Reviews for Crossfire
Love you're stories! Some of the best I have read. Thank you for sharing your talent!
Phantasmal Abduction chapter 19 . 1/13/2017
Amazing. I find myself a little speechless having come to the end of this intense and sometimes gut-wrenching story but I loved every second of it.
Phantasmal Abduction chapter 2 . 1/12/2017
Holy. Shit. That chapter is the most intense, heartbreaking, edge-of-my-seat thing I've ever read. I feel remiss for not reading this fic sooner.
I love your writing, I adore And All the King's Men, and I don't even know if you still get these alerts, but I just wanted to tell you how much I love and enjoy your writing :D
atymer chapter 19 . 12/17/2016
Another exciting suspense filled story. I enjoy the varied 'obvious' suspects and got dragged around changing my mind about who did it every chapter. lol
Imaging Jim's academy experience being over flowing with near lethal engagements makes me think how these story seem to slip right into the current theme of the latest films. Star Fleets most lethal enemies are the power hungry human beings that sits in control of the Fleet and every single ship out there. Truly we humans are our own worse enemy. We don't need to find others.
So Fav list for this too and Kudos to the author. I've been captivated.
lilyblaney chapter 19 . 9/15/2016
Eeeee the ending is so perfect! These last three or so chapters... The reveal, Jim learning his lesson, Jim applying his lesson... It was all just so satisfying. It made me giddy haha. Most of the story I was constantly cringing because of Jim being stupid or something horrible happening and it was all just so sad and frustrating (in a good way for the most part haha). My main (and the only one I can think of at the moment) would be that it dragged on a bit. There were lots of parts where the character is thinking a lot or where a situation is being analysed or something where I feel it could have been cut down a bit. Just to make it feel a little less repetitive or wordy or something, you know? But really, the ending made up for it all. It was damn good. Plus I really love how you describe things and set scenes and write characters (especially Bones and Jim). Really love. So yeah. I can't wait to read the next book!
Starrylizard chapter 19 . 8/27/2016
Awesome! Thanks for sharing with us. :-)
reading-rider chapter 19 . 2/13/2016
Hello, Mijan!
I know it's been a while since you posted on fanfiction, but I just found your stories this past week and have been enjoying them tremendously. I'm not into slash, so I've focused on your stories that don't feature it. They are so darn good and so much fun. I can picture the AOS characters in you're writing and your plot lines are very absorbing. I just wanted to thank you for your dedication and for sharing your stories. They've provided me with hours of addictive reading. One more to go, and I can't wait to start reading. Thank you very much!
Grgoyldef2 chapter 19 . 3/17/2015
Really enjoying your series. I have to admit though, sometimes I feel really bad for Bones. Being involved in a friendship with Jim has got to be a constant challenge. But I love the relationship your developing with them. Thanks for writing these.
Warrior717 chapter 19 . 8/14/2014
I got chills reading the very ending! And there were so many great moments bewteen Jim and McCoy here; The humor was endearing, Jim surprising McCoy was a bit predictable (at least for me), but the buildup to that moment when he first sees Jim in the shuttle was brilliantly written and executed. Even though i knew Jim was going to be in the shuttle the moment McCoy found him missing from his dorm, i still felt the anticipation. Wonderful job!

The humor was also endearing, and my heart was warmed when McCoy told Jim that he was proud of him. This, by far, is my favorite bromance moment between them. Jim asking for reassurance from Bones is always incredibly sweet too.

