideshow, you're onto a winner here. I really hope there's a second chapter dealing with the shenanigans that must have occurred on board during the storm itself! Everyone falling all over each other!

(Plus, I really want to know why a captain of a vessel wouldn't make sure that an anchor line was secured to the ship before a crewman threw it overboard!)

Anyway, I totally loved it. You're doing a great job :)

T xx
TereseLucy384 chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
This is a fun concept. If I had seen Gilligan offering tours when I went to Honolulu, I most definitely would have gone . . . which could have been disastrous ;)

I like that this is a typical conversation that you would hear in the community area, with everyone arguing at once. Nice job.

Hope you update soon :)
Womenreligiousfan chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
I loved the whole Powell thing! I always thought that the Howells may have detested the Powells.