You tied up your loose ends smoothly, and gave us something to cherish when you wrote this story. I don't think I will ever stop being impressed by your writing talents, and your ability to touch people's lives through your work. I believe that at times, you can learn some things about a person through their writing. From what I can see of you so far, is someone beautiful.
Warrior717 chapter 18 . 8/14/2014
Awww ...I can't express how touching it was when McCoy got the cream for Jim's coffee without Jim having to say anything. It's the little things like that, that really speak volumes about their friendship, and how well they know each other. :)
Warrior717 chapter 17 . 8/14/2014
WOW...out of all the possible scenarios running through my head, I was *not* expecting THAT. This chapter was amazing! in fact, this whole story really is. Jim's little breakdown there near the end, when his laughs became more like sobs, was heart-wrenching and poignant. I was waiting for it, and you did not disappoint. The guilt he felt over Tambe's death after he found out the truth, that he inadvertly caused the shuttle to crash. Even though he couldn't have known that by fiddling with it, it would actually make it worse. The emotions in this chapter were intense, and I couldn't believe that Sven was actually the cause behind the crash. Was he really that insensitive that his experiment led to Tambe's death? Or had he just become desensitized? I...don't even get me started on him. Just...wow.

On to read more! Why? Because I literally can't stop. :)
Warrior717 chapter 16 . 8/13/2014
I LOVED absolutely everything about this chapter! The tension between Pike, Jim, and McCoy was marvelously written, and I really admired Jim for his humility here. I'm so glad Jim is finally realizing how fortunate he is for having a friend like McCoy. You don't find many out there like him.

I can't wait to read more! :)
Warrior717 chapter 15 . 7/31/2014
Poor Jim. This turn of events isn't completely unexpected though, what with Jim's growing paranoia and other stressful factors. Somehow i think this is exactly what the real culprit (s) want. With Jim appearing nonsensical and paranoid about everything, it will most likely divert attention away from what's really going on. That's my theory anyway.

I especially loved the part when Jim told McCoy that he was bringing him with him after McCoy told Jim he could go anywhere he wants someday. That was very sweet. :)
Warrior717 chapter 14 . 7/15/2014
I want to know why they stopped the investigation. At this point, I wouldn't blame Jim one bit if decided to pursue his own investigation.

Some great bromance moments in this chapter, I didn't expect Jim to loose it like he did, but I'm glad Bones was able to reel him back in. :)
Warrior717 chapter 13 . 7/14/2014
YAY! I seriously couldn't stop from smiling as i read this brilliant chapter, and i have decided that it's, no doubt, one of my absolute favorites from you.

Firstly, I was very much looking forward to the shuttle/simulator scene with Jim and McCoy, and you did not disappoint. I love the idea that by Jim helping McCoy with his own fear, he, in return, was inevitably being forced to face his. While at the same time, McCoy was able to be distracted from his own fears because of his concern for Jim. It's beautifully ironic, and intriguing to see the change in dynamics between these two men in this particular situation. They both give each other strength when the other needs it, and reminds me that their relationship is in some ways symbiotic. They not only compliment each other in the best ways possible, but they depend on each other in so many ways. Essentially, one could not exist for long without the other. The shuttle scene, even though on smaller scale, was a great example of this.

I'm still not sure how to feel about Romano at this point. He seemed genuinely surprised about Jim's accusation, and yet...he could be throwing Jim off. I want to believe he's all around a good guy, but I'm still on the fence about him.

And the trial...what can I say, really, except that it was ***PERFECT.*** I was hoping for a dramatic trial like this, and imagine my elation when that's exactly what we got. I appreciated the fact that the doctors were sympathetic, though objective in their questioning. I loved that they really listened to Jim when he defended McCoy (how awesome was that? :)) and though there were heightened emotions (one of my favorite parts), it was never overdone. I found the trial scene extremely poignant, especially when McCoy told Jim everything for the first time. Besides, for some reason I've always immensely enjoyed scenes where everyone's attention is on one or two of the main characters. In this case, the parts in the scene where Jim was being questioned or defending McCoy, and all eyes were on him (including Bones), were some of the best moments in the story.

The ending of this chapter was, of course, very sweet. The idea that McCoy was attempting to meet requirements for post aboard a starship immediately after graduation, despite his fears of space, really spoke volumes of his relationship to Jim, and what Jim means to him.

There were so many great moments in this chapter, and I am excited to see what comes next! :)